Sign in to follow this  
ca

Any chance of one day without rumours, sources & false hope

Is it just me or is anyone else getting frustrated at the silly rumours which have gathered on here the past 2 days.

You know the ones that start,

My friend works at the club and told me that Aidiy Boothroys would be announced at the press conference

Roger Mumby told me that an experienced caretaker manager would be announced

A senior player told me that Aidy Boothroyd is already here and will be at the press conference

etc etc etc

For gods sake give it a rest until after Saturday and lets all concentrate on the job in hand which is to help our team gain 3 pts on Saturday.

i appriciate where you are comming from .

i really hope you are right , my mate speaks very highly of boothroyd.

but fact is norwich have approached worthington , thats unsettling news for alot of fans.

[quote user="singing canary"]

but fact is norwich have approached worthington , thats unsettling news for alot of fans.

[/quote]

Whats that got to do with having a day without silly rumours and false hope??

It happens, and no one can expect the fans to be quiet about something as crucial as the new manager, speculation in the press, rumours they have heard etc.

After all this is a message board at the end of the day, a forum for people to air their views, be they good, bad or indifferent.

Rumours and speculation do happen, especially around the TW and in such important issues regarding a new manager.

I am sure that the majority of the fans will concentrate come Saturday 3pm and get behind Gunny and the lads, one thing most of the fans can''t be accused of is not supporting the team, regardless of feelings about the club and what''s going on.

[:D]

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

It happens, and no one can expect the fans to be quiet about something as crucial as the new manager, speculation in the press, rumours they have heard etc.

After all this is a message board at the end of the day, a forum for people to air their views, be they good, bad or indifferent.

Rumours and speculation do happen, especially around the TW and in such important issues regarding a new manager.

I am sure that the majority of the fans will concentrate come Saturday 3pm and get behind Gunny and the lads, one thing most of the fans can''t be accused of is not supporting the team, regardless of feelings about the club and what''s going on.

[/quote]

Yes its a message board for people to view their opinions & views. But don''t you get frustrated at the people who promise us that they have definate information from inside which turns out to be complete bolloks??

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[/quote]

Yes its a message board for people to view their opinions & views. But don''t you get frustrated at the people who promise us that they have definate information from inside which turns out to be complete bolloks??

[/quote]

lol of course I do, but in the grand scheme of things rumours and getting wound up by them is the furthest from my mind ATM.

You have to put things in persepctive I guess, it''s important, as you yourself have stated above that we concentrate on getting points on Saturday, getting behind Gunny and the lads.

But this time of year with the TW open we always get rumours and speculation etc, so it''s really no shock.  Also looking back to when Grant left the boards were buzzing then with rumours and speculation, it''s no different now than it was then.  I think and feel things may seem worse because it''s all happened at once, the denial by the club of wanting to speak to worthy, sacking of Roedent, the transfer window and lack of activity.

Oh well, happy days [:)]

if norwich have approached nigel worthington last night i cant see how boothroyd is going to get the job.

doest make boothroyd 1st choice.

if worthington said yes , last night then you would have wrong!! sorry city angel that how i see it.

[quote user="singing canary"]

if norwich have approached nigel worthington last night i cant see how boothroyd is going to get the job.

doest make boothroyd 1st choice.

if worthington said yes , last night then you would have wrong!! sorry city angel that how i see it.

[/quote]

Read the first post in this thread again. I didn''t sat Aidy was going to get the job, I merely listed the rumours that have been appearing on the here the past day or so and said I wish they would stop!

sorry city angel , well  unfortunately thats always going to be the case , people love to gossip!!!

just so you know im being honest , my mate look it up if you want neil bilham , played under him and rates him, says hes a really decent bloke to play under.

[quote user="cityangel"]

Is it just me or is anyone else getting frustrated at the silly rumours which have gathered on here the past 2 days.

You know the ones that start,

My friend works at the club and told me that Aidiy Boothroys would be announced at the press conference

Roger Mumby told me that an experienced caretaker manager would be announced

A senior player told me that Aidy Boothroyd is already here and will be at the press conference

etc etc etc

For gods sake give it a rest until after Saturday and lets all concentrate on the job in hand which is to help our team gain 3 pts on Saturday.

[/quote]

I think it is clear today that no one knows anything. The fact the board approached Worthy suggests that they have no idea on who to approach! So all rumours are just that-rumours! Unfortuantly, with our current situation everyone seems to know someone who knows someone who works at Colney/Carrow Road or Asda! 

Over the last few games my anger has been rising dramatically. Tuesday was the worst performance from a City team in living memory in my opinion. So much so that I was in the protesters outside singing ''We want Roeder out'', because I was that angry.

I have calmed down to my normal placid state again. Saturday I am hoping for a performance from the team now they have ''got the monkey off their backs'', and I shall be supporting them 100%. It has been so obvious that the players do not want to play for Roeder, I just hope they can now go out with a smile on their faces, relax and play.

As for the speculation, well just wait and see. I love some of the more outlandish claims, but it will all unfold in time. At least by getting rid of Mr Useless we have given ourselves a chance to survive this year, as opposed to going down which I felt was inevitable.

I have the feeling now that Roeder will struggle to get a job anywhere now, as his true colours have been finally revealed.

So, CA just let it all flow over you and it will all come out in the wash !!

One of my friends trained with Web Team Pete when they were office juniors and they still keep in touch now. He''s told me on good authority that Web Team Pete is going to start blocking these rumours. I also bumped into Web Team Vince in Morrisons and, when I asked him outright, he pretty muh confirmed this. So don''t worry about it CA [;)]

I''ve asked everybody I know and I can''t find myself a source close to the club.  I need a friends aunties grandads dog type source but can''t find one anywhere. Can somebody help me find one please as I''d love to post my own rumours.[;)]

Please.[:D][:D][:D]

Try hanging round the Giant Pet Sore.

I''ve heard from the friend of a friend of my best mate that his dog told him Splat the Cat & Captain Canary can be regularly seen popping in there to stock up on Whiskas & Trill.

The Aviva Lemur waits outside in the car cos they don''t sell the kind of insects he likes to munch on

[quote user="IncH_HigH"]

I''ve asked everybody I know and I can''t find myself a source close to the club.  I need a friends aunties grandads dog type source but can''t find one anywhere. Can somebody help me find one please as I''d love to post my own rumours.[;)]

Please.[:D][:D][:D]

[/quote]

Try hanging round the Giant Pet Sore.

I''ve heard from the friend of a friend of my best mate that his dog told him Splat the Cat & Captain Canary can be regularly seen popping in there to stock up on Whiskas & Trill.

The Aviva Lemur waits outside in the car cos they don''t sell the kind of insects he likes to munch on

* Sorry, forgot to press the quote button - what an eejit *

[quote user="Marty"]maybe people should stop making stuff up, I really don''t know why they do it.[/quote]Well the woman on the fish counter at Asdas, you know, Jill, she served Carl Cort, Shola Ameoba and Chaka Khan, you know the boxer, last Thursday all in a queue, well, she tells me that her husband has it on good authority from the next door neighbours parrot that they do it in a desperate plea for attention.  I did ask if her husband knew anything about the Worthington thing, but she said that he hadn''t returned from the pet store yet, he said he had to go there to get some more crackers for the parrot.  Personally I think he''s staking out Dunston Hall.Anyway, Jill also vehemently denied that Sunday is the least likely day for rumours to start.  But then she tapped her nose twice and gave me a wink.  But she has a twitch in that eye, and she''s had a cold, so now I''m not sure what to believe.

Does anyone really take any of these rumours seriously?  

For me they are all part of following a football club,   discussing the club, opinions and arguments,  wish lists and hopes - pre season hopes get me every year,  no matter what!  Its all just a gossip really.  And just look at the hit and post rate on this forum at the moment - Archant must love it :-)  

[quote user="Chunky Norwich"]One of my friends trained with Web Team Pete when they were office juniors and they still keep in touch now. He''s told me on good authority that Web Team Pete is going to start blocking these rumours. I also bumped into Web Team Vince in Morrisons and, when I asked him outright, he pretty muh confirmed this. So don''t worry about it CA [;)][/quote]

They better bloody not,,,,,,,,, the rumours are what keep me going.

Mark .Y.