Sign in to follow this  
Bruce Eats Walkers!

Bryan Gunn

Im happy he''s in charge for Saturday, he is a legend but the board need to get their act together and appoint Boothroyd before transfer window closes!

[quote user="jacktungate"]Is taking the press conferance and is the caretaker manager[/quote]

Not officially announced but it`s Gunny sitting at the table with the press officer!!!

GUNN TO TAKE CHARGE OF BARNSLEY CLASH

Posted on: Fri 16 Jan 2009

CITY

today confirmed that Head of Player Recruitment and City legend Bryan

Gunn will take charge for Saturday''s Championship game against Barnsley

at Carrow Road.

Gunn will be assisted by Goalkeeping Coach Tommy Wright and Academy Manager Ricky Martin.

A press conference is currently being held at Colney and we will bring you all the reaction from Gunn and City players shortly.

That''s not bad news. I think it''s pretty much what we all expected.Roll on saturday!

On my reckoning he has now done every job in the club and is now entitled to 6 sherry glasses in an attractive presentation box and a certificate signed by Captain Canary. What an honour.

[quote user="shortfatb"]On my reckoning he has now done every job in the club and is now entitled to 6 sherry glasses in an attractive presentation box and a certificate signed by Captain Canary. What an honour.
[/quote]

lol [:D]

[quote user="shortfatb"]On my reckoning he has now done every job in the club and is now entitled to 6 sherry glasses in an attractive presentation box and a certificate signed by Captain Canary. What an honour.
[/quote]

Well you know that "man" that Cullum wanted on the Board if his takeover was successfull? Want to guess who he had lined up?

Bryan Gunn said when he was offered the manager role "House! I''ve got the full house now - on the playing side!  Thanks Delia - when I win the lottery I''ll buy the club!" 

[quote user="shefcanary"]Bryan Gunn said when he was offered the manager role "House! I''ve got the full house now - on the playing side!  Thanks Delia - when I win the lottery I''ll buy the club!" [/quote]

That''s it for me.

What a bunch of............!!!!

Sorry to see Glenn go, better man for having worked with him, shed a tear etc etc.

Just confirms it for me, this lot are ready for the nuthouse senility has set in.

My worst fears for years is the Gunn would become manager, and now.

Only thing left then will be to make him chairman and cleaner, no hold on he''s done that!!

[quote user="The Butler"]

[quote user="shefcanary"]Bryan Gunn said when he was offered the manager role "House! I''ve got the full house now - on the playing side!  Thanks Delia - when I win the lottery I''ll buy the club!" [/quote]

That''s it for me.

What a bunch of............!!!!

Sorry to see Glenn go, better man for having worked with him, shed a tear etc etc.

Just confirms it for me, this lot are ready for the nuthouse senility has set in.

My worst fears for years is the Gunn would become manager, and now.

Only thing left then will be to make him chairman and cleaner, no hold on he''s done that!!

[/quote]Gunny must have been in a pretty bad state before he met GR then. Wonder if they shed same tears when GR did his wholesale clearout of backroom staff.

People on here have short memories. When Peter Grant was given his marching orders, Duffy and Gunn were in charge for a couple of matches before Roeder was announced. I don''t think they did that well!

For heaven''s sake - it''s only the caretaker role. I tend not to back any manager - I back the team first. Would all you knockers have preferred Sadler or Stephenson in charge? Or a stranger, who doesn''t know what''s been going on, doesn''t know the players etc parachuted in to take control for what are arguably going to be the most important two games in the club''s history? I may be just too optimistic now that GR has gone, but I DO believe the squad can get themselves out of this mess. If you don''t accept that, how is importing a new man on a temporary basis going to solve anything? I do not want to see the Board appoint in haste and repent at leisure either. Worthington did alright when he took over temporarily - the analogy with Gunn is not the same perhaps but your support willl count for a heck of a lot more on Saturday afternoon than any "harm" Gunn''s appointment might do. So, all you moaners, get on with it!

[quote user="colneycanary"]People on here have short memories. When

Peter Grant was given his marching orders, Duffy and Gunn were in

charge for a couple of matches before Roeder was announced. I don''t

think they did that well![/quote]

True, but Big Jim was the main man - Gunny was a number two (no filth

please!). Let''s hope he learned from the mistakes - at least Tommy

Wright has some experience of being a winning manager!

[/quote]

Hasn''t done a stint on the car park yet.

Jumping the gun a bit there I think ......( no pun intended )

Was a bit surprised that Gunny was appointed for tomorrow''s game and, if Im honest, a bit disappointed as I thought because Roeder & his men were all sacked, someone was lined up.

On reflection, though, Gunny knows the players, loves Norwich and good luck to him and the boys tomorrow.

Its my birthday tomorrow, so 3 points please!!!!!!!!!!!!

[quote user="Yellow Bird"]

On reflection, though, Gunny knows the players, loves Norwich and good luck to him and the boys tomorrow.

[/quote]I think that''s the point. The board know that some real motivation is needed right now - they must surely know who the players are going to respect and support the most. In truth, I expect it will be a real team effort. Anyone who can''t get behind the team tomorrow because they are nitpicking about Gunn''s temporary role - please find something more important to do tomorrow afternoon.Happy Birthday for tomorrow YB - you will get your 3 points.

[quote user="Binky"][quote user="Yellow Bird"]

[/quote]

I think that''s the point. The board know that some real motivation is needed right now - they must surely know who the players are going to respect and support the most. In truth, I expect it will be a real team effort. Anyone who can''t get behind the team tomorrow because they are nitpicking about Gunn''s temporary role - please find something more important to do tomorrow afternoon.

Happy Birthday for tomorrow YB - you will get your 3 points.
[/quote]

Cheers, Blinky. You''re right about getting behind the team tomorrow. Im hoping for a great atmosphere to lift the team and the atmosphere, both of which have been low of late.

ON THE BALL CITY  ! [:)]

[quote user="Binky"]For heaven''s sake - it''s only the caretaker role. I tend not to back any manager - I back the team first. Would all you knockers have preferred Sadler or Stephenson in charge? Or a stranger, who doesn''t know what''s been going on, doesn''t know the players etc parachuted in to take control for what are arguably going to be the most important two games in the club''s history? I may be just too optimistic now that GR has gone, but I DO believe the squad can get themselves out of this mess. If you don''t accept that, how is importing a new man on a temporary basis going to solve anything? I do not want to see the Board appoint in haste and repent at leisure either. Worthington did alright when he took over temporarily - the analogy with Gunn is not the same perhaps but your support willl count for a heck of a lot more on Saturday afternoon than any "harm" Gunn''s appointment might do. So, all you moaners, get on with it![/quote]Bang on the money mate [<:o)]