Sign in to follow this  
St.John Cooper

Andy Murray

He will never win any grand-slam,   he has got no stamina or balls when push comes to shove, its what is needed in a champion.  I must say I laughed when he went out today, I will not forget his sledging of the England football team.  

Ha ha ha

Its us who are laughing now Andy

OTBC

St.John

[quote user="St.John Cooper"]

He will never win any grand-slam,   he has got no stamina or balls when push comes to shove, its what is needed in a champion.  I must say I laughed when he went out today, I will not forget his sledging of the England football team.  

Ha ha ha

Its us who are laughing now Andy

OTBC

St.John

[/quote]

I''m no great fan of Murray myself. But the ignorance you''ve just displayed is absolutely breathtaking. He has plenty of time ahead of him yet, but was overhyped before he was quite ready at this event. And unless you''re one of the best four protagonists in your chosen profession on the entire planet, I suggest you be quiet, and stop embarrassing yourself.

Its not ignorance but simply an opinion.  While he has time ahead in his career I do not think he has got what it takes to win a grand slam.  He can not cope well with 5 sets, for someone who is young and meant to be strong, he often seems weak and subject to injuries.  He always compalins has not got a good tempremant. 

I can not say if I am in the top 4 in my profession as they are no formal seeds, what I do know is I am in the top percent within my profession.... over hyped I would not agree, he is number 4 in the world, that alone says he should make the semis at least?

OTBC

St.John

Its not ignorance but simply an opinion.  While he has time ahead in his career I do not think he has got what it takes to win a grand slam.  He can not cope well with 5 sets, for someone who is young and meant to be strong, he often seems weak and subject to injuries.  He always compalins has not got a good tempremant. 

I can not say if I am in the top 4 in my profession as they are no formal seeds, what I do know is I am in the top percent within my profession.... over hyped I would not agree, he is number 4 in the world, that alone says he should make the semis at least?

OTBC

St.John

[/quote]His temperament has improved vastly since Miles MacLagan became his coach, and he''s already beaten Federer and Nadal more than once, including in a Grand Slam. Sure, he doesn''t have the raw power of Nadal, or the phenomenal consistency and elegance of Federer, but he sure as hell has the balls for a scrap. Considering the amount of energy the British public wasted on Tim Henman - now there''s a man who was clearly never going to win a Slam - it''s about time we had a proper tennis player to get behind. And yeah, he slagged off the English football team - so what? Are you implying he hates English people? I''d much rather support a British sportsman who speaks his mind and courts a little controversy than a non-entity like Henman. Here''s hoping Murray learns from this and comes back stronger.

[quote user="Clipped Canary"]The sad thing is, you could almost hear the electricity and oxygen being wasted for that post.........[8-)]
[/quote]

Dont bother replying then.

As for me Coelho,  I would rather support a tennis player who was elequent than that Murray, regardless of nationality, tennis (other than the Davis Cup) is not about countries anyway.

By the way some one who slags of Norwich you would swtil openly support?

OTBC

St.John

[quote user="Clipped Canary"]The sad thing is, you could almost hear the electricity and oxygen being wasted for that post.........[8-)][/quote]

As for me Coelho,  I would rather support a tennis player who was elequent than that Murray, regardless of nationality, tennis (other than the Davis Cup) is not about countries anyway.

OTBC

St.John

[/quote]I''d have more of a problem with him if he''d openly slagged off Norwich, but the England/Scotland thing doesn''t really concern me. I don''t find Murray to be particularly lacking in eloquence in his press conferences - he put his foot in it a few times in his early days as a professional, but like anything in life, you learn through trial and error. I find him to be an extremely candid and honest bloke with a huge reservoir of natural talent - it will need to continue to be harnessed if he is truly going to challenge Federer and Nadal in the long term, but it''s good for the domestic game to know that Britain is capable of producing genuinely world-class players. With Laura Robson in a good position to develop into a major star in the women''s game, I''m optimistic for the future of British tennis, and that''s not something I''ve ever been able to say before. I have a feeling we''d be better off agreeing to differ on this one...

I think the fact he belongs to a select group of tennis players who have managed to beat both Federer & Nadal shows he has what it takes to win big tournaments.  That aside, I really dont are either way whether the smug little scotsman wins or loses.

[quote user="Coelho"][quote user="St.John Cooper"]

[quote user="Clipped Canary"]The sad thing is, you could almost hear the electricity and oxygen being wasted for that post.........[8-)]
[/quote]

OTBC

St.John

[/quote]
I''d have more of a problem with him if he''d openly slagged off Norwich, but the England/Scotland thing doesn''t really concern me. I don''t find Murray to be particularly lacking in eloquence in his press conferences - he put his foot in it a few times in his early days as a professional, but like anything in life, you learn through trial and error. I find him to be an extremely candid and honest bloke with a huge reservoir of natural talent - it will need to continue to be harnessed if he is truly going to challenge Federer and Nadal in the long term, but it''s good for the domestic game to know that Britain is capable of producing genuinely world-class players. With Laura Robson in a good position to develop into a major star in the women''s game, I''m optimistic for the future of British tennis, and that''s not something I''ve ever been able to say before. I have a feeling we''d be better off agreeing to differ on this one...
[/quote]

Fair comment Coelho, really it was just a bit of fun posting this, and while I stand by what I said, I dont really care that much either way. Beating Southampton is far more important.  People (not you) do get very agressive very quickly however...strange

OTBC

St.John

He might do. He''s only 21. It''s a strange thing how we expect so much of tennis players and if they don''t win a Grand Slam we write them off. You wouldn''t hear anyone say that Liverpool are a rubbish football team because they haven''t won the league for more than 10 years.

I actually interviewed Andy Murray last year and he seemed like a decent bloke but he''s got this monotone slightly slurred speech that just makes him sound bored whenever he''s interviewedNorwich77.

Couldn''t disagree more. The improvement in Murray since he started is massive and he has proved he can beat anyone.

The fact he reached the final of the US Open shows he has what it takes. I am 100% sure Murray will win a Grand Slam sooner or later and probably this year.

[quote user="St.John Cooper"][quote user="Coelho"][quote user="St.John Cooper"]

[quote user="Clipped Canary"]The sad thing is, you could almost hear the electricity and oxygen being wasted for that post.........[8-)][/quote]

OTBC

St.John

[/quote]I''d have more of a problem with him if he''d openly slagged off Norwich, but the England/Scotland thing doesn''t really concern me. I don''t find Murray to be particularly lacking in eloquence in his press conferences - he put his foot in it a few times in his early days as a professional, but like anything in life, you learn through trial and error. I find him to be an extremely candid and honest bloke with a huge reservoir of natural talent - it will need to continue to be harnessed if he is truly going to challenge Federer and Nadal in the long term, but it''s good for the domestic game to know that Britain is capable of producing genuinely world-class players. With Laura Robson in a good position to develop into a major star in the women''s game, I''m optimistic for the future of British tennis, and that''s not something I''ve ever been able to say before. I have a feeling we''d be better off agreeing to differ on this one...[/quote]

Fair comment Coelho, really it was just a bit of fun posting this, and while I stand by what I said, I dont really care that much either way. Beating Southampton is far more important.  People (not you) do get very agressive very quickly however...strange

OTBC

St.John

[/quote]Amen to that, here''s to three points tomorrow night! [:)]

[quote user="Grim Roeder"]I wonder if his other 336 posts have anything to do with City?[/quote]

Have a look and see?

[/quote]

Thanks, I should have thought of that before thinking out loud, as you should have thought about content before posting a scottish tennis player on NCFC forum. I don''t have a problem with Murray, its good to see him get stuck in, but this is a forum for NCFC. You wanna talk about tuesday''s match which could be one of the most important in some time?

He has improved in the last few years, form and temperament wise I''ll give you that. But he had no other choice if he wanted the English following. As he got bigger and bigger he figured that he wouldn''t get anywhere without our support, and realised that becaus the game after he made the comment about ''wearing a Trinidad and Tobago shirt tommorow... '', he got some boo''s on centre court.And the little sod said that after England were knocked that ''It was a sad day for the whole country'' pretending to be all sincere about England. TBH, I couldn''t give a toss is he won or lost!

[quote user="barclayboy1902"]i too remember the england comments he made,and he lost my support right there[/quote]

Ha! Yeah, cos we''re always really complimentary about the Scottish, aren''t we?

Read the posts about "The Jocks" coming down from their second rate league to play for our "Jock" manager, and Fleck being a "Jock" he was always drunk etc etc.

Christ. Talk about superiority complex.

So will he prove me wrong and actaully win a grand slam today...I doubt it....still think he acts like a spolit teenager without the coolness of Federer or intensity of Nadal

[quote user="barclayboy1902"]i too remember the england comments he made,and he lost my support right there[/quote]Sorry to bump a non-ncfc thread, but I cant believe how many people still believe the above (Yes I know its an old thread)Henman and Murray were in an interview. Henman gave Murray some stick for Scotland not being in the world cup. Murray said he would support anyone but England as a riposte. It was a clear, sarcastic joke. Unfortunaetly the sun picked up on it, reported it as fact, and several years on some people still buy it....   Put down the tabloids, and think for yourselves. Rant over [:)]

Murray really was outplayed today, must be quite frustrating playing against him though, he''s always shouting at himself.....