Sign in to follow this  
The Voice of the Thorpe Area

Leadership is needed from the top

With all the rumours doing the rounds, plus tonights'' suprising news about Worthington, it is time that the board come clean with us all about what''s happening at the club. We need telling:

• Who paid for Roeder to get sacked (Carl Moore?).
  • Who will take charge on saturday.
  • What was the approach for NW for? Temporary manager? Permenant manager? Or was it just to interview?
  • Should we expect a qucik appointment (hopefully so)? Or will it take weeks, as it did with the appointment of Peter Grant?

This club is in a dire situation. We now need proper leadership from the top of the club. Sacking the Roeder was only half the battle in the board''s bid for credibility. If no leadership is found in the coming days, and no decisive (or correct) decisions with regards to management, we will go down.

The current Board would not know what "leadership" was, if it was pained in huge red letters on a large piece of wood, say 30 metres long by 10 metres wide and dangled in front of their collective faces, with Bang & Olufson speakers on each side, in glorious Dolby Surround Sound repeatedly blaring out the word "leadership" to them...An rudderless airship in a tornado would have more sense of direction than the people running our club at the moment. Leadership, direction, responsibility, all long gone.What we need the most, is also the furthest away.

They need to come out and say what they planned to achieve, we know the good points he had but we all remember the last 6 months. Come on board, speak out and reasure us that we have a full time manager coming and not just a stop gap.

Great post Old Shuck!

To sack Roeder at this point when we are 4th from bottom - however much you hate his guts/think he is the worst ever manager/think he has ruined the team - WITHOUT first having an alternative up your sleeve is the most crass, irresponsible ludicrous behaviour which is bringing our club into disrepute and making us a national laughing-stock.

We have had no leadership for some time. I believe that the Turners tried to make the club a bit more businesslike - but since they left, can anyone suggest one thing that the Board has done - let alone one successful thing? The shambles at the AGM was as much down to Munby''s hopeless chairing as to Roeder''s bad temper.

However I''m not going to slit my wrists - I''ll be there on Saturday cheering on my team whoever has picked them!

OTBC

Significantly I heard all the Radio Norfolk sports team at one time or another this afternoon, highly critical of the way the board have acted since Roeder''s sacking.

Mainly because of lack of communication but the undercurrent of views expressed is something I have never heard. Certainly not the usual sycophantic stuff.

[quote user="Bury Yellow"]Significantly I heard all the Radio Norfolk sports team at one time or another this afternoon, highly critical of the way the board have acted since Roeder''s sacking. Mainly because of lack of communication but the undercurrent of views expressed is something I have never heard. Certainly not the usual sycophantic stuff.[/quote]

He was only sacked yesterday lunchtime!

There''s been no leadership of this club for years.  Apart from the AGM''s and the occasional roadshow, the communication and direction shown by this club has been absolutely hopeless.   Nobody seems in control and I can''t believe so many people still defend them to the hilt.

The really sad thing is that in the current economic climate, we''re probably stuck with them indefinitely. [:(]

Yes CA but their complaints were based on that the only communication was the very short statement and they felt at least some idea of plans and intentions would have helped R.Norfolk in communicating with their listeners. This was refused despite requests.

As I said it was the ''attitude'' of the reporters/presenters at the station that surprised me but then I''m like everyone else, grasping any straw of comfort that this club of ours will one day act sensibly!

It was all summed up by MWJ at the AGM when he asked if anyone had any ideas what they should do. It is frankly astonishing that the name of Nigel Worthington has even been mentioned - are memories that short? It is at times like this when true leaders come to the fore and show what they are worth. Our highly paid Chief Executive does not appear to be exactly covering himself in glory at the moment. Perhaps his mind is somewhere else!