Sign in to follow this  
Delia, When Do I Start??

SSN REPORT!

[quote user="Branston Pickle"][quote user="TheFineCity"]

[quote user="Camuldonum"]PS: If Ray Kennedy says there was an approach from Norwich City there WAS an approach from Norwich City whatever Mr Doncaster says at your end.[/quote]

Thats good enough for me Cam. Sadly a lot of people are still willing to believe the lies and deceit of this board. It''s like a nice warm comforting blanket from Auntie Delia that they can''t bear to let go. I have no doubt that the club will try and spin this and pretend no approach took place, this is not only what our club does but many do. Sadly many of the ''true believers'' will lap it up!

[/quote]

I am far from willing to believe "lies and deceit" of anyone, least of all the internet. Which is my whole point.  You will not meet anyone more cynical than me when dealing with such things as the media (in its widest sense) as my wife has worked in it for years and it is full of deliberate lies and deceit.  However, mistakes and misunderstandings happen all the time. If you want the truth of something you can never take it from one source/something that has clearly used that one source for its information.  Unfortunately far too many people are willing to read any and every article written on something and take it as the truth.

However, if Cam states something he has better links than I do to these things so I''m generally happy enough to believe what he says.

[/quote]

With respect this isn''t the Sun, it''s from a national football association. How many times do you hear a national FA putting out blatantly false information especially when they have no need too?

...I was merely suggesting it may have been a mistake/misunderstanding.  Tbh, I couldn''t care less either way, as we (as in supporters)don''t want Worthy and he doesn''t want to come here anyway (and I imagine at the very most, all the club were doing was looking over every single option). 

I have thought that the new guy will be Aidy B since before Roeder was sacked, and one of my friends claims he''s had info that it''s 90% that it will be (of course he may be wrong!), but that is why I am more willing to believe that this Worthy stuff is all a rather strange red herring. 

When it flashed up on your screen, Do you want to watch Bangkok Chick-boys?, you must have pressed the button that said ''yes''. Yeah, well, as I say, it''s very confusing.  Do you want me to come up and show you the button that says no? No. Yes. I mean, yes, I want you to come up and show me the button that says no.  Oh, and I''ll show you that mirror thing.  No. [To Sophie] Look, do you want me to settle this bill? Er, no. I mean, yes! You''re right, it is confusing, isn''t it?  [Sternly] Yes.

[quote user="The Prisoner"]

When it flashed up on your screen, Do you want to watch Bangkok Chick-boys?, you must have pressed the button that said ''yes''.

Yeah, well, as I say, it''s very confusing.

Do you want me to come up and show you the button that says no?

No. Yes. I mean, yes, I want you to come up and show me the button that says no.

Oh, and I''ll show you that mirror thing.

No. [To Sophie] Look, do you want me to settle this bill?

Er, no. I mean, yes! You''re right, it is confusing, isn''t it?

[Sternly] Yes.[/quote]

Lol!  Can''t beat a bit of Partridge, especially on a crappy week like this.  [:D]

Technically I suspect they are both telling the truth but as with a lot of statements that eminate from our club these days they are very carefully crafted. As has been pointed out above Doncaster states no "formal approach" has been made. He does not, as far as I can see, deny that someone might have spoken to someone at the IFA. Indeed in his last sentence he states they have been sounding out various clubs and managers as to availability (in truth that is precisely what I would expect him to say).

What I really don''t understand though is given Delia and Worthy are mates why, if they wanted him, did they just not sound him out off the record before speaking to the IFA. They surely could have got an indication as to whether he would consider any offer without breaching any rules and all this would have been avoided.

[quote user="Jim Smith"]

What I really don''t understand though is given Delia and Worthy are mates why, if they wanted him, did they just not sound him out off the record before speaking to the IFA. They surely could have got an indication as to whether he would consider any offer without breaching any rules and all this would have been avoided.

[/quote]

Are they?  Who says so?