Sign in to follow this  
Yellow Rider

Dream ticket hopes fading

Lets face it I think most of us would have been excited and reinvigorated had Malky and Boothroyd returned to Carrow Road. However with this apalling farce of the Worthy ''approach'' now being publicly exposed, surely the dream ticket is just that?

Clearly the club either have no intention of offering them the jobs OR one / both of them have told them where to stuff it (although I would not believe that for one second). It takes a lot to make me angry in fact I''ve often been described as ''so laid back you''re almost horizontal'' but last night and this morning I''m absolutely raging!

According to ND this morning there''s applications, shortlists and interviews to go through. We always do that.

The clutching at straws bit is that they are just pretending and that they know who manager is and will be announced Monday so he can get in new players before window closes.

They just want to surprise us.

[quote user="Yellow Rider"]

Lets face it I think most of us would have been excited and reinvigorated had Malky and Boothroyd returned to Carrow Road. However with this apalling farce of the Worthy ''approach'' now being publicly exposed, surely the dream ticket is just that?

Clearly the club either have no intention of offering them the jobs OR one / both of them have told them where to stuff it (although I would not believe that for one second). It takes a lot to make me angry in fact I''ve often been described as ''so laid back you''re almost horizontal'' but last night and this morning I''m absolutely raging!

[/quote]I am the same as you Rider, angry.

Firstly I can''t believe they even

entertained the idea of getting Worthington back.  At the end of

his time here he was unable to inspire confidence in players, playing

players out of position and generally clueless.  Have the board

forgotten that it was he who set us on the path to where we are now

and that they sacked him for it?   I can''t recall another

club bringing back a manager they sacked and having success. 

Normally it''s managers who resigned that come back not those handed

their P45!!  Having said that though, I am not surprised he is

not interested though after the way he was given "2 games to

turn it round" and sacked in what seemed like minutes after the

Burnley defeat.Secondly, and a worse thought than getting

Worthy back, is that the board are obviously keen on an

interim/caretaker manager.  Have they learnt nothing, do they no

longer have a long-term plan?  All the short-term loans on the

pitch have been touted as a problem by former players etc and now

they want short-term manager too?  I despair, I really do and I

have resigned myself to the club appointing someone "until the

end of the season".  The club will also dress such

appointment as "being sensible and prudent considering the

current economic climate in football and the economy in

general".Thirdly (and scariest of all) even I as a long

time cynic of our board of directors didn''t believe that they would

sack a manager in the middle of January without having some sort or

solid idea, if not agreement with a replacement able to takeover

asap.  I was, it appears, very wrong and we are now fumbling

around in the dark with time in the window running out and huge gaps

in our squad. 

[quote user="Saint Canary"][quote user="Yellow Rider"]

[/quote]

I am the same as you Rider, angry.

Firstly I can''t believe they even entertained the idea of getting Worthington back.  At the end of his time here he was unable to inspire confidence in players, playing players out of position and generally clueless.  Have the board forgotten that it was he who set us on the path to where we are now and that they sacked him for it?   I can''t recall another club bringing back a manager they sacked and having success.  Normally it''s managers who resigned that come back not those handed their P45!!  Having said that though, I am not surprised he is not interested though after the way he was given "2 games to turn it round" and sacked in what seemed like minutes after the Burnley defeat.

Secondly, and a worse thought than getting Worthy back, is that the board are obviously keen on an interim/caretaker manager.  Have they learnt nothing, do they no longer have a long-term plan?  All the short-term loans on the pitch have been touted as a problem by former players etc and now they want short-term manager too?  I despair, I really do and I have resigned myself to the club appointing someone "until the end of the season".  The club will also dress such appointment as "being sensible and prudent considering the current economic climate in football and the economy in general".

Thirdly (and scariest of all) even I as a long time cynic of our board of directors didn''t believe that they would sack a manager in the middle of January without having some sort or solid idea, if not agreement with a replacement able to takeover asap.  I was, it appears, very wrong and we are now fumbling around in the dark with time in the window running out and huge gaps in our squad. 

[/quote]Am angry too. We just go from one nightmare to another and your last paragraph highlights the gravity of the situation.

The only dream ticket City fan''s will get is a refund on the one they''ve already bought.

[quote user="Yellow Rider"]

[/quote]

Many on this board form their opninons about the Board as if they had hundreds of options to choose from in our current situation. It might not be the case. A tentative move for Worthy (for whom some even started a campaign on this message board less than a week ago) suggests desperation. We don''t know the whole story. As a matter of  fact, we have a threadbare squad with a defence and attack that both need strenghening immediately (without money to spend), we''re in relegation form, and have an infuriated fanbase that hates the Board more than anything. What makes us think that candidates are queueing for the job?

Neil Adams continually says that people would queue for the job.  Bearing in mind he probably is privy to knowing who applied last time, and the fact that we have the base for the premier league and 25,000 fans a week, I would say yes people are interested in the job.

[quote user="Budapest Canary"][quote user="Yellow Rider"]

[/quote]

Many on this board form their opninons about the Board as if they had hundreds of options to choose from in our current situation. It might not be the case. A tentative move for Worthy (for whom some even started a campaign on this message board less than a week ago) suggests desperation. We don''t know the whole story. As a matter of  fact, we have a threadbare squad with a defence and attack that both need strenghening immediately (without money to spend), we''re in relegation form, and have an infuriated fanbase that hates the Board more than anything. What makes us think that candidates are queueing for the job?

[/quote]