It''s quite sad, that the supposed amount they will be paying him each WEEK (500k) is probably more than we can spend on players in the transfer window

It is bad enough when some one suggested £50 never mind £5000, even if i had that much i wouldnt just give it to Norwich, to bid on one player (mabey if i won the lottery :D)

[quote user="Big Bob"]It''s quite sad, that the supposed amount they will be paying him each WEEK (500k) is probably more than we can spend on players in the transfer window[/quote]

It`s even sadder that that amount of money would save lives and bring many children out of povertyu.

It is absolutely obscene to be even considering that amount of cash either for transfer or wages.

[quote user="McCanary"]

[quote user="Big Bob"]It''s quite sad, that the supposed amount they will be paying him each WEEK (500k) is probably more than we can spend on players in the transfer window[/quote]

It`s even sadder that that amount of money would save lives and bring many children out of povertyu.

It is absolutely obscene to be even considering that amount of cash either for transfer or wages.

[/quote]

How on earth can they expect to get any where near that back if they sell him, and to think what we could do with that kind of money 

[quote user="McCanary"]

[/quote]

Oh shut up will you. I supposed its also terrible about the thought of a 3rd Heathrow runway (noone should be allowed to fly - its unnatural), people shouldn''t eat animals (but other animals eating animals is fine), you can''t call someone Sooty even if they like that name (unless they are a friend of Sweep), why cut down tree''s to make bog roll? (you can always use your hand), global warming - oh isnt it terrible - despite some of the coldest days in 100 years, Dinosaur fossils - just put the by God to test our faith no doubt?

[quote user="CaptnCanary"][quote user="McCanary"]

[/quote]

Oh shut up will you. I supposed its also terrible about the thought of a 3rd Heathrow runway (noone should be allowed to fly - its unnatural), people shouldn''t eat animals (but other animals eating animals is fine), you can''t call someone Sooty even if they like that name (unless they are a friend of Sweep), why cut down tree''s to make bog roll? (you can always use your hand), global warming - oh isnt it terrible - despite some of the coldest days in 100 years, Dinosaur fossils - just put the by God to test our faith no doubt?

[/quote]Wtf? That''s the most disjointed rant I''ve ever read - from runways to dinosaur fossils in 3 easy lines.... Houston Canary would be proud of you [;)]

[quote user="CaptnCanary"][quote user="McCanary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]I think that was a bit out of order, McCanary made a bloody good point, and if you think that global warming just makes the world warmer then im fairly certain your a moron, try googling it.

Hehe EM. Its blooming so called do-gooders like this make me sick with their ill-informed ''think what good you could do with that money'' type comments. If they had it their way nothing would ever be allowed to die and we would end up unable to move due to over crowding of people and animals and with no food to eat because we weren''t allowed to kill the vermin that devoured our crops cos they are cute and fluffy. They should worry about what they do with their own money and not what others do with theirs!

[quote user="CaptnCanary"]

[/quote]

An obviously reasoned and well thought out response.

For the record:

• I don`t think Heathrow should have a third runway at the expense of over 700 homes.
  • I raise and eat my own animals - specifically beef and pork
  • It makes no difference to me what people feel comfortable with calling each other if no offence is meant or taken
  • Bog roll is made from sustainable timber resources
  • As far as I am concerned, the jury has not totally convinced me either way on Global warming - but something is going on
  • ....and as for the fossils??? What`s that all about.

Have a nice day !!

[quote user="kick it off"][quote user="CaptnCanary"][quote user="McCanary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I think that was a bit out of order, McCanary made a bloody good point, and if you think that global warming just makes the world warmer then im fairly certain your a moron, try googling it.
[/quote]

Actually I''m far from a moron. Some of my views may be controversial I know but they may also be correct! There is good evidence to support the idea that global warming does not even exist in the way the general public believe. If you look at global temperatures over the past 70 years or so since the industrial revolution began the global temperature has actually fallen in 4 out of 7 of those decades. People who study Solar activity also confirm that the temperature of the earth has a very good correlation with the levels of activity and therefore heat eminating from the sun than anything else. Earths temperature also bears no correlation to the amount of industry and CO2 output by humans on the planet. 90% of the CO2 generated on earth actually comes from the Algae in the Sea. Does human input to that really make much difference? I''m not saying we should not recycle and be as environmentally friendly as we can be but we should not do that to the detriment of our quality of life, i.e. never travel or do anything that creates CO2. A whole industry has been developed on the unproven notion of global warming and those being paid to research and report on it have a conflict of interest in that they would be out of a job if they said ''actually it doesn''t exist'' because they would be out of a job. So in order to keep their jobs and their research grants they have to come up with wilder and wilder headlines. I could go on but this is getting somewhat OT.

[quote user="CaptnCanary"]Hehe EM. Its blooming so called do-gooders like this make me sick with their ill-informed ''think what good you could do with that money'' type comments. If they had it their way nothing would ever be allowed to die and we would end up unable to move due to over crowding of people and animals and with no food to eat because we weren''t allowed to kill the vermin that devoured our crops cos they are cute and fluffy. They should worry about what they do with their own money and not what others do with theirs![/quote]

Wow, someone has really nicked your teddy , haven`t they

I`ve never been called a do gooder before, so that`s a first - thanks.

....and how does my statement about this sort of money in football being obscene lead you to be able to know my opinions on life the world and everything??

It`s people like you who make snap decisions about others who should be looking at themselves.

As Billy Connolly once said, " ...they are more to be pitied than scolded, I can assure you"

oh, and I do worry about what I do with my money...I`m Scottish............but that stereotype will be ok with you wont it.[:D]

[quote user="McCanary"][quote user="CaptnCanary"]

[/quote]

An obviously reasoned and well thought out response.

For the record:

• I don`t think Heathrow should have a third runway at the expense of over 700 homes.

• I raise and eat my own animals - specifically beef and pork

• It makes no difference to me what people feel comfortable with calling each other if no offence is meant or taken

• Bog roll is made from sustainable timber resources

• As far as I am concerned, the jury has not totally convinced me either way on Global warming - but something is going on

• ....and as for the fossils??? What`s that all about.

Have a nice day !!

[/quote]

Glad to see you took my post in good humour. FYI info, the fossils bit is about Christians who believe we were made in Gods own image, etc, etc, when questioned about the existence of dinosaurs millions of years before we were ever here will claim that Dinosaurs never existed and that the fossils were put there by God to test their faith....

[quote user="McCanary"]

[quote user="CaptnCanary"]Hehe EM. Its blooming so called do-gooders like this make me sick with their ill-informed ''think what good you could do with that money'' type comments. If they had it their way nothing would ever be allowed to die and we would end up unable to move due to over crowding of people and animals and with no food to eat because we weren''t allowed to kill the vermin that devoured our crops cos they are cute and fluffy. They should worry about what they do with their own money and not what others do with theirs![/quote]

Wow, someone has really nicked your teddy , haven`t they

I`ve never been called a do gooder before, so that`s a first - thanks.

....and how does my statement about this sort of money in football being obscene lead you to be able to know my opinions on life the world and everything??

It`s people like you who make snap decisions about others who should be looking at themselves.

As Billy Connolly once said, " ...they are more to be pitied than scolded, I can assure you"

oh, and I do worry about what I do with my money...I`m Scottish............but that stereotype will be ok with you wont it.[:D]

[/quote]

Just felt like a rant really albeit with some serious points about the state of ''PC gone madness'' in the world. I think you get my point anyway even if you don''t fall under the do-gooder stereotype.

[quote user="CaptnCanary"]

Just felt like a rant really albeit with some serious points about the state of ''PC gone madness'' in the world. I think you get my point anyway even if you don''t fall under the do-gooder stereotype.

[/quote]

Yes I agree that the world has gone mad regarding PC ( and peter Cullum!!!) and I can appreciate your feelings on the topics you mentioned.....but at the same time surely you agree that the sums of money being bandied around for someone to kick a bag of wind around for 90 minutes once or twice a week are obscene.

We have kids in this country who through no fault of their own live in cold damp houses or are on the streets selling their bodies to survive. Somewhere something is wrong in my opinion.

[quote user="CaptnCanary"]Actually I''m far from a moron. Some of my views may be controversial I know but they may also be correct! There is good evidence to support the idea that global warming does not even exist in the way the general public believe. If you look at global temperatures over the past 70 years or so since the industrial revolution began the global temperature has actually fallen in 4 out of 7 of those decades. People who study Solar activity also confirm that the temperature of the earth has a very good correlation with the levels of activity and therefore heat eminating from the sun than anything else. Earths temperature also bears no correlation to the amount of industry and CO2 output by humans on the planet. 90% of the CO2 generated on earth actually comes from the Algae in the Sea. Does human input to that really make much difference? I''m not saying we should not recycle and be as environmentally friendly as we can be but we should not do that to the detriment of our quality of life, i.e. never travel or do anything that creates CO2. A whole industry has been developed on the unproven notion of global warming and those being paid to research and report on it have a conflict of interest in that they would be out of a job if they said ''actually it doesn''t exist'' because they would be out of a job. So in order to keep their jobs and their research grants they have to come up with wilder and wilder headlines. I could go on but this is getting somewhat OT.[/quote]A few points of clarification:
  • The industrial revolution began in the late 1700s, not the 1930s.
  • Global temperatures have increased by approximately 0.5 degrees in the last 150 years or so, which does not correlate with any sunspot activity.
  • I don''t believe your figures on Algae to be entirely correct but it is true that photosynthesis and respiration from plants and animals (including our own breathing) releases a vast amount of CO2.  Both plants and algae, however, actually have a greater net intake of CO2 than output.  Simple chemical science, really.
  • The athmospheric CO2 levels rely on a delicate carbon balance.  Releasing vast quantities of carbon from the burning of fossil fuels whilst also deforesting large areas and thus destroying large swathes of carbon stores - the aforementioned plants - upsets that balance, which is why the levels are now increasing faster than at any point in the Earth''s recent history (and by recent, I mean the last 100 000 years or so).
All really simple when you think about it.  So, back to that point about you not being a moron..........................

[quote user="Evil Monkey"][A few points of clarification:

• Global temperatures have increased by approximately 0.5 degrees in the last 150 years or so, which does not correlate with any sunspot activity.

• I don''t believe your figures on Algae to be entirely correct but it is true that photosynthesis and respiration from plants and animals (including our own breathing) releases a vast amount of CO2.  Both plants and algae, however, actually have a greater net intake of CO2 than output.  Simple chemical science, really.

• The athmospheric CO2 levels rely on a delicate carbon balance.  Releasing vast quantities of carbon from the burning of fossil fuels whilst also deforesting large areas and thus destroying large swathes of carbon stores - the aforementioned plants - upsets that balance, which is why the levels are now increasing faster than at any point in the Earth''s recent history (and by recent, I mean the last 100 000 years or so).

All really simple when you think about it.  So, back to that point about you not being a moron..........................
[/quote]

In defence of the Cap`n, EM, I too have seen figures not dissimilar to those he quotes regarding the Algae.........however I am not a scientist and as they say 47.8 % of statistics are made up on the spot !!! 

Phew !

Read the title of the thread & for one mad moment thought Roeder was back & had made another signing.

After all, he certainly signed a load of kaka !

[quote user="Evil Monkey"][quote user="CaptnCanary"]Actually I''m far from a moron. Some of my views may be controversial I know but they may also be correct! There is good evidence to support the idea that global warming does not even exist in the way the general public believe. If you look at global temperatures over the past 70 years or so since the industrial revolution began the global temperature has actually fallen in 4 out of 7 of those decades. People who study Solar activity also confirm that the temperature of the earth has a very good correlation with the levels of activity and therefore heat eminating from the sun than anything else. Earths temperature also bears no correlation to the amount of industry and CO2 output by humans on the planet. 90% of the CO2 generated on earth actually comes from the Algae in the Sea. Does human input to that really make much difference? I''m not saying we should not recycle and be as environmentally friendly as we can be but we should not do that to the detriment of our quality of life, i.e. never travel or do anything that creates CO2. A whole industry has been developed on the unproven notion of global warming and those being paid to research and report on it have a conflict of interest in that they would be out of a job if they said ''actually it doesn''t exist'' because they would be out of a job. So in order to keep their jobs and their research grants they have to come up with wilder and wilder headlines. I could go on but this is getting somewhat OT.[/quote]
A few points of clarification:

[/quote]

Thanks for that EM. I have fully digested your lecture this time. In future mouth firmly shut re global warming (even if I do disagree)

I wasn''t interested in starting yet another global warming debate on these boards - there''s enough of them elsewhere - but I couldn''t let a post slide that included the words "I''m far from a moron" followed by "over the past 70 years since the industrial revolution began"... should probably have stuck to the history lesson, but I make no apologies for getting carried away... [:)]

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]I wasn''t interested in starting yet another global warming debate on these boards - there''s enough of them elsewhere - but I couldn''t let a post slide that included the words "I''m far from a moron" followed by "over the past 70 years since the industrial revolution began"... should probably have stuck to the history lesson, but I make no apologies for getting carried away... [:)]
[/quote]

Bit of a red rag that statement I think!!!

[quote user="The Butler"][quote user="Evil Monkey"][quote user="CaptnCanary"]Actually I''m far from a moron. Some of my views may be controversial I know but they may also be correct! There is good evidence to support the idea that global warming does not even exist in the way the general public believe. If you look at global temperatures over the past 70 years or so since the industrial revolution began the global temperature has actually fallen in 4 out of 7 of those decades. People who study Solar activity also confirm that the temperature of the earth has a very good correlation with the levels of activity and therefore heat eminating from the sun than anything else. Earths temperature also bears no correlation to the amount of industry and CO2 output by humans on the planet. 90% of the CO2 generated on earth actually comes from the Algae in the Sea. Does human input to that really make much difference? I''m not saying we should not recycle and be as environmentally friendly as we can be but we should not do that to the detriment of our quality of life, i.e. never travel or do anything that creates CO2. A whole industry has been developed on the unproven notion of global warming and those being paid to research and report on it have a conflict of interest in that they would be out of a job if they said ''actually it doesn''t exist'' because they would be out of a job. So in order to keep their jobs and their research grants they have to come up with wilder and wilder headlines. I could go on but this is getting somewhat OT.[/quote]

[/quote]

Thanks for that EM. I have fully digested your lecture this time. In future mouth firmly shut re global warming (even if I do disagree)

[/quote]

Based on this post...are Cap`n and Butler one and the same???

[quote user="McCanary"][quote user="The Butler"][quote user="Evil Monkey"][quote user="CaptnCanary"]Actually I''m far from a moron. Some of my views may be controversial I know but they may also be correct! There is good evidence to support the idea that global warming does not even exist in the way the general public believe. If you look at global temperatures over the past 70 years or so since the industrial revolution began the global temperature has actually fallen in 4 out of 7 of those decades. People who study Solar activity also confirm that the temperature of the earth has a very good correlation with the levels of activity and therefore heat eminating from the sun than anything else. Earths temperature also bears no correlation to the amount of industry and CO2 output by humans on the planet. 90% of the CO2 generated on earth actually comes from the Algae in the Sea. Does human input to that really make much difference? I''m not saying we should not recycle and be as environmentally friendly as we can be but we should not do that to the detriment of our quality of life, i.e. never travel or do anything that creates CO2. A whole industry has been developed on the unproven notion of global warming and those being paid to research and report on it have a conflict of interest in that they would be out of a job if they said ''actually it doesn''t exist'' because they would be out of a job. So in order to keep their jobs and their research grants they have to come up with wilder and wilder headlines. I could go on but this is getting somewhat OT.[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Based on this post...are Cap`n and Butler one and the same???

[/quote]

No.