Sign in to follow this  
Graham Humphrey

How about...

...Jim Gannon at Stockport?

He has no experience at our level, but has done a great job there, on a tight budget with good young players and likes to play football too. They won promotion from League Two last year and could challenge for the play-offs in League One this season.

We need to be realistic and someone like Gannon, who can work within a tight budget and can spot promising players at a lower level, is who we should be going for I think.

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]

He has no experience at our level, but has done a great job there, on a tight budget with good young players and likes to play football too. They won promotion from League Two last year and could challenge for the play-offs in League One this season.

We need to be realistic and someone like Gannon, who can work within a tight budget and can spot promising players at a lower level, is who we should be going for I think.

[/quote]good call...but imo we need some1 with championship experience(as we are in the brown stuff)

[quote user="Lambo"]Maybe a slightly easier option try and poach than Darren Ferguson.[/quote]would like to see him...but sadly i cant see it hapening...on a lighter note did you have a good birthday LAMBO?

[quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="Lambo"]Maybe a slightly easier option try and poach than Darren Ferguson.[/quote]would like to see him...but sadly i cant see it hapening...on a lighter note did you have a good birthday LAMBO?[/quote]

Yeah thanks dude, was pretty good, made all the better by the news of Glenn''s sacking.

[quote user="city-till-i-die"]good call...but imo we need some1 with championship experience(as we are in the brown stuff)[/quote]I see your point but longer-term, I think we would benefit from a young, ambitious manager like him who has already done well and will surely only get better with time. Guess it would be a risk but then every manager is to some extent.

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]

[/quote]

Now now Graham, I thought I had exclusive rights to the curve ball that is Jim Gannon. I think that he would be an excellent choice although I don''t see Delia going for him as he wouldn''t fit in with her nicey nicey, let''s all just turn up and clap politely, never mind if we don''t win, little family that she has spent the last 13 years nurturing.