Sign in to follow this  
As my login causes problems [ :o) ]

NCISA Statement released to Press 23rd January

In Kathy''s absence can I reproduce the following:

NCISA wishes to congratulate Bryan Gunn and the new management team on their appointment.

Bryan Gunn is without question a Norwich City legend. He is well liked and respected throughout the city and county by people not even connected with football, as a result of his charity work and being Sheriff of Norwich.

Welcome back also to two former City favourites Ian Crook and John Deehan.

The big question of course is ''Is this the dream team?'' No one knows and only  history will decide. If they have half the success they did as players then surely there can only be better times ahead. This is a new beginning for the football club. We have had dark days and false dawns in recent years and there will certainly be difficult times ahead.

The fans have been patient for a long time and  between now and the end of the season at least, everybody needs to be singing from the same hymn sheet if we are to pull away from the bottom of the table. The management team, the board, the players and that vital ingredient without which the club cannot survive - the fans need to pull together as one.  NCISA know that the fans will play their part in making the club upwardly  mobile again and together we can help achieve the place in football Norwich City Football Club deserves.

It says until the end of the season at least.Do you honestly think that the new management set up should work against a backdrop of fans protesting and bickering about the board.It is going to be a long hard struggle to pull away from the bottom of the table and every game is a six pointer plus the new guys in charge and the players need our total support.

No way does the statement suggest that we should forgive and forget what have been some grave errors of judgement in the past.How you have read that i do not know.

Surely there has been enough upheaval this season without rocking the boat even further at this crucial point in time.

The end of the season when we know where we are at may well be a totally appropriate time to point the finger.

We do seem to be pinning a lot on 3 unproven men. Does being  "city legends" make you the right people for the job, I''m not so sure but bloody hope so.Delightful Delia and Co have to be applauded for pulling the wool over peoples eyes with this one.  The club still has the same recent history, same mismanagment and the same wallies at the helm but pulled a blinder on this one.[:|]

[quote user="IncH_HigH"]We do seem to be pinning a lot on 3 unproven men. Does being  "city legends" make you the right people for the job, I''m not so sure but bloody hope so.

Delightful Delia and Co have to be applauded for pulling the wool over peoples eyes with this one.  The club still has the same recent history, same mismanagment and the same wallies at the helm but pulled a blinder on this one.[:|]
[/quote]

You are right but you must agree that now is not the time for finger pointing.

Are the NCISA have come out of the shadows..As i''ve said before IMO the board have gone down the wrong road AGAIN but i will give Gunn and Crook my full support because thats what this club needs at the moment, it also needs some new players and the board have to find some money to give the new dream team any hope of keeping us up.

I will say one other thing the NCISA should have helped out the average joe fans of this club a few weeks back when Roeder was dragging us down and we tried to get some action going, i thought the  NCISA represented all fans not just it''s members or do i have that wrong?.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

Certainly isn''t.

One great thing about NC fans is when the chips are down we always pull together.  The team need us to be united more than ever now.

[/quote]

I''ll drink to that, we fans need to show the rest of the league that we are the best, lets make the home matches all sell outs and raise the roof. the team need us to make as much noise as possible.  

[quote user="CT "]So because the manager (i.e roeder) has been replaced we should just forgive and forget about the boards problems?Really glad im not a member tbh[/quote]I think it''s fair to say we''re all glad you''re not a member, "board this, board that", yes they''ve done wrong before but pull yourself away from then and just back the team at least, that statement had naff all to do with the board.

[quote user="Mushroom"][quote user="CT "]So because the manager (i.e roeder) has been replaced we should just forgive and forget about the boards problems?Really glad im not a member tbh[/quote]I think it''s fair to say we''re all glad you''re not a member, "board this, board that", yes they''ve done wrong before but pull yourself away from then and just back the team at least, that statement had naff all to do with the board. [/quote]Well then maybe it should have had something to do with the board !!

We have to get things back on track first and foremost.

I have been a huge critic of the Board over the last five years, where they have made mistakes, but if you are in a sinking ship do you argue about whose fault it is, or do you all get bailling out and get to dry land first?

Once on dry land you can scrap to your hearts content!

I think the whole reason for the appointments this week was solely to ensure that the fans would be on board! With 24,000 fans giving the team their full support and making Carrow road rock then there is every chance we can pull away from trouble. That is what we had during Worthy''s reign where his success was built on a tremendous home record;

2000-2001 (I think he went something like 7 or 8 games after his appointment before losing a home game)

2001-2002 (play off season, 2 defeats at home at all season)

2002-2003 (apart from a dodgy spell in Feb/March when we lost 3 or 4 games in quick succession we had a very solid home record)

2003-2004 (title winning season, 2 defeats at home all season)

2004-2005 (prem season, an OK record including 4 straight wins at end of season)

2005-2006 ( after a slow start, I think we won something like 9 out of our last 11 home games)

For much of that time we had a team that wasn''t that much better then now - certainly the play off team and the 02/03 team where little better than the current mob (apart from the keeper and back 4) - we had a strike force of Neilsen, McVeigh, Abbey & Hendo for much of this time (Iwan was injured for much of those 2 seasons).

With home games against the likes of Soton, Watford, Plymouth, Sheff Wed & Bristol City which are all winnable then we should be able to avoid trouble. Lets not forget that the games where the fans have been "up for it" like Brum, Wolves, Ipswich & Barnsley then the team have really performed. I don''t think we should under-estimate our importance and the effect we have on team performance.

[quote user="Mushroom"][quote user="CT "]So because the manager (i.e roeder) has been replaced we should just forgive and forget about the boards problems?Really glad im not a member tbh[/quote]I think it''s fair to say we''re all glad you''re not a member, "board this, board that", yes they''ve done wrong before but pull yourself away from then and just back the team at least, that statement had naff all to do with the board. [/quote]How is that recruitment drive going Mushroom? Well I take it?......

[quote user="Delia S. Tickers"]

[quote user="TIL 1010"]Blimey three hours has passed and no sign of Wiz.[/quote]

He sent his apprentice though....

[/quote]

Looks like some people wanted us to release an anti Board statement so we could then be accused of rocking the boat at this crucial time.I also notice that the anti NCISA brigade still want us to fight their battles for them so you just cannot please everybody.

For goodness sake can we just stop this bickering and concentrate on the job in hand which is Championship safety.

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="Delia S. Tickers"]

[quote user="TIL 1010"]Blimey three hours has passed and no sign of Wiz.[/quote]

[/quote]

Looks like some people wanted us to release an anti Board statement so we could then be accused of rocking the boat at this crucial time.I also notice that the anti NCISA brigade still want us to fight their battles for them so you just cannot please everybody.

For goodness sake can we just stop this bickering and concentrate on the job in hand which is Championship safety.

[/quote]

Bickering support. You are the ones that called in Smudger as a consultant and spokesman. How serious do you want to be taken?

[quote user="The Butler"][quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="Delia S. Tickers"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Bickering support. You are the ones that called in Smudger as a consultant and spokesman. How serious do you want to be taken?

[/quote]

I trust that is a tongue in cheek remark.Smudger is a member of NCISA and is entitled to his views.Consultant and spokesman he is not as you well know.

I think we should be 110% behind the team, as we are in a difficult position as it is,without making things worse by hurling abuse at the board. I think we can all agree that some of the decisions made over the past few years are slightly dubious to say the least, however they are our board, and love them or loathe them, they are in control at the present time and unless somebody can come up with a deal that is right for Norwich City football club , then I think we can also agree that they will be here for some time to come.

The team is what is important at the moment, let the off the field activities remain just that, and show your vocal support, for our new management team and our players.

On the ball City

[quote user="Aussie Canary"]

I think we should be 110% behind the team, as we are in a difficult position as it is,without making things worse by hurling abuse at the board. I think we can all agree that some of the decisions made over the past few years are slightly dubious to say the least, however they are our board, and love them or loathe them, they are in control at the present time and unless somebody can come up with a deal that is right for Norwich City football club , then I think we can also agree that they will be here for some time to come.

The team is what is important at the moment, let the off the field activities remain just that, and show your vocal support, for our new management team and our players.

On the ball City

[/quote]

Very well put IMO.

Get behind the team and safety first, then once we are safe opinions on the board can be voiced.  I and I will once again voice my opinion on them.  Right now the priority is to see us safe.

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="Delia S. Tickers"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I think that all of the bickering and NCISA anti-sentiment is exaccerbated by NCISA members posting their opinions on a public forum.  Do you find sports desk pete posting on here something to the contrary of his employers?  Or Neil Doncaster saying how personally he thinks that Gunny is a bad appointment?

Unfortunately when you are part of an organisation you have to be seen to tow the party line.  You also have to rise above any flaming (which I hope you will understand this isnt).

[quote user="peartreeproductions"][quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="Delia S. Tickers"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I think that all of the bickering and NCISA anti-sentiment is exaccerbated by NCISA members posting their opinions on a public forum.  Do you find sports desk pete posting on here something to the contrary of his employers?  Or Neil Doncaster saying how personally he thinks that Gunny is a bad appointment?

Unfortunately when you are part of an organisation you have to be seen to tow the party line.  You also have to rise above any flaming (which I hope you will understand this isnt).

[/quote]

I''m sorry but I dont agree with that at all. I am perfectly entitled to come on here and post my opinions just the same as you are. I could easily make up some id to hide who I am but chose not to and that shouldnt bar me from saying what I think. Sorry if you dont like it but thats too bad.

The only party line that members of NCISA have to toe is to support our football team. Committee members and ordinary members have come on this board time and time again to say as much.

The variety of views on the Committee can be seen in the weekly NCISA column in the Pink Un - as we are not employed by either the club nor NCISA we can hold and voice any opinions we choose. The only party line we support is when we agree a statement - like the first one on this thread.

[quote user="peartreeproductions"][quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="Delia S. Tickers"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]Quite right, and maybe they should also employ the hammer and sickle as their mascot.....

[quote user="Kathy"][quote user="peartreeproductions"][quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="Delia S. Tickers"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I''m sorry but I dont agree with that at all. I am perfectly entitled to come on here and post my opinions just the same as you are. I could easily make up some id to hide who I am but chose not to and that shouldnt bar me from saying what I think. Sorry if you dont like it but thats too bad.

[/quote]

Kathy you''re quite right in that you have every right to voice your opinion. The problem is I think I understand yourself, John''s, Smudger''s and other NCISA members who post on here personal views regarding the club/previous manager, however I have know idea what the NCISA thinks, as an organisation it doesn''t seem to have much of a view on anything regarding the club, and appears to really not know what time of organisation it want''s to be anymore. John is quite right in saying now is not the time for further unrest and it''s time to get behind the club, but I would humbly suggest that in the summer the NCISA review the direction it wishes to go in the future (where for instance will it stand if things get worse into next season for example; should it continue to sponsor the assistant manager, is being a board member in the NCISA appropriate to being a member of the SCG, is it truly independent enough from the club, are all things I believe it should be asking itself in less turbulent times). This isn''t a dig at yourselves (though I''m sure the ever prickly Mr Tilson will take it as such) you give up a lot of your own time and do lots of good work for charity the club etc but in a time when many wanted the NCISA to be a force for change as it was at it''s conception, it wasn''t willing or able to be so.

I think one thing about those of us from NCISA who post on here that is fairly clear is that we are not anonymous.  Kathy and John are pobably as familiar to some of you  as officials from the club and once I get the latest members pictures up, all our pictures are on the NCISA website.

On individual opinions, I think it ios fairly obvious that every organisation contains members with different opinions.  Over the course of time the make up of the leading group, as eleceted by the total membership or put forward from their members guides the views of the totality.

In politics for instance a Conservative party led by Maggie Thatcher and with Keith Joseph etc on her "committee" was vastly different from one led by Edward Heath and with Francis Pym on the "committee".

I think its safe to say that John Tilson has different views to Roy Blower, so NCISA has maybe shifted in views as a whole.  Certainly their are widespread views on the current committee and the questionnaire proved that the members hold vastly different views too.

However despite all our views being different I have not heard since the appointment of Bryan Gunn, ANYONE who wishes to protest, boycott, or cause criminal damage against the Board at this time. Instead everyone wants us to get behind the team and secure our Championship safety.

Unless as they say on all good TV shows, you know different .......

I agree with most of that :o) but I would raise a couple of points

1. in a government whilst there may be a number of of different view across a broad spectrum, those elected to lead a party/government are done so to make difficult decision on behalf of those they represent, not simply take a concensus view on each and every issue. Whilst that would be true democracy no decision would ever be reached, My concern re the NCISA is that with thoroughly good intentions to represent all it''s members, because of this it ends up representing none of it''s members views from concern of isolating others.

2. as I said previously I believe now is the time to get wholeheartedly behind the club as Championship survival is all that matter in the short term, but I do believe the NCISA need to think ahead regarding next season and indeed beyond should we end up back to square one ( i''m not saying what stance they should take that''s for their board and members to decide). Safety this season does not equate to all the problems having gone away as fans of Leicester could testify to.