Sign in to follow this  
Jammy1902

The board need to go!!!

I dont usually post on here but i have to show how disapointed i am in the board and cant believe they are running our club.

Just when you thought the board could not get any worse they approach someone who got sacked only 2 years ago ( he isnt good enough to manage city!)

The board do not have the right approach to drive this club forward.

I get the feeling we always get second best managers and never get the number one!(post walker)

The board have taken a step back in approaching worthington.

I love this club and cant stand to watch these numpties have control of our club anymore

SACK THE BOARD!

To be fair to you jammy, I pretty much agree. I actually lauged out loud when I saw that we''d reapproached someone who we''d sacked for not being good enough a couple of years back. Things are going to get very hostile for the current owners if this doesn''t get sorted in the correct manager. If we employ some nobody for the third time of asking, they''ll be in very hot water with the fans.

[quote user="Webbo118"]How can you sack people who own the major part of the Club?[/quote]

Agreed, but we can make it uncomfortable enough for them that selling up for whatever they can get becomes the only option

For all those that keep saying SACK the board, get rid of them etc etc!

If the board go and take their money with them where does that leave us?

. I assume that all those doing the shouting are going to put up some of their own money or know someone that will!!!!

[quote user="Barclay_Boy"]

[quote user="Webbo118"]How can you sack people who own the major part of the Club?[/quote]

Agreed, but we can make it uncomfortable enough for them that selling up for whatever they can get becomes the only option

[/quote]Most people will put up with a lot of discomfort for several million pounds! If they get cheesed off enough there is nothing to stop them just stripping off all the assets to get some return on their loans and then just sitting tight till something comes along that they are happy with. Financially it might make sense to get as liquid as possible by player sales and other asset sales, reducing staffing levels (eg the academy) and then disappear for a while to escape any flak. The "sack the board/ make it as uncomfortable as possible argument" is fundamentally floored.

As always it is easy to criticise than offer a cast iron certain solution.  I challenge all those crying for the board to resign to propose the a solution that will please all the fans and guarantee success.  This means finding  replacements for the board.  People who will pay off our debts and give the club as much money the new manager wants.  Their choice of new manager will satisfy everyone, they will have unlimited funds to but players from wherever they want.  These players will sweep all before them and we will eventually rule football. And all within the next 10 days! Easy isn''t it.

Now reality.  We are a club in crisis.  So are many others.  We have no money.  Neither do most clubs.  Our gate receipts do not cover wages.  Ditto most clubs.  We survive on the generosity and business acumen of the current board and bank.  As do most clubs.  Success is never guaranteed and goes in cycles.  We need to get behind the club in this time of trouble.  The board acted to remove an increasingly unpopular and out of touch management regime.  We need to bury our differences and get behind the team tommorrow.  We have precious little influence in the choice of new manager but we can demonstrate our love of the club from the stands tomorrow.  The club need us as much as we need the club.  So, who will take up my challenge above?

[quote user="city4eva"]

. I assume that all those doing the shouting are going to put up some of their own money or know someone that will!!!!

[/quote]

If the board went and took their money I''d be very surprised if someone didn''t come forward and buy the club at a sensible price, if the board stay we are up the creek without a paddle anyway so it''s a no lose situation to drive them out imo.

[quote user="kdncfc"][quote user="city4eva"]

[/quote]

If the board went and took their money I''d be very surprised if someone didn''t come forward and buy the club at a sensible price, if the board stay we are up the creek without a paddle anyway so it''s a no lose situation to drive them out imo.

[/quote]

Its a very much lose situation. Where do you think the money is going to come from?

Firstly the shares can only be turned into cash if somebody buys them. Of much more significance is the money loaned to the club. The only way these will be repayed is by thedirectors selling off assetts. The only easily sellable assets are the players.

Sell off any players they can, take back the loans and where are we. No team and still the same directors owning the club.