Sign in to follow this  
Ncfc-Jack

Saturdays Team

[quote user="The_Puppet_Man172"][quote user="Mr Brownstone"]With Ricky Martin assisting Gunny we might see one or two of those kids who "aren''t ready yet" doing something other than getting splinters in their ass.[/quote]id much rather see our youngsters playing but not being able to compete rather than some1 else''s player use norwich as a run out[/quote]yeah , the only diference peopel like korey smith and kris renton and declan rudd are experiencing is the crowd numbers. they play at carrow road regularly (?!) anyway.i dont think siting on a bench all afternoon does THAT much for their confidence.i reckon stick korey smith on for 10 mins at the end....and if we are 3-0 up or more put rudd in for a bit too.

Are people seriously suggesting we play 3 at the back with the quality of defenders we have?! That formation is rarely successful and in my opinion requires 3 rock solid centre halfs who are comfortable on the ball and two attacking wing backs. How many of those do we have? 4 at the back is the only way to go. We need to start keeping some clean sheets to get points.

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]Are people seriously suggesting we play 3 at the back with the quality of defenders we have?! That formation is rarely successful and in my opinion requires 3 rock solid centre halfs who are comfortable on the ball and two attacking wing backs. How many of those do we have? 4 at the back is the only way to go. We need to start keeping some clean sheets to get points.[/quote]

my sentiments exactly...you could hardly call anyone in our defensive team ''rock solid cenre halves''...semmy is good going forward abd bertrand too when fit but i wouldnt trust that formation ever.

My team would be   

Marshall

Semmy Doc   Grounds   Drury

Croft    Clingan     Pattison  Hoolahan

Cureton      Lupoli

Rub-a-dubs  - Nelson, Omo, Lappin, Cort, Russell

Putting the cones out  - Fozzy

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]Are people seriously suggesting we play 3 at the back with the quality of defenders we have?! That formation is rarely successful and in my opinion requires 3 rock solid centre halfs who are comfortable on the ball and two attacking wing backs. How many of those do we have? 4 at the back is the only way to go. We need to start keeping some clean sheets to get points.[/quote] you might be right but i like to see hoolahan play behind the front.

[quote user="The_Puppet_Man172"][quote user="Mr Brownstone"]Are people seriously suggesting we play 3 at the back with the quality of defenders we have?! That formation is rarely successful and in my opinion requires 3 rock solid centre halfs who are comfortable on the ball and two attacking wing backs. How many of those do we have? 4 at the back is the only way to go. We need to start keeping some clean sheets to get points.[/quote] you might be right but i like to see hoolahan play behind the front.[/quote]its a good idea... i think with them shortys up front we could do with hoolahan to weave it through for them.....

[quote user="Canary Pirate"][quote user="Ncfc-Jack"]

I Would Choose

Marshall

Otsemobor   Doc   Grounds  Betrand

Croft    Clingan     Hoolahan   Bell

Cureton      Lupoli

Subs-- Nelson Omozusi Lappin Russell Cort

What Do You Reckon ?

[/quote]I think we should try something different, a bit risky but just might work Omozusi for Doc. Move Doc to play alongside Curo

and replace Bertrand with Lappin.

[/quote]

Like Rodent ...you don''t get that Lappin is not a full back !! God help us !

If you are going to play Wes behind two strikers then i see no option but to play 3 across the centre of midfield with Wes in a completely free roll floating between both flanks. Which i don''t think will work. I don''t really like him playing off a loan striker either. He''s not capable of weighing in with the share of goals that position requires. Which is a shame as I really like Wes. I think the only place for him is on the flank. I hope the new manager can get more out of him there than Roeder. Might just be a confidence thing. Big shoes to fill on that left hand side...