Sign in to follow this  
shefcanary

Gunn in charge on bench, but who will be in charge on the pitch

i hope drury isn''t even on the bench i think that he is an accident prone, useless waste of space the number of times ive seen him cost us a game. i''d like clingan as captain

[quote user="The_Puppet_Man172"]i hope drury isn''t even on the bench i think that he is an accident prone, useless waste of space the number of times ive seen him cost us a game. i''d like clingan as captain
[/quote]

You obviously dont get out much .............he is our best full back by a country mile ..............you muppet !

Clingan for captain would be a good shout. Not sure how loud and motivational he is but he does stick out as the main player who could get the team organized

I can''t see Gunny changing skippers. Fozzy will be if he plays and Doc if he doesn''t. At the minute, it seems like Doc is one of the few actually making an effort!

It should be interesting tomorrow as I would imagine a few of the potential candidates will be watching the game to get an early judgement on their potential players. Boothroyd & Dowie have been managing in this division this year so will have something of an idea of what we are about - Dowie was apparently at the Sheff Utd game.

Drury  had a problem when Hucks played in front of him  having to do the work of two  but having Bell there is even worse  he does track forward or back  keeping Drury under pressure  all the time  and this season is a better option than  plastic Bertie

[quote user="Stevie Wonder"]

I can''t see Gunny changing skippers. Fozzy will be if he plays and Doc if he doesn''t. At the minute, it seems like Doc is one of the few actually making an effort!

It should be interesting tomorrow as I would imagine a few of the potential candidates will be watching the game to get an early judgement on their potential players. Boothroyd & Dowie have been managing in this division this year so will have something of an idea of what we are about - Dowie was apparently at the Sheff Utd game.

[/quote]

dowie was doing the commentry for skysports, thats all.

[quote user="kaiman"][quote user="Stevie Wonder"]

[/quote]

dowie was doing the commentry for skysports, thats all.

[/quote]

I guessed he was, my point was that he will have seen us recently so will know some of the "issues". Wasn''t suggesting he was being lined up (and bloody well hope he isn''t!!).

[quote user="shefcanary"]Come on, just who will be captain tomorrow.  I think either Rusell or Drury.  Probably the latter.[/quote]

When Drury was captain, the responsibility seemed to burden him. I''m not sure about us having many natural born leaders on the pitch but Clingan does seem to stand out...

In response to this question I''d like to recite a small poem.

Carl Cort by Mr B. Eaker

Carly boy, Carly boy is this for real,

I still can''t believe we got you on a steal.

You are by far the worst ever seen,

But i shink you should captain our football team.

I''m hoping Gunny might actually start Bell on the right, or at least the right sided centre midfielder.Left side/winger, FFS Roeder, that wasn''t one of your better ideas!Would like-Marshall, Semi, Grounds, Doc, Drury, Croft, Bell, Sammy, Wes, Lupoli, JC....take the game to Barnsley!

[quote user="Old Shuck"]I''m hoping Gunny might actually start Bell on the right, or at least the right sided centre midfielder.Left side/winger, FFS Roeder, that wasn''t one of your better ideas!Would like-Marshall, Semi, Grounds, Doc, Drury, Croft, Bell, Sammy, Wes, Lupoli, JC....take the game to Barnsley![/quote]Glad you didn''t put a comma in there!![:O][:O]

The club have employed the people that set up the voting equipment for who wants to be a millionaire, every seat will have 11 buttons next to it, so the fans can choose.  So much easier than all this protesting guff.

[quote user="astrodyne"][quote user="Old Shuck"]I''m hoping Gunny might actually start Bell on the right, or at least the right sided centre midfielder.Left side/winger, FFS Roeder, that wasn''t one of your better ideas!Would like-Marshall, Semi, Grounds, Doc, Drury, Croft, Bell, Sammy, Wes, Lupoli, JC....take the game to Barnsley![/quote]Glad you didn''t put a comma in there!![:O][:O][/quote]i dunno gunn in goal. fly crook in from australia and get adams  aswell. it would be like old times

Think I''ve given up with the captaincy lark.  We''ve had so many since we got promoted and nobody has really delivered - not even stalwarts like Fleming or Docherty.  It really is up for grabs should Fozzy lose it, but I haven''t got a clue who will fit the bill.