Sign in to follow this  
Camuldonum

The facts so far as Ireland are concerned

The IFA boss Ray Kennedy was telephoned by Roger Munby who asked for permission to speak to Nigel Worthington. When asked why you wanted to speak with him, Mr Munby said Norwich had in mind asking Nigel to be the caretaker manager "until the end of the season" combining this job with leading Northern Ireland through their remaining World Cup qualifiers

Ray Kennedy said they would think about it.  He spoke to Nigel, told him about the call, and decided to refuse Norwich permission.

Nigel said this morning that the idea would not have worked.  "You would end up taking your eye off the ball - either the one Norwich are playing or the one Northern Ireland are playing.  It would not be fair to either.  I am immensely proud of managing an international team I played for many times.  I am flattered by the approach, of course, but this not the right time and I want to fully concentrate on the forthcoming World Cup games.

"Ray told me immediately there had been an approach and that permission to speak was being refused.  I am very happy with my current situation and am fully focused on my international duties.  I am fully in agreement with the decision made by the IFA..  We agreed it was the right decision to make."

Thanks a lot. That they would have "informally" approached their target, whoever he was, before dismissing GR was too much to hope for. No target really.

Having digested this, I am even more stunned than I was before.

Keeping us in this division will require 100% energy, focus and commitment.

To even think of appointing Worthy (or anyone else) part time until the end of the season . . . well, words fail me.

Thanks Cam, your so amazing Cam, we love you Cam, your the best Cam. So many people on here have got brown noses from sniffing your rear end so much!

Another astounding thing about all this is why on earth did they not find out whether Worthy was interested before getting rid of Roeder?!  I mean he still lives in Norfolk FFS and i can`t believe they`ve mislaid his number!  Ok, i know someone will respond with "tapping up" but lets face it, it happens all the time in football.  They can`t stop two people who know each other in football (let`s say, Doomy and Worthy...) having a cosy chat which may include hints, nods and winks.  As it appears we were not asking him to leave his NI role i`m not sure tapping up would apply anyway.

I think i`m trying to rationalise the irrational......

[quote user="Camuldonum"]

The IFA boss Ray Kennedy was telephoned by Roger Munby who asked for permission to speak to Nigel Worthington. When asked why you wanted to speak with him, Mr Munby said Norwich had in mind asking Nigel to be the caretaker manager "until the end of the season" combining this job with leading Northern Ireland through their remaining World Cup qualifiers

Ray Kennedy said they would think about it.  He spoke to Nigel, told him about the call, and decided to refuse Norwich permission.

Nigel said this morning that the idea would not have worked.  "You would end up taking your eye off the ball - either the one Norwich are playing or the one Northern Ireland are playing.  It would not be fair to either.  I am immensely proud of managing an international team I played for many times.  I am flattered by the approach, of course, but this not the right time and I want to fully concentrate on the forthcoming World Cup games.

"Ray told me immediately there had been an approach and that permission to speak was being refused.  I am very happy with my current situation and am fully focused on my international duties.  I am fully in agreement with the decision made by the IFA..  We agreed it was the right decision to make."

[/quote]

Thankyou Cam!, I would just like you to answer me a question if you would be so kind?!

If this was happening at your club what would you make of the board of directors???

I can''t believe our Board, I really can''t.....

Just for once in their tenure they''ve taken immediate action to try to halt our slump,and, rightly, been praised for it. Then, true to form, they proceed to squander all that goodwill by trying to re-instate a manager they labelled a failure only just over two years ago. Have they forgotten what happened when they re-appointed Mike Walker ? It just doesn''t work the second time round.

By just contacting the IFA all they''ve done is make themselves a laughing stock. Grovelling around Nigel Worthington saying , " Pleeze, Nigel, pleeze ...we''re sorry but we didn''t mean to sack you ...........please come back, pleeze, pwetty pleeze.

NW must be wetting himself.....

[quote user="Gazza"][quote user="Camuldonum"]

[/quote]

Thankyou Cam!, I would just like you to answer me a question if you would be so kind?!

If this was happening at your club what would you make of the board of directors???

[/quote]

Much like people on here I would think - I think I would be shell shocked.  As another poster has pointed out you are in a current League situation where you need someone 100 per cent devoted to your club and to keeping them in the Championship, not someone who needs to take training for international games, watch potential players etc. 

It looks to me as if the decision to sack GR was taken on the spur of the moment and they don''t have the slightest idea what to do next.  Meanwhile the transfer window is slipping away for anyone who does get the job....why they approached someone in contract is beyond me.  There''s plenty of out of work managers - most of them have already been mentioned on this Board.  That way you can sound out people in secret and draw up a short list if you wish.

I would be as worried as most of you are, I think.  Leave alone rehiring the man the same people sacked for not being good enough the idea of him combining these jobs falls into what David Coleman used to call Quite Extraordinary I think.

[quote user="We Want Worthy Back"]It could be that they were making tentative enquiries as a Plan B, just in case Boothroyd doesn''t sign their offer on Monday.[/quote]

Why do you always try and believe what the clowns who are running this club say when history proves they cannot be trusted and are caught out time and time again with their mistakes????????????????????

[quote user="Camuldonum"][quote user="Gazza"][quote user="Camuldonum"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Much like people on here I would think - I think I would be shell shocked.  As another poster has pointed out you are in a current League situation where you need someone 100 per cent devoted to your club and to keeping them in the Championship, not someone who needs to take training for international games, watch potential players etc. 

It looks to me as if the decision to sack GR was taken on the spur of the moment and they don''t have the slightest idea what to do next.  Meanwhile the transfer window is slipping away for anyone who does get the job....why they approached someone in contract is beyond me.  There''s plenty of out of work managers - most of them have already been mentioned on this Board.  That way you can sound out people in secret and draw up a short list if you wish.

I would be as worried as most of you are, I think.  Leave alone rehiring the man the same people sacked for not being good enough the idea of him combining these jobs falls into what David Coleman used to call Quite Extraordinary I think.

[/quote]

Ha ha! lol! that brought back a memory or two!. Loving that David Coleman quote!

How anyone could contact Worthy to consider the job on a temp/perm basis is beyond a joke, someone they deemed incapable of doing the job only two short years ago!!. To any sane person she has turned this club into a laughing stock!

She is wasted as a cook, Comedy Gold!!!!!!!!

This is a shot in the dark.

If we were to go into administration the points deduction would virtually guarantee relegation. 

So it wouldn''t matter who takes charge or whether they''re full time or part time, it would make no difference.

Are we about to go bust?

Not saying we are, but what else can explain the board''s behaviour?  These are the actions of people whose minds are elsewhere.