Sign in to follow this  
Pete Raven

Worthington turns down shock City return

[quote user="Mook"]

[quote user="cityangel"]Sorry but I don''t believe that a formal approach was made to Worthy to offer him the managers job.[/quote]

+1 CA.

Neither do I. I think the club are exploring all avenues, and they felt that they should have a chat with a man who has had previous success with us, and Leicester (briefly).

[/quote]

So they go through the Irish FA to do that do they? The statement was quite clear from the IFA that an approach had been made. Doncasters statement reeks of spin. Why would you go to the IFA knowing who the manager was to ''have a chat''. It''s bollox. Like I said in another thread a national FA doesnt make such mistakes and doesnt confuse ''having a chat'' with making an approach for there manager. Doncaster''s basically calling the IFA  a bunch of liars and I can''t wait until he gets pulled on it.

From the Doncaster article:

"Yes, I have called the Northern Irish FA and the conversation went absolutely on the lines of ''look, this is not an official approach in any sense. If there was to be any interest is that something that you would consider or not so that we then have the facts at our disposal to consider what to do''"

If that isn''t the most obtuse piece of BS written I don''t know what is.

and More spin and denial:

"Asked whether he had personally spoken to Worthington, he said: “I think to talk about who we''re talking to would be wrong."

It''s sad that people still believe these clowns. Doncaster would make Alistair Campbell blush.