Sign in to follow this  
Binky

LEFT-BACK POSITION

Seems both Drury and Bertrand have fitness concerns - so it''s just possible - Simon Lappin may get a recall for the LB berth. I sincerely hope not - because he''s not a great LB and it''s not his true position. But to all you Lappin knockers, please remember that: and also that he is not match fit. If he fails to impress on either account, it is hardly his fault.Nevertheless I very much hope he gets to play - and in front of Drury.

I dont think he willl play LB, but he will play, surley Gunn was the man who got Fozzy and lapping in or at least told the manager about them, i can see both playing.

[quote user="Ginger Pele"]I dont think he willl play LB, but he will play, surley Gunn was the man who got Fozzy and lapping in or at least told the manager about them, i can see both playing.[/quote]Maybe - but it will be a helll of a slap at Roeder if he does - how chummy are they I wonder? Grounds could also do the LB slot if the other two are out of it. Can''t help thinking there will be a huge release of emotionand, enthusiasm - not to say skill - if Lappin (and Cureton) play and play to their best.

Thats what I''m hoping for.  I want both Lappin and Cureton to come out an play the matches of their lives.  If they do, perhaps things won''t seem quite as grim around here.