Sign in to follow this  
whoareyou?

Boothroyd

Is it possible he has a clause in his pay off from Watford that he cannot take charge of a rival relegation side this season?

I cannot see why else he has not been appointed yet!

[quote user="whoareyou"]

Is it possible he has a clause in his pay off from Watford that he cannot take charge of a rival relegation side this season?

I cannot see why else he has not been appointed yet!

[/quote]

Perhaps you could try:

1.He doesn''t want the job.

2. The club doesn''t want him.

3. It takes more than 3 days to tie up the negotiitions and formalities.

I''m sure with  a bit of imagination you can come up with some of your own!

Could be more to your suggestion than you think, consider the following possibility:

1. As part of his severance package Aidy is debarred from taking another Championship job until season end (as you hint)

2. NCFC have lined him up and it might have even got as far as a pre-contract agreement being in force

3. Hence why we SEEM (if our journalist colleague on this site is to be believed) to be looking for a caretaker manager ONLY until May

4. Might also explain why we (unless I''ve missed it) have heard zilch by way of comment from Aidy in the media despite the fact that he''s bookies favourite   

IF Boothroyd was available now with no strings then I would have thought we may have heard from him or that he would already have been installed?

or Boothroyd could of applied for the job like many others and the club are looking at all the applications as they said they were, be patient he''ll be here!

I don''t think he would sign unless the board agreed a decent transfer budget! We know he can''t do a great job without a transfer budget!

Likewise, they need to explore all avenues....