Sign in to follow this  
Grando

Protest

Reading Doncaster''s comments (and Mick Dennis'' sycophantic piece in the Express), it seems that the protest by a couple of hundred fans after the Charlton match was the decisive factor in getting the Board to sack Roeder.

If this is the case then we should have a demo against the Board after the match on Saturday, regardless of the result. Let''s cheer the team on before and during the match, but then demonstrate our feelings towards the Board''s actions over the past few seasons by protesting against them afterwards.

It sounds like it might actually have an effect - and if we''ve just picked up three points all the better as it''ll prove we''re not just a bunch of fickle lightweights who just react to the latest result on the pitch.

which is all good and well, but we do need someone to replace them!

I personally think we do need new board members/investment but the question is where are they/ is it going to come from?

To let them know in no uncertain terms that we''re directly unhappy with how they''re running the club and won''t just be fobbed off by the usual spin and platitudes that will undoubtedly come once they''ve unveiled their latest stool pigeon!

Somehow I think the shock of seeing a half empty stadium and the realisation that this could be CR for the whole of next season was the deciding factor.

For them money is king and the prospect of not selling the season tickets during the summer must have made them see sense.

Of course they have seen protests before and have at least grasped the fact that once the manager loses the fans (in addition to the majority of games) there is only one outcome.

You might be right - in which case I hope that people don''t rush to renew their season tickets at the first opportunity. I for one am quite happy to have to pay a bit more and miss the first deadline in order to make them sweat.

Still think a protest just against the Board would re-emphasise the point that large numbers of fans aren''t happy with how they''re running things. It might make them more willing to relinquish control, because they clearly don''t like it up ''em! And if, please God, someone miraculously does come in for us, it might make Delia and Michael more willing to get out.

Gazza- plus probaly 50% of that crowd were "kids for a quid". Cash generated from the game must have been very small.   Certainly the lower Barclay was full of the little buggers!

[quote user="gazzathegreat"]Somehow I think the shock of seeing a half empty stadium and the realisation that this could be CR for the whole of next season was the deciding factor.

For them money is king and the prospect of not selling the season tickets during the summer must have made them see sense.

Of course they have seen protests before and have at least grasped the fact that once the manager loses the fans (in addition to the majority of games) there is only one outcome.[/quote]But you must remember that money doesn''t go into the pockets of Delia and MWJ''s, money is king because it keeps Norwich City afloat, take that away we are in serious trouble, if the fans start to boycott the matches then we are in deep deep trouble, and even a less attractive prospect for a potential buyer. Use your sense guys.

and if we continue to invest in hotels, flats, kitchens, pots and pans?. Whoops, I forgot that it is these assets that are keeping us afloat, not a few seasoms in the cash cow that is the premier league.

[quote user="seat124"]

and if we continue to invest in hotels, flats, kitchens, pots and pans?. Whoops, I forgot that it is these assets that are keeping us afloat, not a few seasoms in the cash cow that is the premier league.

[/quote]

We haven''t invested anything into the hotel, Holiday Inn have it on a lease and we get a % of the profits...

[quote user="The Walking Man"][quote user="seat124"]

[/quote]

We haven''t invested anything into the hotel, Holiday Inn have it on a lease and we get a % of the profits...

[/quote]Which sounds like bloody good business to me :)

[quote user="seat124"]

[/quote]

I`m sure someone will correct me if I`m wrong but............I think you`ll find that all the business that you have named have either brought a sum of money into the club or continue to operate at profit for the club.

[quote user="The Walking Man"][quote user="seat124"]

[/quote]

[/quote]If you haven''t got anything better to contribute other than accurate facts you ought to stop posting! Where is the bile, prejudice and uninformed ramblings?

[quote user="Badger"]
If you haven''t got anything better to contribute other than accurate facts you ought to stop posting!

Where is the bile, prejudice and uninformed ramblings?

[/quote]

I`m sure , if you hang around long enough , they will be here in due course [:O]

[quote user="McCanary"]

[quote user="Badger"]If you haven''t got anything better to contribute other than accurate facts you ought to stop posting! Where is the bile, prejudice and uninformed ramblings?[/quote]

I`m sure , if you hang around long enough , they will be here in due course [:O]

[/quote]I don''t want to wait - I demand instant gratification.