Sign in to follow this  
Pete Raven

Worthington turns down shock City return

Considering reappointing Worthington is a retrograde step if ever there was one. Aidy Boothroyd took Watford from a similar position to where we are now to the premiership in two years. Why are we trying to appoint someone till the end of the season, if we do that we''ll have the mindset of a cricket team trying to save a game with no chance of winning -negativity.

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"]

Well i heard about this down the pub, had three pints in less than an hour and headed back planning to add something cogent and thoughtful to the reaction.........i can`t.  The only possible sense i can make of it is that they had someone lined up to replace Roeder, and that person has now done a U-turn leaving the board absolutely desperate to look as though they have a plan B.......and have managed to dig a hole for themselves of monumental proportions.

They are incompetent and MUST GO.

[/quote]

It won''t surprise you to know that the board''s response is to deny it (see SSN thread)

Usual weasel words from ND.

Camul has been on the case and is 100% sure it''s true.

The more I think about this, the less sense it makes. Why on earth would the board be prepared to pay 400k in compensation for the services of a man whom they must surely know would be an unpopular appointment when there are so many candidates freely available? Are they really that crazy?

[quote user="Potless Percy "][quote user="Mr.Carrow"]

Well i heard about this down the pub, had three pints in less than an hour and headed back planning to add something cogent and thoughtful to the reaction.........i can`t.  The only possible sense i can make of it is that they had someone lined up to replace Roeder, and that person has now done a U-turn leaving the board absolutely desperate to look as though they have a plan B.......and have managed to dig a hole for themselves of monumental proportions.

[/quote]

It won''t surprise you to know that the board''s response is to deny it (see SSN thread)

[/quote]

Ah well there`s a suprise [:|].

I suppose these people who support our board over the club itself will now add the IFA to the list of nasty people (like PC) who make up nasty stuff to discredit poor little put-upon Auntie Deals.......[:@]

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"][quote user="Potless Percy "][quote user="Mr.Carrow"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I suppose these people who support our board over the club itself will now add the IFA to the list of nasty people (like PC) who make up nasty stuff to discredit poor little put-upon Auntie Deals.......[:@]

[/quote]

IRISH FA STATEMENT

15/01/2009

On Thursday evening the Irish FA turned down a request from Norwich City FC to speak to the Northern Ireland Manager (Nigel Worthington) with regards to their vacant managerial position.

Nigel is currently making preparations for the up and coming World Cup Qualifiers and is fully focused and committed to his job as the Northern Ireland International Manager.

This is the official site of the Northern Ireland FA and if it is being denied your end I''m sorry but I am not willing to believe it.

Also we have spoken to Worthy AND NO HE DOES NOT WANT TO COME BACK TO NORWICH.

If you want to believe that you didn''t approach him through the Irish FA that''s fine but, in any event, he IS NOT INTERESTED IN ANY JOB YOU MIGHT HAVE OFFERED HIM HAD YOU APPROACHED HIM. (Not that you did, of course, but if you had HE STILL ISN''T INTERESTED).[:|]

I have tried really hard to stick behind Delia with all she''s done for the club, but for me this is the final straw. What on earth are they thinking approaching a man they''ve previously sacked for not being good enough, to offer him his job back. This is absolutely baffling and embarassing.

There are so many managers out there at the moment that could do a job for us, Boothroyd, Ince, etc.. etc.. and they bloody approach Worthington!! To be honest I am absolutely bloody raging about the whole saga. We desperately need someone on the board that has the first bloody iota of footballing expertise to get the right man in. She really has put her foot squarely in the s##t this time and needs to pull some sort of miracle out of her bag of tricks to get over this one.

I''m finally going to say it.....Sack the board.

[quote user="Camuldonum"][quote user="Mr.Carrow"][quote user="Potless Percy "][quote user="Mr.Carrow"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

IRISH FA STATEMENT

15/01/2009

On Thursday evening the Irish FA turned down a request from Norwich City FC to speak to the Northern Ireland Manager (Nigel Worthington) with regards to their vacant managerial position.

Nigel is currently making preparations for the up and coming World Cup Qualifiers and is fully focused and committed to his job as the Northern Ireland International Manager.

This is the official site of the Northern Ireland FA and if it is being denied your end I''m sorry but I am not willing to believe it.

Also we have spoken to Worthy AND NO HE DOES NOT WANT TO COME BACK TO NORWICH.

If you want to believe that you didn''t approach him through the Irish FA that''s fine but, in any event, he IS NOT INTERESTED IN ANY JOB YOU MIGHT HAVE OFFERED HIM HAD YOU APPROACHED HIM. (Not that you did, of course, but if you had HE STILL ISN''T INTERESTED).[:|]

[/quote]OKAY WE GET THE MESSAGE

The one thing that the Board have managed to achieve is 99% agreement of all the posters on here - no mean feat!

I have posted this a few times before but - Board Out anyone? And for the long term benefit of the club could we now start to make them aware that they had better sell up for whatever they can get and leave OUR CLUB asap?

i really can''t believe this.. first we hear Riochs name mentioned then Worthington.. do the board eall think Worthy would of united the fans and we''d of stormed up the league?

unbelievable and yet more evidence of their incompetence!

jas :)

I''m not posting in defence of the board at all, I think that they should be on their way but don''t you think it might be wise to see what the truth is behind this before we all get so hysterical. 

Reading all the smug responses it makes me wonder who do we really expecting to get? Anyone with anything to lose is unlikely to be interested. Who on earth with a right mind might would want to come and clean up this mess (seeing what happened to Roeder?) It''s mid-January, we have a team desperately short on players, no defense, no attack, and no money. Great! 

Ooops, it should read like this:

Reading all the smug responses it makes me wonder who do we really expecting to get? Anyone with anything to lose is unlikely to be interested. Who on earth with a right mind would want to come and clean up this mess (seeing what happened to Roeder?) It''s mid-January, we have a team desperately short on players, no defense, no attack, and no money. Great! 

The whole thing has been bizarre.  If it turns out not to be true, you have to wonder how it got to the point that the whole media reported it and the IFA had it posted on their website.  Someone is playing games here.  City?  Worthy?  The IFA?  A prankster?

Think the reaction has given the board their answer anyway!   Lets try and move on from it now.

[quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="Sports Desk - Pete"]

http://new.edp24.co.uk/content/sport/story.aspx?brand=EDPOnline&category=Sport&tBrand=EDPOnline&tCategory=Sport&itemid=NOED15%20Jan%202009%2019%3A27%3A17%3A630

I know I''m on some fairly powerful painkillers at the moment but surely this is a joke? Pay the Irish FA £450k to take back a man we had to pay £800k to leave only a couple of years ago....

[/quote]this is why we are in the SHI*E....board out!!!! after this they must go..they are about as clueless as GR[/quote]

Bang on the money CTID, how thick and stupid must the board members be? a car crash in waiting,  Get the ****out of our club![:@]

The fact that the board tried to get Worthy back just shows that the board know nothing. I commend them for sacking Roeder, but they hired him in the first place.

Whoever gets the job, one problem will remain - the board. As I''m said many times, you can''t deal with Delia Smith.

I have tried to keep an open mind about the board and give them the benefit of the doubt - but this has completely shattered any confidence in their judgement. Mind-blowingly stupid. Doncaster out! 

Absolutely effing unbelievable! They say that truth is stranger than fiction. Thank goodness that this arrangement didn''t come to fruition. Not only would those cads and bounders down in Suffolk have been laughing until they hurt, but the entire nation''s football fans would have been joining in. Surely to bring back a SACKED manager is entirely unprecedented.

I pride myself on having a good sense of humour, but this really isn''t funny anymore.The next thing the Board will be telling us is that they failed to get Worthington so had to give the job to Gunn permantly because we got a point against Barnsley.I''m sorry, I really can''t think of anything more constructive to say.

Sorry but I don''t believe that a formal approach was made to Worthy to offer him the managers job.

[quote user="cityangel"]Sorry but I don''t believe that a formal approach was made to Worthy to offer him the managers job.[/quote]

The Irish FA never said there was.  They only said there was a request to speak to Worthy about the vacancy.

Read Cam''s thread "The facts according to the Irish FA" and it appears Munby asked to speak to Worthy about appointing him part time caretaker until the end of the season while retaining his job with NI.

[quote user="Potless Percy "]

[quote user="cityangel"]Sorry but I don''t believe that a formal approach was made to Worthy to offer him the managers job.[/quote]

The Irish FA never said there was.  They only said there was a request to speak to Worthy about the vacancy.

Read Cam''s thread "The facts according to the Irish FA" and it appears Munby asked to speak to Worthy about appointing him part time caretaker until the end of the season while retaining his job with NI. [/quote]

I don''t always read what the Daily Star journalists tell us either, sorry.

Maybe that is the case CA, but it beggars belief that our Board should be even thinking of re-appointing Nigel Worthington at all.......

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="Potless Percy "]

Read Cam''s thread "The facts according to the Irish FA" and it appears Munby asked to speak to Worthy about appointing him part time caretaker until the end of the season while retaining his job with NI. [/quote]

I don''t always read what the Daily Star journalists tell us either, sorry.

[/quote]

Good for you. Doesn''t change the fact that it happened. If you choose to ignore the evidence then thats your own fault.

+1 CA.

Neither do I. I think the club are exploring all avenues, and they felt that they should have a chat with a man who has had previous success with us, and Leicester (briefly).