Sign in to follow this  
colneycanary

New Forward Cody Mcdonald??

Interesting.

Its always worth a look if someone non-league is getting a lot of goals-no guarantees of course- (Alex Rhodes, Danny Bloomfield), but, on the other hand, Leeds got Jermaine Beckford from, I think, Wealdstone Town, so there are some gems out there.

Would be geat to find a hidden gem, however that step up is huge. I remember watch Hugh Macauley play non-league, then fail to make the step up into the league, and my neighbour is someone else who scored for fun outside league football but could never make the jump. Although, we are reminded at how Geoff Horsfield made it as well as several others.

However, not to be negative, I have full faith in the new management team, and trust in the them to make the right decision....

[quote user="colneycanary"]

Dartford forward Cody Mcdonald has been training at colney.

http://www.kent-online.co.uk/kol08/article/default.asp?article_id=55765

[/quote]

Hmmm, looks like we need to get in quick before his local London clubs move in, seems the only reason he is able to be with us at the moment is because he is red carded from his last match !

http://www.holmesdale.net/page.php?id=106&tid=84705

Let''s hope he is as good as Malcolm McDonald !

And of course, a certain Ian Wright didn''t do too bad for himself either. Grenwich Borough to Palace in 1985.

Makes a change at least to be looking in this direction.

Very interesting.Do we know anything about this guy? apart from he''s prolific at non-league and he''s 22 i cant find anything else about him.Is he big/small, quick/not so quick?

Added this to another thread but its more relevant here I reckon :o)

Cody McDonald still occasionally turns out in our local Sunday League - and obviously scores goals for fun. Fortunately his team Valley Swifts are slightly higher up the Braintree & North Essex Sunday Leagues so haven''t had to play against him this season! He''s not a bad cricketer either.

This time last year he was at Witham Town, he moved to Maldon in the summer and then on to Dartford in the October. He''s a quality player at that level but whether he is good enough to step up (and whether he''ll be able to stop himself playing Sunday league stuff) is another question.

http://www.braintreeandwithamtimes.co.uk/sport/3685065.Awesome_Arms_see_off_Casuals/

Cgeorge Team: City Re-born2009-01-25 16:26:46
Delete
What, did they have yellow & green hat & scarfs then?

AlfieWenger Team: Canire island2009-01-25 15:54:29
Delete
But Your scouts was there

AlfieWenger Team: Canire island2009-01-25 15:52:50
Delete

thats allright then because he will get us in the playoffs

We love u cody we do
We love u cody we do
We love u cody we do
cody we love u

Cgeorge Team: City Re-born2009-01-25 14:04:47
Delete
How much are Dartford gonna pay us to take him.
We''ve got no money.

AlfieWenger Team: Canire island2009-01-25 13:45:55
Delete
george you might have a new player the end of the season

AlfieWenger Team: Canire island2009-01-25 13:45:04
Delete
and now norwich city

AlfieWenger Team: Canire island2009-01-24 23:31:34
Delete
Darrrrtford
Darrrrtford
Darrrrtford

Cody mcdonald scouts watching him from charlton, palice and i think QPR. thets hopw we keep him till end of season so we get into the playoffs cody much better for this league

Canary George, can I be the first to say.............. WTF?!?Anyways, always worth a punt for a trial... Lots of people are going on about getting Andy Bishop in and he was non-league only a few seasons ago, although obviously at a slightly (well, much in comparison) higher level to this lad...Another player we got in after a trial, although obviously one with greater experience - Marc Edworthy, signed 24 hours before the start of the season, came on at half time against Bradford replacing Keith Briggs and, I think, didn''t miss a game for the rest of the season.... someone like that would be splendid! [:D]

He is quite small but fast, a younger Jamie cureton perhaps. Certainly not a Target Man,

Evil Monkey wrote.......Canary George, can I be the first to say.............. WTF?!?

LOL. Sorry folks. A Dartford fan on the Norwich City mad, Football Management site, tipped us off about Cody McDonald at the weekend, but me being not very bright, or clever with computers, i copied & pasted that from our Forum, and as you can see it''s not come out right.

Les Ferdinand, Ian Wright and Jimmy Bullard came from non-league football.  Good on the club for giving him a go.  Even if I''d rather we signed a proven league player, we''re clearly broke and can''t afford it, so let''s do what we can.

[quote user="Mister Chops"]Les Ferdinand, Ian Wright and Jimmy Bullard came from non-league football.  Good on the club for giving him a go.  Even if I''d rather we signed a proven league player, we''re clearly broke and can''t afford it, so let''s do what we can.[/quote]Add to that Kevin Philips . . . .

[quote user="chicken"][quote user="Mister Chops"]Les Ferdinand, Ian Wright and Jimmy Bullard came from non-league football.  Good on the club for giving him a go.  Even if I''d rather we signed a proven league player, we''re clearly broke and can''t afford it, so let''s do what we can.
[/quote]

Add to that Kevin Philips . . . .
[/quote]

Micheal Kightly.

as a future prospect then great - why not,,,looks to have more promise than OJ...but surely he''s no more than a back-up to curo and lupes at the mo???  first priority must be a tall striker who can hold the ball up imo///

[quote user="ncfclad"]

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=OoHz_j7E0Nc

well here is his hattrick

[/quote]

See that someone commenting on the youtube clip refers to him as ''the Cristiano Ronaldo of Non-League''.  There are some good non-league players out there.  Bristol City took a punt on Ebbsfleet United''s John Akinde for £140,000 earlier this season.  Only a youngster but created the goal for Chris McPhee that won Ebbsfleet the FA Trophy last season.  Scored on his debut for Bristol City and has largely featured so far for their reserves.  All evidence coming out of Dartford (and the more classier parts of Kent) is that Cody McDonald has a shed load of talent.

[quote user="NCFC-47"]1 year on & gets an imporant winner ![/quote]talk about freaky !Lad was born to play in the yellow and green !