Sign in to follow this  
super dave

Boothroyd

Even though the only announcement made today was that Gunny is in

charge for tomorrow, I''m still led to believe that the announcement

regarding Boothroyd is imminent and the club are just waiting for the

right time to make the announcement

[quote user="sadlerman"]Even though the only announcement made today was that Gunny is in charge for tomorrow, I''m still led to believe that the announcement regarding Boothroyd is imminent and the club are just waiting for the right time to make the announcement[/quote]

And for those with very short memories, this is what our friend with the inside info posted yesterday:

Not often I post on here but I thought that obviously this is worth sharingThere should be an official announcement made today at around 8.45am stating that Aidy Boothroyd has agreed to become our new gafferMy source is a guy at work who is good mates with a few of the players.2 senior players told him this info yesterday

Clearly an unimpeachable source!!!!!!

I''ve no idea when the right time is. I''m just sharing what I''ve been told with you. These are the facts I know.

1) My source  is good friends with 2 senior players at the club

2) One of these players told him yesterday that Boothroyd is going to be the new gaffer and it''ll be announced today at 8:45am

3)I''ve spoken to my source again today after there was no major announcement and he assured me that the info is still correct but the club are just waitin for the right moment to announce it

I believe what my source is telling me and really hope that it''s the truth

Time will tell, but I wouldn''t keep posting this if I didn''t believe it to be correct

Why would I want to make myself look a dick by posting utter tosh???

I hope you are correct sadlerman. I have always thought Boothroyd would get the job and that the delay is sorting out his coaching staff before the official announcement.

For example malky would have to have clearance from Watford.

I also hope the Worthy debacle may be due to Doncaster trying to do everything by the book because he wants the FA job and he tried too hard. ie Perhaps Worthy really was contacted for a ref re Boothroyd. No? I''ll get my coat!

[quote user="sadlerman"]

Why would I want to make myself look a dick by posting utter tosh???

[/quote]

Why indeed ?

Just one point, if it''s common knowledge among the players and has leaked out publicly ,  why are the bookies still taking bets on him ?

the players dont know any more info than the fans do. i''m sure they''ve all got their favourite''s for the job, equally there will be some names that are definitely not welcome.

[quote user="Bury Yellow"]I hope you are correct sadlerman. I have always thought Boothroyd would get the job and that the delay is sorting out his coaching staff before the official announcement. For example malky would have to have clearance from Watford. I also hope the Worthy debacle may be due to Doncaster trying to do everything by the book because he wants the FA job and he tried too hard. ie Perhaps Worthy really was contacted for a ref re Boothroyd. No? I''ll get my coat![/quote]

Why should that stop him taking the job now? Surely, he would want to be involved for the Barnsley game?

Roeder didn''t have anyone with him for a couple of weeks and certainly Stephenson wasn''t appointed for sometime!