Sign in to follow this  
drunkunmunkey

Our right side!

Why have Croft and Semmy got it into thier heads that the way to attack is to pass continually between each other, UNTIL one of them has a chance to cross. They never look to play it inside! Its so frustrating because all it amounts to is a poor cross from either of them, or a throw-in. They should be looking to play one two''s with CM''s/ST''s to get in behind or quickly swap the play to the other side and pull the defence about. But neither have the vision to attempt/pull off such passes.

Hoolahan and Bertrand on the other side are much better at it. Hoolahan especially is always cutting inside and swapping the play, but this may be down his lack of pace to get past the player. But still, its much more effective than our monotonous right-side play!

Discuss...[:D]

To be fair, Crofty played tight up against the touchline last night which left Semi with no room to overlap and too often he was asked to come inside and play where he isn''t as comfortable. Plus, the stretched nature of having the right side as far out as they were meant that passing options were not always as close as they could have been. That said, Semi had a poor match, although overall I''m a fan and think he still has a lot to offer.

DO ME A FAVOUR

The poor fella is out of his depth. He looks like the poor unsportslike kid who was always put on the wing in rugby at school. everything is going smoothly until it gets to him. He does not know what to do. Go forward, go backward,pass it, kick it, take someone on. It takes him so long to think about he gets charged down by the opposition and ends up making a complete balls up of it. He totally upsets the flow and movement of the team and indirectly will cost us goals. Even when the play is not down his side. Sorry John but not at this level. Love to see him prove me wrong because on the odd occasion he is good he is awesome but they are to few and far inbetween.

[quote user="ctid"]

DO ME A FAVOUR

The poor fella is out of his depth. He looks like the poor unsportslike kid who was always put on the wing in rugby at school. everything is going smoothly until it gets to him. He does not know what to do. Go forward, go backward,pass it, kick it, take someone on. It takes him so long to think about he gets charged down by the opposition and ends up making a complete balls up of it. He totally upsets the flow and movement of the team and indirectly will cost us goals. Even when the play is not down his side. Sorry John but not at this level. Love to see him prove me wrong because on the odd occasion he is good he is awesome but they are to few and far inbetween.

[/quote]What utter crap. It infuriates me when people take a couple of errors from a recent match and use that as their entire assessment of the player.Yes a couple of times Semmy got in trouble, didnt make the decision quick enough and was robbed, this was poor of course but throughout the course of the 90 mins he made up for those errors. Croft wouldnt be half as effective as he is without the support from Semmy.One thing people always forget is Semmy is in a very difficult position as he has 25000 on his back to get forward and then McLaggon came on and started to cause us problems so he has him to deal with who was a threat all game.He''s caught in 2 minds a lot of the time. What would you rather he do? just go Gung ho and try and get really involved in every attack and let McLaggon punish us?Lay off him, try supporting the players that try there best for a change instead of constantly slagging them off and when they make 2 mistakes just say there complete $hit and not fit to wear the shirt.

Otsemoboor is awful. The guy has been very poor for months now not just the last game. He is supposedly the quickest full back in the country as claimed by some on here and yet the last few games the opposition wingers were tearing him apart, beating him in every leg race. I am sure he has the worst reactions the world of professional football has ever seen and i doubt he has a footballing brain (if any brain).

[quote user="Fabregas- Poor Mans Ian Crook"]Otsemoboor is awful. The guy has been very poor for months now not just the last game. He is supposedly the quickest full back in the country as claimed by some on here and yet the last few games the opposition wingers were tearing him apart, beating him in every leg race. I am sure he has the worst reactions the world of professional football has ever seen and i doubt he has a footballing brain (if any brain).[/quote]

I agree. He has been awful this season. He seems to become terminally confused if he can''t pass to Croft (even if the poor guy is surrounded!). Defensively he''s all over the place. Unfortunately Omosuzi is just as bad. We desperately need a right back and to get Bell into his proper position on the right, as he can actually cross the ball.

On their day I don''t think there''s a better right sided combination in our league.

Unfortunately, Semmy hasn''t produced his best form much at all over recent months. I think his confidence probably took a huge knock when Roeder was here. I hope that''s what it is anyway and that he''ll be able to produce what we know he could/should be capable of.

Semi and Osmosi along with Fozzy have been the biggest let downs this season with their performances and none deserve a current place in the team. How about trying Grounds at RB??  Cant hurt especially if Purse is coming in....

you say

"What utter crap. It infuriates me when people take a couple of errors from a recent match and use that as their entire assessment of the player."

You have disagreed me and then in the next breath state

"Yes a couple of times Semmy got in trouble, didnt make the decision quick enough and was robbed, this was poor of course"

and 

"He''s caught in 2 minds a lot of the time."

I do not have  any coaching badges, never coached anything other than kids, but I do know that we have agreed on what John is not good at and that means he is not good enough for this level. I did not use inflamatory language or confess to critizing in the manner you describe

"Lay off him, try supporting the players that try there best for a change instead of constantly slagging them off and when they make 2 mistakes just say there complete $hit and not fit to wear the shirt."

I would not have put it that way but you are right !

[quote user="Boba Fett"]Semi and Osmosi along with Fozzy have been the biggest let downs this season with their performances and none deserve a current place in the team. How about trying Grounds at RB??  Cant hurt especially if Purse is coming in....[/quote]Ground would never make a good rightback imo. Also, adding to your list, Bertrand. Bearing in mind these are young players who are under so much pressure to perform well for a club they don''t belong to! It''s quite a task I would imagine! That aside, I do think we need experience over youth. Drury should start on the left and we do need to invest in a new right back. Semmy does work well with Croft though, just they need to make more of an end product, but it will come with confidence.