Sign in to follow this  
James Kent

Jimmy Calderwood

What''s going on here?

He is on the move and onto second favourite on some sites.

Even more strange is he signed a new 3 and half year deal with Aberdeen only two days ago.

Any thoughts on Calderwood for manager?

That''s funny - I was only discussing him yesterday with my Aberdeen-supporting colleague.He asked who I wanted as manager, to which I replied it would need to be someone who was used to getting results from a bunch of clueless idiots, with no money to spend on new players! "Hands off Jimmy Calderwood!" he cried. He must have phoned Aberdeen immediately, to tell them to offer JC a new contract - obviously, we can''t afford to buy him out of it now. Shame, he might have been half decent.Oh well Jim, you''ve helped me to the 1000 post mark - woohoo - just a pity the message boards are as full of doom and gloom as when I started!

Congrats on the 1,000 post.

It''s interesting that his stock has risen since signing a new contract. As you say surely nothing in it now.

I know he was looking for a move back to England last year and went as far as applying for a couple of managerial vacancies but they were based in the Midlands (as are JC''s family).

[quote user="Fat Barman"]That''s funny - I was only discussing him yesterday with my Aberdeen-supporting colleague.

He asked who I wanted as manager, to which I replied it would need to be someone who was used to getting results from a bunch of clueless idiots, with no money to spend on new players!

"Hands off Jimmy Calderwood!" he cried. He must have phoned Aberdeen immediately, to tell them to offer JC a new contract - obviously, we can''t afford to buy him out of it now. Shame, he might have been half decent.

Oh well Jim, you''ve helped me to the 1000 post mark - woohoo - just a pity the message boards are as full of doom and gloom as when I started!
[/quote]

If he was that keen to move down south last year, he may well have a fairly low release clause written into this contract (say if a prem / championship team approached him). It`s about time someone else other than Norwich got contractually "mugged" [;)]