Sign in to follow this  
canary cherub

Undignified

[quote user="Potless Percy "]

Gunny has always struck me as such a dignified man. 

Allowing his daughter to get involved in that embarrassing Facebook stunt seems so out of character.  It''s tarnished his image afaic, which is a shame.

Whether it was entirely spontaneous on Melissa''s part or a bright idea by the club''s media department, I don''t suppose we will ever know.  If the latter, maybe  Gunny was under a bit of pressure to agree to it, but whatever the circumstances I wish he hadn''t.

[/quote]

I was going to comment along the lines of " I`ve never read such a load of unsubstantiated rubbish..." ...............then I remembered that the 1st eejit started a thread about this yesterday .................At least come up with your own conspiracy theory!!

[quote user="McCanary"][quote user="Potless Percy "]

Allowing his daughter to get involved in that embarrassing Facebook stunt seems so out of character.  It''s tarnished his image afaic, which is a shame.

Whether it was entirely spontaneous on Melissa''s part or a bright idea by the club''s media department, I don''t suppose we will ever know.  If the latter, maybe  Gunny was under a bit of pressure to agree to it, but whatever the circumstances I wish he hadn''t.

[/quote]

I was going to comment along the lines of " I`ve never read such a load of unsubstantiated rubbish..." ...............then I remembered that the 1st eejit started a thread about this yesterday .................At least come up with your own conspiracy theory!!

[/quote]

As we all know, Bryan is an absolute hero, is loved by all the fans and is a true Norwich city great, we think that he is the man for the job- Canaries through and through GUNN IN

UPDATE: Bryan Gunn given the caretaker''s role against City''s clash with Barnsley this Saturday! This is his chance to prove to the skeptical fans that he has got what it takes!! Come on City!!

UPDATE: CANARIES WIN 4-0 UNDER THE MANAGEMENT OF GUNN!! After last Tuesday''s game, no body would have thought this possible, but Bryan Gunn has turned this around, and lifted the spirits of struggling City! Hopefully this out of the bag performance will bring Bryan Gunn to the attention of the Board.. He is Norwich through and through, and would not let his team down! Give him a chance! Everyone respects him and supports him, as it showed against Barnsley at home.

UPDATE: There is a possibility that a story might run in the EDP and Evening News tomorrow about this group. I would just like to outline that it was created before Saturday''s match, as a way to support my dad, and show how much I believe he is right for the job. He loves this club, and being manager would be the icing on the cake of an extraordinary career at Norwich City, and would fulfill many of the ambitions and dreams which he has always kept close to him. I never expected to get so many hits, so I would like to sincerely thank everyone for their support. Whatever way it goes, It''s nice to know how much he is respected among the fans, and wish the team all the best for the future :)

UPDATE: BRYAN GUNN IS THE NEW MANAGER OF NORWICH CITY FOOTBALL CLUB :)

I think she started it because she just loves her Dad.  The Norwich City press office didn''t know anything about it until they were alerted by the press.

They were probably too busy monitoring their own site (and this one).  The thought of the media department suggesting a Facebook group that didn''t have Norwich in the title is simply too much to take.....................[:|]

A darkened room beckons!

[quote user="Camuldonum"][quote user="McCanary"][quote user="Potless Percy "]

[/quote]

[/quote]

As we all know, Bryan is an absolute hero, is loved by all the fans and is a true Norwich city great, we think that he is the man for the job- Canaries through and through GUNN IN

UPDATE: Bryan Gunn given the caretaker''s role against City''s clash with Barnsley this Saturday! This is his chance to prove to the skeptical fans that he has got what it takes!! Come on City!!

UPDATE: CANARIES WIN 4-0 UNDER THE MANAGEMENT OF GUNN!! After last Tuesday''s game, no body would have thought this possible, but Bryan Gunn has turned this around, and lifted the spirits of struggling City! Hopefully this out of the bag performance will bring Bryan Gunn to the attention of the Board.. He is Norwich through and through, and would not let his team down! Give him a chance! Everyone respects him and supports him, as it showed against Barnsley at home.

UPDATE: There is a possibility that a story might run in the EDP and Evening News tomorrow about this group. I would just like to outline that it was created before Saturday''s match, as a way to support my dad, and show how much I believe he is right for the job. He loves this club, and being manager would be the icing on the cake of an extraordinary career at Norwich City, and would fulfill many of the ambitions and dreams which he has always kept close to him. I never expected to get so many hits, so I would like to sincerely thank everyone for their support. Whatever way it goes, It''s nice to know how much he is respected among the fans, and wish the team all the best for the future :)

UPDATE: BRYAN GUNN IS THE NEW MANAGER OF NORWICH CITY FOOTBALL CLUB :)

I think she started it because she just loves her Dad.  The Norwich City press office didn''t know anything about it until they were alerted by the press.

They were probably too busy monitoring their own site (and this one).  The thought of the media department suggesting a Facebook group that didn''t have Norwich in the title is simply too much to take.....................[:|]

A darkened room beckons!

[/quote]

Are you paying attention Percy? 

"Gunny has always struck me as such a dignified man.

Allowing his daughter to get involved in that embarrassing Facebook stunt seems so out of character. It''s tarnished his image afaic, which is a shame."

The only shameful and undigified part of this is Percy tarnishing the manager and his daughter with her own little stunt.

As many posters have observed ( I''m sure ), I am one of the largest critics of Potless Percy. However, I think she has gone through enough on this particular thread from me and others. I realise that she is a victim of her own undoing but I honestly believe she can''t help herself. Her dislike, distaste, hatred of the Norwich board, call it what you will, is so entrenched that she finds it almost impossible to remark on any aspect of the club without applying criticism to them or suggesting a conspiracy on their part, even when the board clearly has nothing do do with a given situation as is the case here. I personally think it''s time for her to take a sabbatical but I know it''s time for me to give her a rest, so I will.   

since half the population are on face book , i thought it was a nice gesture, his daughter wants the best for her dad , and shes supporting him , good on her.

Wow. I can''t believe this is an actual discussion, and I am very much saddened to read what you had to say. How can you make a judgement about my dad and call him undignified because of somthing I did? I would like to clarify to everyone, that a) my dad had no idea about the facebook group 2) when started it was a bit of banter between friends, and I couldnt believe how quickly it grew and 3) the facebook group had nothing to do with my dad getting the job, because that is ridiculous even I will admitt.   He got the job because of his great attributes and not because of a silly group on facebook. So no, my dad is not undignified, and I am sorry if you found the ''facebook stunt'' embarrassing.. but I did not mean for so many people to see it, that is the think with the internet, once you put somthing out there then it is the property of the world.. and when the media got hold of what was happening and wanted to make a story out of it, I was actually worried because I thought it would have a damaging effect, but as I was told by the journalist at the Evening News, the story is going to run whether you consent to it or not, as facebook is public domain, so there was nothing I could do, it just happened and that''s it, not a big deal, not a conspiricy, just a small thing which grew uncontrolably, and that is the truth.  I would also like to say that I am so proud of my dad and what he has achieved, and I believe Norwich will stay up this season and beat Ipswich on Sunday for sure! I love my dad and I am glad he has got the job because he is dedicated and passionate about the club, so it has fufillled a lot of his dreams, and he loves it. Once again, in no way is my dad ''undignified'' he is a man of integrity and is a massive inspiration to me, and so many others. Melissa J Gunn x 

[quote user="Melissa J Gunn"]  Wow. I can''t believe this is an actual discussion, and I am very much saddened to read what you had to say. How can you make a judgement about my dad and call him undignified because of somthing I did? I would like to clarify to everyone, that a) my dad had no idea about the facebook group 2) when started it was a bit of banter between friends, and I couldnt believe how quickly it grew and 3) the facebook group had nothing to do with my dad getting the job, because that is ridiculous even I will admitt.   He got the job because of his great attributes and not because of a silly group on facebook. So no, my dad is not undignified, and I am sorry if you found the ''facebook stunt'' embarrassing.. but I did not mean for so many people to see it, that is the think with the internet, once you put somthing out there then it is the property of the world.. and when the media got hold of what was happening and wanted to make a story out of it, I was actually worried because I thought it would have a damaging effect, but as I was told by the journalist at the Evening News, the story is going to run whether you consent to it or not, as facebook is public domain, so there was nothing I could do, it just happened and that''s it, not a big deal, not a conspiricy, just a small thing which grew uncontrolably, and that is the truth.  I would also like to say that I am so proud of my dad and what he has achieved, and I believe Norwich will stay up this season and beat Ipswich on Sunday for sure! I love my dad and I am glad he has got the job because he is dedicated and passionate about the club, so it has fufillled a lot of his dreams, and he loves it. Once again, in no way is my dad ''undignified'' he is a man of integrity and is a massive inspiration to me, and so many others. Melissa J Gunn x [/quote]Melissa, if this is actually you, I hope you realise that nobody on this board with the exception of one or two idiots bought into this conspricy theory. As you can see the orginal poster was roundly criticized. Most of us realise your dad is a good man who wants the best for a club he cares about deeply and wish him all the best.

[quote user="Melissa J Gunn"]  Wow. I can''t believe this is an actual discussion, and I am very much saddened to read what you had to say. How can you make a judgement about my dad and call him undignified because of somthing I did? I would like to clarify to everyone, that a) my dad had no idea about the facebook group 2) when started it was a bit of banter between friends, and I couldnt believe how quickly it grew and 3) the facebook group had nothing to do with my dad getting the job, because that is ridiculous even I will admitt.
  He got the job because of his great attributes and not because of a silly group on facebook. So no, my dad is not undignified, and I am sorry if you found the ''facebook stunt'' embarrassing.. but I did not mean for so many people to see it, that is the think with the internet, once you put somthing out there then it is the property of the world.. and when the media got hold of what was happening and wanted to make a story out of it, I was actually worried because I thought it would have a damaging effect, but as I was told by the journalist at the Evening News, the story is going to run whether you consent to it or not, as facebook is public domain, so there was nothing I could do, it just happened and that''s it, not a big deal, not a conspiricy, just a small thing which grew uncontrolably, and that is the truth.
  I would also like to say that I am so proud of my dad and what he has achieved, and I believe Norwich will stay up this season and beat Ipswich on Sunday for sure! I love my dad and I am glad he has got the job because he is dedicated and passionate about the club, so it has fufillled a lot of his dreams, and he loves it. Once again, in no way is my dad ''undignified'' he is a man of integrity and is a massive inspiration to me, and so many others.

Melissa J Gunn x

[/quote]

Melissa,

We have an element on here that will have a conspiracy centered around any descision made by the club, its just the way they are.

Years of poor decisions made by the board has seen people become bitter and untrusting of any statement made by the club.

As for your Dad getting and keeping the job, at first I wasn''t sure, now I am, It was a brave descision by your dad, your family and the board, one that I now believe has paid off.

We all love your Dad and he has brought back the togetherness, and passion that has been missing from this club for years, and long may it continue.

As for you Melissa, if my children support and love me half as much as you do your father, then I will be a proud and very happy man.

Good luck to your Dad for Sunday, I am sure we can do it. OTBC

Melissa,

However this season eventually turns out you can be very proud of your Dad for stepping up to the plate in one of the most dismal moments in the club''s history. Your Dad has renewed the heart and soul of our club with his passion and commitment to Norwich City.Best wishes to both you and your Dad for the future.

Yellow Hammer

[quote user="Melissa J Gunn"]  Wow. I can''t believe this is an actual discussion, and I am very much saddened to read what you had to say. How can you make a judgement about my dad and call him undignified because of somthing I did? I would like to clarify to everyone, that a) my dad had no idea about the facebook group 2) when started it was a bit of banter between friends, and I couldnt believe how quickly it grew and 3) the facebook group had nothing to do with my dad getting the job, because that is ridiculous even I will admitt.
  He got the job because of his great attributes and not because of a silly group on facebook. So no, my dad is not undignified, and I am sorry if you found the ''facebook stunt'' embarrassing.. but I did not mean for so many people to see it, that is the think with the internet, once you put somthing out there then it is the property of the world.. and when the media got hold of what was happening and wanted to make a story out of it, I was actually worried because I thought it would have a damaging effect, but as I was told by the journalist at the Evening News, the story is going to run whether you consent to it or not, as facebook is public domain, so there was nothing I could do, it just happened and that''s it, not a big deal, not a conspiricy, just a small thing which grew uncontrolably, and that is the truth.
  I would also like to say that I am so proud of my dad and what he has achieved, and I believe Norwich will stay up this season and beat Ipswich on Sunday for sure! I love my dad and I am glad he has got the job because he is dedicated and passionate about the club, so it has fufillled a lot of his dreams, and he loves it. Once again, in no way is my dad ''undignified'' he is a man of integrity and is a massive inspiration to me, and so many others.

Melissa J Gunn x

[/quote]

Well said Melissa, ignore the dullards on here who never go to a game and would see the conspiracy in a cup of tea. Regardless of what he ultimately achieves this season he can hold his head high. He''s inherited a basket case of a squad and recruited better than we had, and a couple of dodgy performances aside (Blackpool and Sheff Wed) we''re playing with more passion, and he''s given us a chance of staying up.

Have a quiet word about bringing on Cody Mc a bit earlier will you ;)

Melissa J Gunn x

[/quote]

Great post Melissa - he must be very proud of you too. 

We all love yr dad too

[quote user="The Butler"][quote user="Potless Percy "]

[/quote]

You will get banned for even mentioning it. Ask Wiz!

Talk about a fix ,coverage in newspapers etc. Best PR a prospective manager could have got.

Didn''t matter as it was laready his anyway.

[/quote]

Too bloody right Butler!

My plolite attack on HER, was soon removed by the mods, as no doubt this will be!..................mustn''t attack or critise the club and its dependents must we?[:|]

Melissa J Gunn x

[/quote]

i think its her.... Fair play if it is!

If you''re reading this Melissa than i''d just like to say that i think Gunnys done a good job... he had to take over in difficult circumstances after the last manager (or should that be Prat roeder!)  Left us with a  demoralised squad and a team that could barely play for each other and get results.

Ok so we might yet still get relegated, i wouldn''t blame Gunny for that for 2 reasons.

1. he has been thrown in at the deep end and expected to swim, a club with no money spiralling downwards rapidly isn''t going to be an easy job by any stretch.

and

2. the board should never have allowed the club to get into this position in the first place, this is no way a Sleight at your dad, its pointing the finger of blame firmly at the board of directors.. the people who deserve the blame! they should of stopped the rot by sacking Nigel Worthington 12 months earlier than they did.. but thats a discussion thats been done enough on here in the past.

Bryan gunn has always been as passionate about Norwich City as any supporter in the stands... he''s given nigh on a 1/4 of a century to this football club.. some of the people questioning his appointment probably never even saw him play a game for us and jumped on the City bandwagon around may 2002...

for others it has been seen as the cheap way out by the board, again not a sleight on Gunny, they wanted a manager with some experiance and decent knowledge of what it takes to keep a team up, not the risk that the board took at that time.

the players bought in on loan have helped to push the club slowly out of the mire, yes we aint out of the woods yet.. and by 5pm today could be back in the bottom 3, but the fact we have managed to dig ourselves out it is a lot better than we were under roeder when i thought we might as well give up and accept our fate.

as to whether Bryan''s going to get the job long term is one for the summer.. we could do a hell of a lot worse, he''s learning his trade quickly and, relegation or not, id like to see him given a go... but ONLY if the board are prepared to back him financially..

what i woudlnt want to see is Gunny given the job and the board to say "thatss your lot" as they sit on their hands and allow the squad to  not be competitive, if the same situation occurs as has happened in the past 4 seasons sine relegation from the Premiership then it really will be sad to see Gunny go the same way as many others have done.

and you are Right Melissa, Gunny has been an inspiration to many...

as a kid in the 90''s i saw the club at its best, Europe, the premier League, FA cup semis etc etc. Gunny was one of the main reasons we got there in the first place. Having been following City for the last 20 years i''ve seen my fair share of goalkeepers play at Carrow road over that time, both for Norwich and against norwich...

Being a goalkeeper myself you look at the best ones for tips, influence etc.. best 2 goalkeepers i have ever seen at Carrow Road are Peter Schmeichel and Bryan Gunn, I said on here a year ago that at his peak i ddon think there was a better keeper in this country than your old man... what a player and what a hero, for me an thousands of others!

thos ethat are quick to jump and criticise just need to look at the previous encumbant of the job and ask themselves, "were we better off under roeder?" the answer, is clearly no....

Gunnys got us playing the Norwich way again, passing football, playing as a team and giving it their all.. something we have missed since Mike Walker.

jas :)

Melissa,

Whatever the outcome of the season your Dad will always be admired and loved by us all, he stands for everything thats good about our club and you''re right to feel so proud of him.

CA

Melissa J Gunn x

[/quote]

" Melissa J Gunn ".......For me it''s a close call as to whether or not you are genuine. If you''re not you''ve made a great attempt to hide it with your spelling and punctuation but I''m suspicious because it''s been a long while since the thread first started.

OK then, I''ll give you the benefit of the doubt. Perhaps the first lesson to be learned is that as the daughter of a well known figure if you like a low profile life don''t advertise yourself on the internet.

Secondly I didn''t think your Dad''s appointment was a good move, but, in the circumstances I think he''s done as well as anyone could have done given the mess the Club is in right now. If he keeps NCFC in the Championship this season no one will be complaining, believe me. 

Thirdly I''m sure you are immensely proud of your Dad. He''s been a wonderful ambassador for NCFC for over 20 years and whatever happens this season us fans will always remember that.

Oh, and fourthly, if you are really his daughter you''ll have some explaining to do as to why you''re still up at 4.30 in the morning !!

[quote user="......and Smith must score."]Oh, and fourthly, if you are really his daughter you''ll have some explaining to do as to why you''re still up at 4.30 in the morning !![/quote]The only person I know who regularly posts at that ungodly hour is BlyBlyBabes. Wouldn''t be him would it? Nah!

No, it''s really Melissa Gunn at 4.34am digging up a thread from January. Yeah right! [:S]

[quote user="lappinitup"]

[quote user="......and Smith must score."]Oh, and fourthly, if you are really his daughter you''ll have some explaining to do as to why you''re still up at 4.30 in the morning !![/quote]The only person I know who regularly posts at that ungodly hour is BlyBlyBabes. Wouldn''t be him would it? Nah!

No, it''s really Melissa Gunn at 4.34am digging up a thread from January. Yeah right! [:S]

[/quote]I am often seen to post then, but thats because I''m out of the country, as is Bly and a few others. Theres sort of a night shift sometimes.

I think it''s a conspiracy to get Melissa to post on here, to squash the first rumour about a conspiracy... just in case we go down.                              

[quote user="Melissa J Gunn"]Because i am very nervous for the match and have been all week and now it is getting so closeee...

[/quote]

Oh bog off, if you''re HER I''m Quasimodo!

Jeez![:S]

[quote user="Nuff Said"]Watch out for those bells Wiz!
[/quote]

That''s ok he always has the hump[:D]

She must have stayed up reading Harry Potter as that''s the biggest load of Hogswort I have read on here. Own up BBB you are on here in drag again.

Okay, lets play a game Mellis, we assume and accept you are who you claim to be, so pass this on to dad:

Daddy and his nightmare team were charged with keeping us up.........it appears they''ve failed!

Now tell him to quit...........and get a real job.[:|]