Sign in to follow this  
Mister Chops

Bryan Gunn, Costa del Colney and the spineless way out

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]

Don''t beat about the bush, Mr Chops, tell us what you think!

I''m with you until about 1/3 of the way down.  Why should everything be ''costa del Norwich'' under Gunn/Crook?  Is it not remotely worth giving them a go before being quite as pessimistic as you are being?   It is extremely short-sighted of you to belittle what Deehan and Crook have done since having been here before - do you even know?  Deehan has fantastic links in the game - it is not as if he has been out of it - and Crook is meant to be very highly thought of, most people were clamouring for him to come back and yet you are dismissive of it.

IMO we could have easily taken someone like Ince (or anyone else) on, but I''m far from convinced they would have been any more likely to succeed than Gunn is.  Promoting from within is not a bad idea and often works - it brings a stability to things and it is no surprise that the era that gave us a line of Bond-Brown-Stringer-Walker, doing pretty much that, was the best in our history.  It ended with Deehan, who was promoted from within, but at that stage things were clearly going tits-up behind the scenes and I do wonder whether anyone could have done any better. 

Perhaps Gunn could be the start of a new line of successful managers, I don''t know - but I sure as hell wouldn''t slate him and it before he has even had a chance.

[/quote]You make this statement to justify your points when it clearly justifies Mister Chops. Things have never been so Tits up behind the scenes and we have a manager that is in Delias pocket.I also fear the fans turning on these great named players from our memories, however, I am sure that Mr Gunn said he applied for the job and was not dragged kicking and screaming. I am also sure that the manager of NCFC is a well paid job with the opportunity of further gains. People talk as if Mr Gunn has offered to do the job for free!! He wanted it and he has got it and he had better damn well prove up to it or we are in a world of trouble!!!There are a lot of damn good coaches and managers around in football that never get a chance as they are not offered positions due to their non playing careers. For instance the FA do not like to let people do their Pro Licence without being well known!!! Mr Gunn wants a slice of the pie to keep his family in the life they are accustomed to and I am sure his daughters facebook was probably more about her getting more shoes than NCFC!!! Good luck to him and Crooky but if he is not up to it, yes we should hold him and our board at fault. A board that has failed many times before!!!!!!!

What makes me laugh is some of you banging on about gunny being a yes man, or in delias  back pocket, well tell me a manager ANYWHERE that isnt a yes man to there boss the chairman ?I think some of you need to go get jobs and see what its like working for someone.

[quote user="the1englishman"]What makes me laugh is some of you banging on about gunny being a yes man, or in delias  back pocket, well tell me a manager ANYWHERE that isnt a yes man to there boss the chairman ?
I think some of you need to go get jobs and see what its like working for someone.
[/quote]

If you look back at Worthingtons spell there is a strong argument that his success was partly down to virtually blackmailing the board to free up extra funds for the team (and himself.....).

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"]

[quote user="the1englishman"]What makes me laugh is some of you banging on about gunny being a yes man, or in delias  back pocket, well tell me a manager ANYWHERE that isnt a yes man to there boss the chairman ?
I think some of you need to go get jobs and see what its like working for someone.
[/quote]

If you look back at Worthingtons spell there is a strong argument that his success was partly down to virtually blackmailing the board to free up extra funds for the team (and himself.....).

[/quote]

There are worse funded teams higher placed than us, Derby, Watford, Charlton, and Palace, so I don''t think it''s all down to money.  Success in this league is more about organising a unit of players.

[quote user="the1englishman"]What makes me laugh is some of you banging on about gunny being a yes man, or in delias  back pocket, well tell me a manager ANYWHERE that isnt a yes man to there boss the chairman ?I think some of you need to go get jobs and see what its like working for someone.[/quote]By the sound of it, you to get out and get a job. There are times in a job when bosses have respect more for people that are not yes men (A person to point the errors of their ways). I am saying that he has been a close employee of theirs in a cushy job for years and will certainly not be knocking the door down demanding money. He is not in a position to given his 1st chance and the fact he does not have the contract to.I like the man but feel he is not what we need at present, the board are not very good at providing the right people for the football side. I am pessimistic as I am under the impression that under the current board we will fall far lower yet before bouncing back or falling into oblivion. I am totally of the opinion that this appointment was for their gain to sell season tickets. I will also guarantee that they believe that if we go down they will get away with it under this legends team. I am also sure I will come out of games to hear people saying "Board Out" etc... and will be told to shut up etc.. by a load of other fans. That is the way it is and we have come to believe in this saviour, holy, untouchable image crap they carry. They have very good lifestyles and make very large decisions to go with their very large egos. They are responsible and we should demand better and hold them accountable!!!

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="Mr.Carrow"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

There are worse funded teams higher placed than us, Derby, Watford, Charlton, and Palace, so I don''t think it''s all down to money.  Success in this league is more about organising a unit of players.

[/quote]

Precisely and add in Doncaster, Barnsley, Blackpool and Plymouth and we''re no where near the worse funded club in the League by quite a way!

I''d never deny we''re loaded but we''re nowhere near as bad of as what some make out!

How many of you were saying we''d never sack Roeder cause we couldn''t afford it!

Roeder had money and while he did make some good signings he canceled out these with the bad signings and his bad man management and tactics!

[quote user="Snakepit boys"][quote user="the1englishman"]What makes me laugh is some of you banging on about gunny being a yes man, or in delias  back pocket, well tell me a manager ANYWHERE that isnt a yes man to there boss the chairman ?I think some of you need to go get jobs and see what its like working for someone.[/quote]By the sound of it, you to get out and get a job. There are times in a job when bosses have respect more for people that are not yes men (A person to point the errors of their ways). I am saying that he has been a close employee of theirs in a cushy job for years and will certainly not be knocking the door down demanding money. He is not in a position to given his 1st chance and the fact he does not have the contract to.I like the man but feel he is not what we need at present, the board are not very good at providing the right people for the football side. I am pessimistic as I am under the impression that under the current board we will fall far lower yet before bouncing back or falling into oblivion. I am totally of the opinion that this appointment was for their gain to sell season tickets. I will also guarantee that they believe that if we go down they will get away with it under this legends team. I am also sure I will come out of games to hear people saying "Board Out" etc... and will be told to shut up etc.. by a load of other fans. That is the way it is and we have come to believe in this saviour, holy, untouchable image crap they carry. They have very good lifestyles and make very large decisions to go with their very large egos. They are responsible and we should demand better and hold them accountable!!!

[/quote]I stoped reading right after your first sentance.For what its worth heres my cv.started on a building site at 16, 17.5 joined the army,(90-91 gulf war vet) left in 92, 2.5 year apprentice in germany as a brick layer.Changed jobs and career in 95 joining an international company, where i went from bottom of the ladder to a regional manager.2003 started my own company, been doing that ever since.So please, dont try and tell me i need to get out and get a job.There is a fine line here, and at the end of the day, gunnys character has shown through enough to proove he has the strength of will to bring his point over.You have in my opinion a very VERY naive opinion on how buisnesses are run.The only real thing you are demanding, and the bottom line, is money, get used to the fact there is none at present.We could go on as to why there is none, and iam of the opinion, the board have let the fans down on a massive scale, bordering on the incompetent.That however should not and must not reflect on how well gunny may or may not do, iam of the opinion he and his team is what the team and the fans need.And there is not one manager that way linked that i would have choosen above gunny.Experience counts for nothing if you cannot motivate your players.And i happen to think gunny will excel in this area.He will bring a feel good factor to the players and to the fans, the rest will take care of itself.He has enough experience around him on the tactical side, and at the end of the day, he is not exactly a novice when it comes, how to play football.

Why is it a spineless appointment by the board, I''ve been asked.Here''s my view on why it''s spineless.It is being sold as "the fans'' choice." Here''s Munby''s article, for those of you who think I''m making this stuff up.  The truth is, you can''t make it up.http://new.edp24.co.uk/content/sport/story.aspx?brand=EDPOnline&category=Sport&tBrand=EDPOnline&tCategory=sport&itemid=NOED22%20Jan%202009%2010%3A20%3A43%3A507Anyone who believes this has obviously chosen to forget the hundreds of times the fans have spoken recently only to be ignored by the same people in power.Why did they ignore us when we spoke about the need to sign players such as Ashton to keep us in the Premiership?Why did it take them so long to listen when we spoke about Worthy?Why did it take them so long to listen when we spoke about Grant?... ending up in him resigning rather than being sacked?I could go on, but trust me - it''s convenient to play the listening card, but it''s not true.  What percentage of fans do you think would have said "Bryan Gunn please" before 3pm on Saturday?  So now we judge managers on one game in charge, do we?  Well Roeder was alright then... Grant was wonderful.  Honestly.  You people.If you believe what Munby says, perhaps we should speak more often.  Are there any fans out there who agree we need a new striker or two?  Tell the board.  They are listening.  What''s that?  It won''t happen?  Correct.  Damn right it won''t.Munby''s pulling a fast one on behalf of this apology for a board of directors.  I''ve worked for him for two years and know first-hand he''s a master of spin.  Charming, calculating, ruthless.The board have their own agenda.  It involves being skint, largely, and being cheap.  And lacking ambition. And direction.  It smacks of desperation, given a friendly family "we''re listening" spin.That''s why it''s a spineless appointment - they can''t even be straight with us about the reasons for hiring Gunn.

[quote user="Mister Chops"]Why is it a spineless appointment by the board, I''ve been asked.Here''s my view on why it''s spineless.It is being sold as "the fans'' choice." Here''s Munby''s article, for those of you who think I''m making this stuff up.  The truth is, you can''t make it up.http://new.edp24.co.uk/content/sport/story.aspx?brand=EDPOnline&category=Sport&tBrand=EDPOnline&tCategory=sport&itemid=NOED22%20Jan%202009%2010%3A20%3A43%3A507Anyone who believes this has obviously chosen to forget the hundreds of times the fans have spoken recently only to be ignored by the same people in power.Why did they ignore us when we spoke about the need to sign players such as Ashton to keep us in the Premiership?Why did it take them so long to listen when we spoke about Worthy?Why did it take them so long to listen when we spoke about Grant?... ending up in him resigning rather than being sacked?I could go on, but trust me - it''s convenient to play the listening card, but it''s not true.  What percentage of fans do you think would have said "Bryan Gunn please" before 3pm on Saturday?  So now we judge managers on one game in charge, do we?  Well Roeder was alright then... Grant was wonderful.  Honestly.  You people.If you believe what Munby says, perhaps we should speak more often.  Are there any fans out there who agree we need a new striker or two?  Tell the board.  They are listening.  What''s that?  It won''t happen?  Correct.  Damn right it won''t.Munby''s pulling a fast one on behalf of this apology for a board of directors.  I''ve worked for him for two years and know first-hand he''s a master of spin.  Charming, calculating, ruthless.The board have their own agenda.  It involves being skint, largely, and being cheap.  And lacking ambition. And direction.  It smacks of desperation, given a friendly family "we''re listening" spin.That''s why it''s a spineless appointment - they can''t even be straight with us about the reasons for hiring Gunn.[/quote]Absolutely spot on Mister Chops!I am sick to the back teeth of them, the sooner they go the better.

[quote user="Mister Chops"]Why is it a spineless appointment by the board, I''ve been asked.Here''s my view on why it''s spineless.It is being sold as "the fans'' choice." Here''s Munby''s article, for those of you who think I''m making this stuff up.  The truth is, you can''t make it up.http://new.edp24.co.uk/content/sport/story.aspx?brand=EDPOnline&category=Sport&tBrand=EDPOnline&tCategory=sport&itemid=NOED22%20Jan%202009%2010%3A20%3A43%3A507Anyone who believes this has obviously chosen to forget the hundreds of times the fans have spoken recently only to be ignored by the same people in power.Why did they ignore us when we spoke about the need to sign players such as Ashton to keep us in the Premiership?Why did it take them so long to listen when we spoke about Worthy?Why did it take them so long to listen when we spoke about Grant?... ending up in him resigning rather than being sacked?I could go on, but trust me - it''s convenient to play the listening card, but it''s not true.  What percentage of fans do you think would have said "Bryan Gunn please" before 3pm on Saturday?  So now we judge managers on one game in charge, do we?  Well Roeder was alright then... Grant was wonderful.  Honestly.  You people.If you believe what Munby says, perhaps we should speak more often.  Are there any fans out there who agree we need a new striker or two?  Tell the board.  They are listening.  What''s that?  It won''t happen?  Correct.  Damn right it won''t.Munby''s pulling a fast one on behalf of this apology for a board of directors.  I''ve worked for him for two years and know first-hand he''s a master of spin.  Charming, calculating, ruthless.The board have their own agenda.  It involves being skint, largely, and being cheap.  And lacking ambition. And direction.  It smacks of desperation, given a friendly family "we''re listening" spin.That''s why it''s a spineless appointment - they can''t even be straight with us about the reasons for hiring Gunn.[/quote]I have just read the article - have you? I suspect that you didn''t get beyond the headline. If you did, you are obviously blinded by prejudice.He doesn''t simply say it was the fan''s choice in the way that you are trying to portray - he speaks of a number of other factors including the player''s reaction. Are you really trying to suggest to us that the board thought - "well we could get MR X, Y, Z but they would cost us a few quid more? We''d be better off accepting relegation and keeping the fans happy with Gunny in command."Hardly the "calculating" man that you suggest he is! Perhaps the only revealing thing that you say is that you used to work for him. This could explain your blind prejudice.

There are fans who don''t welcome Gunny as a manager, and I have tiny doubts, but that''s no different to any manager that comes in, however I am prepared to give him a his team a chance, a chance that any manager would get.

It''s all about opinions, we could all come up with numerous reasons to have him as manager and numerous reasons to not have wanted him as manager.

The simple fact is, he is manager.

[quote user="Badger"]I have just read the article - have you? I suspect that you didn''t get beyond the headline. If you did, you are obviously blinded by prejudice.[/quote]"The people have spoken - and according to Canaries chairman Roger Munby, the club listened.It

was fan power which was behind the exit of Glenn Roeder as

communications between the terraces and the dug-out broke down - and it

was fan power which helped City''s directors decide that Bryan Gunn

would be the ideal replacement. As Gunn stood on the touchline on

Saturday, the roars of the Carrow Road crowd were swinging the votes

firmly in his favour."

Heigh ho.And I have no axe to grind with Munby on a professional level.  Merely one to grind with him on his ham-fisted tenure as chairman.

Who did you want??? Give them a chance, Whoever the board employ there''s a group of season ticket dodgers who buy the pink''un once a week and suddley think they opinions matter. at least give the dream team a run, rome was''nt built in a day nor was Man U.

Utterly understand your feelings Mr Chops but I think it''s quite simple.  In lieu of money - hope, belief and good-will has to see us through.  Sadly, I think it''s down to money.  The only option as fans is to throw everything at it and do what we do best; SUPPORT!!otbc.

[quote user="Mister Chops"]Why is it a spineless appointment by the board, I''ve been asked.

Here''s my view on why it''s spineless.

It is being sold as "the fans'' choice."

Here''s Munby''s article, for those of you who think I''m making this stuff up.  The truth is, you can''t make it up.

http://new.edp24.co.uk/content/sport/story.aspx?brand=EDPOnline&category=Sport&tBrand=EDPOnline&tCategory=sport&itemid=NOED22%20Jan%202009%2010%3A20%3A43%3A507

Anyone who believes this has obviously chosen to forget the hundreds of times the fans have spoken recently only to be ignored by the same people in power.

Why did they ignore us when we spoke about the need to sign players such as Ashton to keep us in the Premiership?
Why did it take them so long to listen when we spoke about Worthy?
Why did it take them so long to listen when we spoke about Grant?... ending up in him resigning rather than being sacked?

I could go on, but trust me - it''s convenient to play the listening card, but it''s not true.  What percentage of fans do you think would have said "Bryan Gunn please" before 3pm on Saturday?  So now we judge managers on one game in charge, do we?  Well Roeder was alright then... Grant was wonderful.  Honestly.  You people.

If you believe what Munby says, perhaps we should speak more often.  Are there any fans out there who agree we need a new striker or two?  Tell the board.  They are listening.  What''s that?  It won''t happen?  Correct.  Damn right it won''t.

Munby''s pulling a fast one on behalf of this apology for a board of directors.  I''ve worked for him for two years and know first-hand he''s a master of spin.  Charming, calculating, ruthless.

The board have their own agenda.  It involves being skint, largely, and being cheap.  And lacking ambition. And direction.  It smacks of desperation, given a friendly family "we''re listening" spin.

That''s why it''s a spineless appointment - they can''t even be straight with us about the reasons for hiring Gunn.

[/quote]

You can''t have missed the rumour that this management team being in place was a condition of a new investor / owner, if that is true it renders your argument about a cop out null and void. It could be that the decision was out of their clueless hands (a good thing seeing as they usually make such a pigs ear of appointments with their due dilligence claptrap. I am glad they haven''t brought in another joker from outside who will just want to rip up trees again. I agree with you about the spin though - it is nauseating.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Badger"]I have just read the article - have you? I suspect that you didn''t get beyond the headline. If you did, you are obviously blinded by prejudice.[/quote]"The people have spoken - and according to Canaries chairman Roger Munby, the club listened.It

was fan power which was behind the exit of Glenn Roeder as

communications between the terraces and the dug-out broke down - and it

was fan power which helped City''s directors decide that Bryan Gunn

would be the ideal replacement. As Gunn stood on the touchline on

Saturday, the roars of the Carrow Road crowd were swinging the votes

firmly in his favour."

Heigh ho.And I have no axe to grind with Munby on a professional level.  Merely one to grind with him on his ham-fisted tenure as chairman.[/quote]Yes Mr Chops - but what you quote is what the EDP says not the Chairman! You are either very naive (which I doubt) or disingenuous. If there was any real strength behind your case you would not feel the need to misquote others.

I don''t applaud the appointment of Brian Gunn, and concur with the reasons Mr Chopster posted, and will wait and see how we perform against Southampton and Donny Rovers.These 2 results could be pivotal for NCFC to remain a Championship Football Club come May 3rd. The Saints are in dire trouble, and if we can''t snatch a result - then we''ll be kissing closer to the bottom 3....Donny Rovers will give us a game, and I don''t see a convincing victory or narrow win for us - but hopefully a point.....I think we require 6 points and nothing else will do. (I see 4 points at the most).  

I don''t understand why they gave Gunny the management tenure just till the end of the season?....

I believe that Gunn and Co''s appointment, is purely a marketing spin driven thing - and a flaky and flaccid attempt by the board, to ''encourage'' renewal of season tickets. I personally think that it''s an act of desperation - and I also cannot see any major ''big signings'' before the transfer window closes. I believe the board are hoping, that those ''Three Bleeders'' of Yellow and Whipped Cream'' - will have those who stayed away against Charlton, reconsidering their decisions, because, "Hey! We trounced the Tykes 4-0 and it wasn''t no fluke!"

It is my opinion and possibly fact - that Delia Smith and Micky Wynn cannot afford to continue to bankroll the club, I also believe, that they don''t want to release the reins of the Carra Carriage and are determined to cling on regardless. But, poor season ticket sales and having to rely on ''Moore money'' to deal in the football market, really isn''t the best way forward.....

They''re clinging on to possible good fortune, and wishing and hoping for a successful football February......when those envelopes fall on the doormat....

Healthy crowd on Tuesday? You Betcha!.....I''ll be there - demanding another 4-0 trouncing victory![:|]

Go away Roeder ( you must be him, negative attitude, negative comments, arrogant). Don''t hide Mr Roeder .

I''ve been waiting eagerly for your input Mr. C but unfortunately I''ve found myself disappointed. It''s not that I disagree with you (on almost all your points) but it''s that you haven''t backed up your post with anything but assumptions and guess work. It''s not up to your usual standards and I think Marshmallow done a very good job (and certainly better) of pointing out a few of the flaws in your post. I for one though Adam Aiken''s article today was one of his best and on the whole I support the decision to appoint Gunn for almost none of the reason everybody else seems to support his tenure. I still don''t buy the whole sheepy: "Delia = bad" argument.

[quote user="Fellas"]I''ve been waiting eagerly for your input Mr. C but unfortunately I''ve found myself disappointed. It''s not that I disagree with you (on almost all your points) but it''s that you haven''t backed up your post with anything but assumptions and guess work.[/quote]Hmm.  Show me a positive poster who hasn''t used assumptions and guess work?

[quote user="Belinda Honeychild"][quote user="Fellas"]I''ve been waiting eagerly for your input Mr. C but unfortunately I''ve found myself disappointed. It''s not that I disagree with you (on almost all your points) but it''s that you haven''t backed up your post with anything but assumptions and guess work.
[/quote]

Hmm.  Show me a positive poster who hasn''t used assumptions and guess work?

[/quote]

I think that''s the real point, whether you''re positive or negative. I don''t think that anyone would disagree with the criticism of the board. Regardless of the thinking (or lack of it) behind the scenes the whole thing looks like the cheap option spun by PR to look like something more noble. As I''ve posted elsewhere, the irony is that they might just have got it right by getting it wrong. The combination of Gunny, Chippy, Dixie and ( possibly Butterworth) may just be the magic formula, or it could be the recipe for disaster. The fact is that, just as if Ince or Boothroyd had been appointed no-one knows how its going to work out. There has, inevitably, been feverish speculation on here but, regardless of viewpoint its ALL assumptions and guesswork.

Only time will tell. I no longer have any confidence whatsoever in the board (in as much as I had any before), but I am happy to back Gunny and the boys, and hope and believe that nearly everyone will do the same. I''m also starting to believe that something is going on behind the scenes with Delia''s continued extremely low profile.

[quote user="1st Wizard"]To appoint a manager after just one game is bloody certifiable![:S][/quote]

Compared of course to the usual practice of appointing one before their first game[:|]

[quote user="Beauseant"]

[quote user="1st Wizard"]To appoint a manager after just one game is bloody certifiable![:S][/quote]

Compared of course to the usual practice of appointing one before their first game[:|]

[/quote]

You knew what I meant![:|]

[quote user="Beauseant"]

[quote user="Belinda Honeychild"][quote user="Fellas"]I''ve been waiting eagerly for your input Mr. C but unfortunately I''ve found myself disappointed. It''s not that I disagree with you (on almost all your points) but it''s that you haven''t backed up your post with anything but assumptions and guess work.[/quote]Hmm.  Show me a positive poster who hasn''t used assumptions and guess work?[/quote]

I think that''s the real point, whether you''re positive or negative. I don''t think that anyone would disagree with the criticism of the board. Regardless of the thinking (or lack of it) behind the scenes the whole thing looks like the cheap option spun by PR to look like something more noble. As I''ve posted elsewhere, the irony is that they might just have got it right by getting it wrong. The combination of Gunny, Chippy, Dixie and ( possibly Butterworth) may just be the magic formula, or it could be the recipe for disaster. The fact is that, just as if Ince or Boothroyd had been appointed no-one knows how its going to work out. There has, inevitably, been feverish speculation on here but, regardless of viewpoint its ALL assumptions and guesswork.

[/quote]Well yes, I think that''s my view exactly.  If this appointment succeeds - and of course, I hope it does succeed - then kudos to the risk takers.  But I am queasy at the way it has been spun into a "fans appointment", and I am unnerved by the fact that, if you take the board''s apparent "local boys" criteria out of it, we''re no better off than we were when Peter Grant was appointed.  Unproven, untested, untried.  And Granty wasn''t in anything like the relegation scrap we are now.  Steve Gedge''s EEN column today is, I think, a fine summary of my general view.It was Samuel Johnson who said "patriotism is the last refuge of the scoundrel."  In dreaming up this "yellow and green blood" criteria, the board have surely played their last card and have nowhere left to hide.  If it goes wrong for Gunn and co, and I hope it doesn''t, then it will not be his head I will be calling for.Good luck Bryan, you will need it and I hope you can do the job well. Meanwhile, the next time the board suggest they are "prudent," add Gunn''s name alongside Grant''s - two anything but prudent gambles.

[quote user="djdalej"]Go away Roeder ( you must be him, negative attitude, negative comments, arrogant). Don''t hide Mr Roeder .[/quote]Sorry, I must have missed your tenure as message board detective.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="djdalej"]Go away Roeder ( you must be him, negative attitude, negative comments, arrogant). Don''t hide Mr Roeder .[/quote]

Sorry, I must have missed your tenure as message board detective.
[/quote]

LMFAO[Y][:D]

so obviously , the people we have here now have no ambition or have never tasted football in the top 3 in the country then ..

would you have thought that if steve bruce suddenly took over , if he had been in gunns shoes.

roeder just damaged this club right from the start

give the guy a chance , i dont rate the board either , that i agree with ,

the only reason we have a failed manager on board , is because the chairman was selling his best players , a faluire in the premiership !.

maybe  crook who is highly thought of , as gunny is by many in the game , including sir alex, we should at least give him a fair shout.

i for one believe this was the wisest move by far ,

a untested manager??? doesnt 22 years in the game count for anything at all ... , as i said he has more experience than all the canidates put together .

we shall see , i really look forward to saying i told you so ,