Sign in to follow this  
canary cherub

Radio Norfolk says . . .

ND has admitted the club had an "informal conversation" with the Irish FA which they didn''t intend to be made public (info from Chris Goreham).

I bet they didn''t

[:@]

[quote user="Potless Percy "]

ND has admitted the club had an "informal conversation" with the Irish FA which they didn''t intend to be made public (info from Chris Goreham).

I bet they didn''t

[/quote]

So, no "formal" approach then. A lot of fuss over nothing and the NI FA should have kept their gobs shut.

[quote user="Delia S. Tickers"][quote user="Potless Percy "]

I bet they didn''t

[/quote]

So, no "formal" approach then. A lot of fuss over nothing and the NI FA should have kept their gobs shut.

[/quote]

The point is, as I am sure you realise, that they made any approach at all.

[quote user="Potless Percy "][quote user="Delia S. Tickers"][quote user="Potless Percy "]

I bet they didn''t

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

But what for? Temporary manager, permanent manager, Director of football? We''ll probably never know and that''s why they should have kept quiet.

[quote user="Delia S. Tickers"][quote user="Potless Percy "][quote user="Delia S. Tickers"][quote user="Potless Percy "]

I bet they didn''t

[/quote]

[/quote]

A reference for a certain A boothroyd?

[/quote]

But what for? Temporary manager, permanent manager, Director of football? We''ll probably never know and that''s why they should have kept quiet.

[/quote]

[quote user="Delia S. Tickers"][quote user="Potless Percy "][quote user="Delia S. Tickers"][quote user="Potless Percy "]

I bet they didn''t

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Its Cullum all over again, lots of kerfuffle in the press about something taken out of context.

I bet they didn''t

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]A referance for a certain A Boothroyd?

The straw clutching brigade are out in force this morning.

Now it''s all been "taken out of context" or it''s the IFA''s fault. 

If this board would only, just once in their lives, take responsibility for their actions, we might begin to have a little confidence in them.

If this board would only, just once in their lives, take responsibility for their actions, we might begin to have a little confidence in them.

[/quote]

lol isn''t it always someone elses fault?

The board should learn to grow a spine and hold their hands up to approaching them, whether that be formal or informal.  To come out and say they didn''t approach the IFA was a blatant lie.  Now they are saying it was informal.  All they have done is made fools out of themselves.

Come on board, it''s still an approach.  About time you were honest to us fans.

[/quote]

They are you spanner.  Problem is that things sometimes get made public before you are ready, thats has fuf all to do with not taking responsibility for your actions. 

I honestly wonder sometimes what goes through the heads of some people.

[/quote]

As indeed is the lynch mob.

[quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="Potless Percy "]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Beat me to it. [:)]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Hardly a mob is he!! (she??)[:)]

[quote user="Carlos Valderrama"]

Problem is that things sometimes get made public before you are ready, thats has fuf all to do with not taking responsibility for your actions. 

[/quote]

If you think this would ever have seen the light of day if the IFA hadn''t made their statement, you''re living on the same planet as our board of directors . . .

[quote user="Carlos Valderrama"]

Problem is that things sometimes get made public before you are ready, thats has fuf all to do with not taking responsibility for your actions. 

[/quote]

If you think this would ever have seen the light of day if the IFA hadn''t made their statement, you''re living on the same planet as our board of directors . . .

[/quote]

Which would be "Earth". Welcome.

Fine.  You carry on living in your cosy little world while our club goes to hell on a handcart . . .

[/quote]

No, what I''ll try to do is keep an open mind about press speculation, but please feel free to sift every statement from the club for negative subtexts (even if you have to invent them yourself) whilst swallowing whole every press report which satisfies your agenda.

Fine.  You carry on living in your cosy little world while our club goes to hell on a handcart . . .

[/quote]

Cuase that''s exactly what we''re saying isn''t it.

I must admit I''m more concerned with who we actually end up with as manager and how we''re going to get out of this financial hole than whether (or not) we made a formal (or informal) approach to the IFA to speak to Worthington about ..... short term/caretaker/long term position/ advice on new manager ... the list of possibles is endless.

I see the world at Carrow Road as anything but ''cosy'' at the moment. Top marks for your patronising tone though. 

[/quote]

No, what I''ll try to do is keep an open mind about press speculation, but please feel free to sift every statement from the club for negative subtexts (even if you have to invent them yourself) whilst swallowing whole every press report which satisfies your agenda.

[/quote]

"Open mind" lol

The IFA statement is not press speculation.  Either it''s true or it isn''t.  Weasel words like "formal approach" just obscure the facts.

[/quote]

[/quote]

So let''s get this clear Beauseant, do you agree that the club were right to make an enquiry about the possible availability of Worthy? That is what they have done and ND has not denied that at all, the Irish FA have blown their cover to make the enquiry public.

[quote user="Beauseant"]

No, what I''ll try to do is keep an open mind about press speculation, but please feel free to sift every statement from the club for negative subtexts (even if you have to invent them yourself) whilst swallowing whole every press report which satisfies your agenda.[/quote]

My dear Beauseant - how dare you spout reason and commonsense on this board. Are you not aware of the requirement to demand resignation based purely on what you hear on the radio or read in the press?

How very dare you    !!!![:D]

[quote user="whoareyou"]Doncaster out! Delia Out! I''m fed up with our club be running by clueless muppets![:@][/quote]

Totally true whoareyou? and I''m 100% behind your thoughts.

[quote user="McCanary"]

[quote user="Beauseant"]

No, what I''ll try to do is keep an open mind about press speculation, but please feel free to sift every statement from the club for negative subtexts (even if you have to invent them yourself) whilst swallowing whole every press report which satisfies your agenda.[/quote]

My dear Beauseant - how dare you spout reason and commonsense on this board. Are you not aware of the requirement to demand resignation based purely on what you hear on the radio or read in the press?

How very dare you    !!!![:D]

[/quote]

You don''t understand McC. Anything anti board in the media is the undisputed truth, whereas anything which shows them is a good light is spin. Once you grasp that simple fact you too can play the game of "just because I''m paranoid it doesn''t mean they''re not out to get me."[:D]

[quote user="Yellow Rider"][quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="Potless Percy "]

[/quote]

[/quote]

So let''s get this clear Beauseant, do you agree that the club were right to make an enquiry about the possible availability of Worthy? That is what they have done and ND has not denied that at all, the Irish FA have blown their cover to make the enquiry public.

[/quote]

If the real target isn''t available until the end of the season and they wanted a short term experienced stopgap who knew the club inside out, then its not unreasonable, but the fact is that we don''t know what the enquiry entailed, so its best not to jump to conclusions. When I have all the facts I''ll happily give you my opinion, but I''m not condemning or condoning on the basis of a press report, the accuracy of which has already been challenged. The club is in deep enough trouble without revolutions being started on the basis of guesswork.

[quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="Yellow Rider"][quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="Potless Percy "]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

If the real target isn''t available until the end of the season and they wanted a short term experienced stopgap who knew the club inside out, then its not unreasonable, but the fact is that we don''t know what the enquiry entailed, so its best not to jump to conclusions. When I have all the facts I''ll happily give you my opinion, but I''m not condemning or condoning on the basis of a press report, the accuracy of which has already been challenged. The club is in deep enough trouble without revolutions being started on the basis of guesswork.

[/quote]

Here''s the IFA official statement:

"On Thursday evening, the Irish FA turned down a request from Norwich City FC to speak to the Northern Ireland Manager (Nigel Worthington) with regards to their vacant managerial position."

Check their website by all means to confirm.

To be fair Norwich might have wanted to talk to Nigel for his advice on who should be the next Norwich manager.

An informal conversation doesn''t suggest an official approach to me. Lets all move on.

[quote user="Potless Percy "][quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="Yellow Rider"][quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="Potless Percy "]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Here''s the IFA official statement:

"On Thursday evening, the Irish FA turned down a request from Norwich City FC to speak to the Northern Ireland Manager (Nigel Worthington) with regards to their vacant managerial position."

Check their website by all means to confirm.

[/quote]

Thanks for that PP, but I have been able to read for many years. I don''t see anything there that to challenge my comment, unless you have read it as "The Irish FA turned down a request from the financially and morally bankrupt board of NCFC to offer a huge long term contract to Nigel Worthington without any strings and with the express intention of pissing off their fans for whom they have nothing but contempt".