Sign in to follow this  
renegade tootsie

Worthington approached - What does it mean?

1. The board sacked Roeder without a plan and are clutching at straws.2. The board have failed with their first choice and so are now chasing anyone.3. They want him in for a few weeks to be caretaker while they go through their now infamously ch*t selection process with "mad dog" Stringer.4. Worthington was their first choice which egs the question what have they been doing for the past 24 hours to ahve only made an approach this afternoon?

I think the Board have a list of several candidates, including Nigel and have probably approached them all in one way or another, the Irish FA simply made this approach public.

That to me seems the most logical way of looking at everything, some people for me are reading way too much into things.

The fact that they even approached Worthington suggests that we are wise to read into things dont you think?

[quote user="Lambo"]

I think the Board have a list of several candidates, including Nigel and have probably approached them all in one way or another, the Irish FA simply made this approach public.

That to me seems the most logical way of looking at everything, some people for me are reading way too much into things.

[/quote]

I''m beginning to think that noboby actually wants to come here. We REALLY don''t have any money, we only have half a squad, and we are in the doggy do-does at the foot of the table. In todays world - credit crunches and all that - who in their right mind would have a go at the job, knowing failure (strongly possible) would probably leave them jobless for a good few years.

[quote user="renegade tootsie"]1. The board sacked Roeder without a plan and are clutching at straws.

2. The board have failed with their first choice and so are now chasing anyone.

3. They want him in for a few weeks to be caretaker while they go through their now infamously ch*t selection process with "mad dog" Stringer.

4. Worthington was their first choice which egs the question what have they been doing for the past 24 hours to ahve only made an approach this afternoon?

[/quote]the board are clueless!!!

[quote user="renegade tootsie"]
The fact that they even approached Worthington suggests that we are wise to read into things dont you think?

[quote user="Lambo"]

[/quote][/quote]

Why exactly? Like i''ve said it seems the popular choice for our new manager is Boothroyd yet his record isn''t any better than Nigel''s if anything it''s probably worse.

I''m not saying i want Nigel back, i''d like Darren Freguson myself, but i really don''t see why Boothroyd is such a better prospect than Worthington.

Though I thought overall Worthy was a great Norwich manager it''s a sad state of affairs when we''re approaching somebody who we sacked.

I think you must look on the bright side and say they are attempting to draw up a shortlist of candidates although of course approaching an employed candidate always risks disclosure as has happened here.

Alternatively, sadly, they don''t know what to do next.  I think you must hope that isn''t right.

Could you explain using hard facts how on earth Worthingtons managerial career has been better than Boothroyd''s?  You are also TOTALLY ignoring the fact you should never appoint an ex manager, the fact Worthington was run out of town when it was realied he had lost all ideas and credibility.[quote user="Lambo"][quote user="renegade tootsie"]The fact that they even approached Worthington suggests that we are wise to read into things dont you think?

[quote user="Lambo"]

[/quote][/quote]

Why exactly? Like i''ve said it seems the popular choice for our new manager is Boothroyd yet his record isn''t any better than Nigel''s if anything it''s probably worse.

I''m not saying i want Nigel back, i''d like Darren Freguson myself, but i really don''t see why Boothroyd is such a better prospect than Worthington.

[/quote]

[quote user="Bury Yellow"]Lambo mate I do so hope you are right but why approach him anyhow?[/quote]

If i were in the board''s shoes i can understand the ideaology behind approaching him, with his overall decent record for us and him being someone who knows the club well to maybe try and bring in some stability with that knowledge. IMO his last reign ended because the board simply never backed him enough after promotion rather than his poor management and they have now perhaps realised it.

I''m not saying i agree with the Board''s decision, i''m saying i can simply understand it.

[quote user="renegade tootsie"]1. The board sacked Roeder without a plan and are clutching at straws.2. The board have failed with their first choice and so are now chasing anyone.3. They want him in for a few weeks to be caretaker while they go through their now infamously ch*t selection process with "mad dog" Stringer.4. Worthington was their first choice which egs the question what have they been doing for the past 24 hours to ahve only made an approach this afternoon?[/quote]You could say the board sacked Worthington without a plan and have been clutching at straws ever since.Pretty shabby state of affairs.

[quote user="renegade tootsie"]Could you explain using hard facts how on earth Worthingtons managerial career has been better than Boothroyd''s?  You are also TOTALLY ignoring the fact you should never appoint an ex manager, the fact Worthington was run out of town when it was realied he had lost all ideas and credibility.

[quote user="Lambo"][quote user="renegade tootsie"]

[quote user="Lambo"]

[/quote][/quote]

[/quote][/quote]

Read my post before jumping down my throat, I HAVENT SAID I WANT HIM BACK which is why i didn''t mention re-appointing managers, i''m not making a case for him to get the job.

Nigel got us promoted and very nearly kept us there, had the board shown some more ambition i beleive he would have kept us there., took us to a play-off final and kept the club stable after the 2 awful managerial appointments before him. He''s doing a solid if un-spectacular job with Ireland at the moment too.

Boothroyd had a great season to get Watford promoted but did a far worse job of keeping them there than Nigel did in his efforts to keep us up, Watford were already religated by january and made no effort to fight for their place there. And upon returning to the Championship he left Watford worse in the table then Nigel left us.