Sign in to follow this  
Pete Raven

Worthington turns down shock City return

i''m absolutely shocked that this "rumour" has turned out to be a reality.FAO Delia nd co. we need somebody to unite everybody associated with the club, not divide us into even smaller pieces

I can not believe we have approached Nigel Worthington. If true, this would be utter madness in the extreme and could only lead to complete embarrassment all round ( which it probably has ! ).[:$]

[quote user="Sports Desk - Pete"]

http://new.edp24.co.uk/content/sport/story.aspx?brand=EDPOnline&category=Sport&tBrand=EDPOnline&tCategory=Sport&itemid=NOED15%20Jan%202009%2019%3A27%3A17%3A630

I know I''m on some fairly powerful painkillers at the moment but surely this is a joke? Pay the Irish FA £450k to take back a man we had to pay £800k to leave only a couple of years ago....

[/quote]this is why we are in the SHI*E....board out!!!! after this they must go..they are about as clueless as GR

It''s a very very bizarre decision by the board.

HOWEVER the fact they''re willing to apporah managers who do currently have a job is a slight slight positive for me, i honestly thought they''d just try their luck at the un-employed managers.

We are a complete laughing stock, everyone is laughing at this, including Worthy.

Delia, just go now, you have lost the plot completely.

OMFG! Surely this can''t be true! In comparison Worthington was twice the manager of GR and Grant [not too difficult taking everything into account] but the fact they were even considering this option is fecking scary - have they not learnt anything from the past?

Proof if it were still needed that the Board of Norwich Cty Football Club do not understand how things work in football.

Or in the real world either because the IFA statement also lets the applicants and the fans know that whoever does get the job isn''t the person the Board wanted. Doh!

What the hell is the board doing to our club - we are a joke and a laughing stock.  The best they could come up with is to turn the clock back 2 years and pretend nothing has happened.Come on sort it out or get out and let someone in who knows how to run a football club.MUPPETS THE LOT OF THEM!!!!

[quote user="Canary Pirate"]I can not believe we have approached Nigel Worthington. If true, this would be utter madness in the extreme and could only lead to complete embarrassment all round ( which it probably has ! ).[:$][/quote]

My thoughts exactly!

Worthy was great for us but lost in the premiership season and stayed a year too long!

We had to pay £600,000 to pay him off!

Great memories till the last 2 years but we should never go back!

The board have really outdone themselves this time!

Delia saved this club. Don''t any of you lot forget it. Without her we''d be in a right old mess. She is a Saint.

Nigel deserves a well done...

..for having the common sense to turn the job down. He did a great job last time on the whole; but probably went at the right time; even looking back on it now. Still; he doesnt deserve all the crap he gets; people forget the success and good times he brought us.

Thankfully, unlike our comic board, worthy has realised that a return to norwich would be a gigantic risk; which could lead to a major major turmoil at the club if things didnt start well. Worthy could have done a good; but the risk was way way way too high.

[quote user="Sports Desk - Pete"]

http://new.edp24.co.uk/content/sport/story.aspx?brand=EDPOnline&category=Sport&tBrand=EDPOnline&tCategory=Sport&itemid=NOED15%20Jan%202009%2019%3A27%3A17%3A630

I know I''m on some fairly powerful painkillers at the moment but surely this is a joke? Pay the Irish FA £450k to take back a man we had to pay £800k to leave only a couple of years ago....

[/quote]

Dear oh dear![+o(]  We actually interviewed Worthy not long after he got the NI job (no doubt you did as well) and while he talked about his time at Norwich generally with affection when we actually asked if him if he would ever go back to City he said: "No, I wouldn''t.  I had my time there and I enjoyed a lot of it, not the end of it mind, but overall yes it was a good time for me.  I love Norfolk and I shall keep living there but I honestly think I have moved on and it''s something I once did."

Yesterday my son and I were discussing possible contenders and we joked about bringing Worthington back. We had a laugh, thinking it couldn''t possibly happen - and lo and behold, we find the board was actually seriously considering the possibility!!!!! Words fail me - I thought I''d seen everything in football! Obviously Worthy did well for us at first but after the events leading to his departure, to bring him back would be madness. Do the board want a repeat of the Worthington Out chants a few months down the line?

Do you reckon that it would have been temp until we have a full time replacement? Strange moment in the soap opera that is Norwich City football club.

Why, when we have Boothroyd, more than likely waiting in the wing, do we need a ''temp manager''?

Comeon board, sort it out, some of my mates are betting on Ince getting the job.

Completely embarrasing, they don''t have anyone lined up then.

Gunny in charge on Sat it is, great.

Ha ha ha ha, I`m sure thhis  approach to  NW is all Delia`s idea, she has obviously gone bonnkers, the problenm is nobody  can stand up to her!

Brace yourselves..................there`s surely more to come.  

[quote user="Huddy "]

Nigel deserves a well done...

..for having the common sense to turn the job down. He did a great job last time on the whole; but probably went at the right time; even looking back on it now. Still; he doesnt deserve all the crap he gets; people forget the success and good times he brought us.

Thankfully, unlike our comic board, worthy has realised that a return to norwich would be a gigantic risk; which could lead to a major major turmoil at the club if things didnt start well. Worthy could have done a good; but the risk was way way way too high.

[/quote]

That for me is the most sensible post i''ve seen on the matter.

Its classic Norwich. One day the gloom is slightly lifted over Carrow Road, the following days things just get worse.

Also the board are good friends of Nigel and he must still know people in and around the club. Surely you sound Nigel out to see if there is a remote possibility that he wants to come back before requesting to speak to him. Making it a public relations mess – farcical.

I despair. What next Iain Dowie, that would be the final straw

I''m afraid this is beginning to bear all the hallmarks of a Board who really don''t have any idea what to do next........I hope I am wrong.

On the face of it this seems rather amateur stuff.  It''s very odd to sack the entire team and then to be scrabbling about like this unless, of course, they are attempting to draw up some kind of shortlist.

I''d put a little bit of money on the fact that it was Worthy who suggested a press release might be appropriate to "deal with the sit-u-a-shun."

What''s that saying?  Revenge is a dish best served cold...........................

[:P]

[quote user="wolfie"]

Ha ha ha ha, I`m sure thhis  approach to  NW is all Delia`s idea, she has obviously gone bonnkers, the problenm is nobody  can stand up to her!

Brace yourselves..................there`s surely more to come.  

[/quote]

Yes, knowing Smith & her Yes Men they could makew a bid for Bryan Hamilton next, he''s not in management after all...

Seriously, why approach a manager who had lost the plot & was hounded out back in 2006? The mind boggles. All I need now is to see peter Grant suggesting he''d like another crack at management.

Go now Smith, & take your ''prudence with ambition'' & ''Little Old Norwich'' quotes with you. You''re making a fool of the club.