Sign in to follow this  
Mister Chops

So is it Bruce Rioch?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1116559/Norwich-ready-turn-clock-Worthington-replacement-Roeder.html"But if the Irish FA veto that move Norwich will turn to Bruce Rioch,

who was in charge between 1998 and 2000 and is available to start work

immediately after leaving Danish club Aalborg in October."

Well, they''ve been 100% right so far.God it''s a black day for journalism when you have to look at the Daily freaking Mail to get accurate news. 

Surely even are board cant be this stupid to get this clown in?

I''ll tell you what thats two former managers linked. God if were going for failed former manager why not just Hamilton or Grant

What is the matter with Rioch, exactly?  I''m far from saying he would be my choice, but neither am I sure that he would be so bad...was hardly his fault that he had no money to spend and a pretty crap squad (+ Hamilton as his Director of Football) when he was here before.

Almost past caring. Tend to think the players can do it on their own now - maybe I''ll get a nasty shock on Saturday but I don''t think so. New manager has got to feel comfortable working mainly with the existing squad. We do need to source a decent striker asap but a rushed manager making the wrong hurried decisions could cause more problems than he''s worth. Would be happy with a twosome like Crook with Malky until the end of the season: technique, passion, inspiration and knowledge of the club.

Sad thing is that there was a time when we were a stable club and had a sort of natural progression thing going on, which is usually a pretty good idea as you know for sure the new guy knows the club, players and so on - in my memory we had Bond to Brown to Stringer to Walker, and imo it is no coincidence that this went with the best period in our history. 

The worst thing about all this is that we need to be searching for decent players to get us goals and stop leaking them at the other end, but you''d think everyone is currently concentrating only on the new manager.  IMO it is important that they get the right guy, but he also needs to be appointed quickly and with ideas as to who we can get in.  My choice would be Boothroyd + Malky, but I really don''t envy them having to do this all over again.

From wiki....

In May 1998, Rioch was appointed manager of Norwich City in Division One. He resigned after less than two seasons at the helm after failing to get the Canaries anywhere near the promotion and playoff places that the club had long been hoping for. He cited a perceived lack of ambition at the club as the main reason for his decision to resign (he correctly predicted that the club''s star player Craig Bellamy would inevitably be sold), however he also acknowledged that the club''s uncertain financial position meant that the transfer funds available to him were limited.

Nothing really changed then.

It''s a fair bet then that he doesn''t want it as much as we don''t want him to.

[quote user="Mister Chops"]http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1116559/Norwich-ready-turn-clock-Worthington-replacement-Roeder.html

"But if the Irish FA veto that move Norwich will turn to Bruce Rioch, who was in charge between 1998 and 2000 and is available to start work immediately after leaving Danish club Aalborg in October."

Well, they''ve been 100% right so far.

God it''s a black day for journalism when you have to look at the Daily freaking Mail to get accurate news. 
[/quote]

Are they not only doing what we do?  regurgiate forum stories?  That one has been on here for over a day now;  along with a million others.

I''m amazed how ready you lot are to believe something that you''ve read on the Daily Mail''s website. This is newspaper talk, nothing more. Hardly gospel writ now, is it?

Calm down, people.

Bruce Rioch would be a far better option than a lot of the names being bandied around.He wasn''t great during his first spell here, but being fair, he had a pretty awful squad with only a couple of real talents like Bellamy and Eadie (who was suffering with injuries constantly), and wasn''t given much to work with at all.In actual fact, I can''t even remember Rioch being given the funds to sign anyone (can''t remember him actually buying anyone), so what did we really expect the guy to do?You could argue that the situation isn''t much different now, but I''d say that our current squad is slightly better than the one we had during Rioch''s time here, we just don''t have the influential leaders on the pitch like Roberts and Fleming.Could be a shrewd move if other options such as Bowen aren''t available.