Sign in to follow this  
grinner

team to start season

i think the team will be something like this.green helveg fleming charlton drury holt safri brennan bentley hux sven subs gallacher mckenzie francis mackay edworthy .must be hard to take for the players who got us up .bust a gut then thanks but no thanks.such is life.otbc.

Almost Grinner, but I can''t see Holty and Safri playing together, they are both too defensive. I''d get Damo on for Safri. And what about Squiz instead of Brennan?

its going to be very interesting splended rush,this is asuming no more players are brought in.

I cam sympathise a little for some of last seasons regulars but its all about having a squad large enough to last the season and NW is going to pick the best 11 each week so if that is the same 11 as last year or only half the 11 of last year so be it. Every team member knows the score and will be giving 110% to be playing at grounds like Highbury and Old Trafford so it all bolds well to have healthy competition for places.

Would be impossible to leave out francis, and 2 defenders on the bench? probably unlikely. Mcveigh will definately be on the bench at least.
My team would be this: green, edworthy, charlton, flem, drury, helveg, holt, francis, huckerby, mckenzie and sven.

I feel the palace game is a must win, looking at the next 6 or 7 games, we aint gonna get too many points, so i would go 4-3-3 with a solid back 4, a fit hard working midfield 3, give hux a free role to destroy(as at home to palace last year) and sven and leon up front.

Would have mcveigh, malky, gallagher, bentley and brennan on the bench.

We have to beat palace.

Otbc

Totally agree the first game is a must win and a definate 6 pointer even though first game. If you consider 40 points for safety then 3 points is a big chunk of that and to be fair to Palace and West Brom we''ve got to go into those games aiming to win, both at our place and theirs. That would be 12 points on the board.

two potential lineups depending on the opposition (assuming primus and new striker are not signed):

green

edworthy
fleming
charlton
drury

helveg
holt
francis

bentley

hux
sven

----------

green

helveg
fleming
charlton
drury

bentley
holt
francis
safri
hux

sven

---------------

subs:
gallacher
safri
mackay
mulryne/brennan
mckenzie

I thought Charlton was a left back who can play centre back. Just like helveg is a right back who can play right midfield. So why is everyone pairing Charlton and Flem?

Mouse

Charlton is aleft back but ended last season playing more games in the middle than on the left - he acquitted himself well andkept Henry and The Horse quie when facing them - this alone suggests heis better there than either of last seasons stalwarts.

Given that Drury has long been felt good enough for the prem and we have excellent cover at left back with Dot Brennan I dont think anyone believes Charlton was signed toplay his ''normal'' position.

I think his debut in Malaysia was also in the middle, partnering Flem, and my feeling is that we may see a lot more of that partnership, unless we make a further defensive signing.

OTBC

I have to admit I thought Charlton was brought to the club to play as a central defender. I would have thought two from him, Malky and Flem will take the central defence places. Which is the best combo? That''s up to Nige! ;-)

Thanks ZLF. If he can play centre back then that''s fine with me, so long as he helps the team to stay up he can play anywhere.