Sign in to follow this  
Gentleman Jim

Ince is now favourite . . . . .

Ah well judging by the response I take it Ince isn''t welcome here although some of the objections are a bit irrational I feel, shame really cos I thought he would have done well for us.

Good job we found out in time, the fans wouldn''t have given him a chance. Take note Delia et al.

[quote user="whoareyou?"]

I find it hard to understand the arguments some of you have against Ince. He was a top player and played at the highest level with Liverpool, ManuRe and Inter Milan.

I`m sorry but where does it state that top players make top managers?

He was and is an arrogant to**er and failed at Blackburn WITH a pot to spend. How the hell is he going to succeed with an empty pot here?

[quote user="McCanary"]

[quote user="nu_matik"]thats what i heard, but its not an issue with me.am i going to be made out be racist here?as i can categorically deny it.i was just informed by other fans of his previous teams that they thought he had a chip on his shoulder about the colour of his skin...something i certainly do not.i now appreciate this obviousy not the place to discuss stuff like this.sorry.[/quote]

Go easy on yourself ,mate. I don`t think you meant to upset anyone. You haven`t offended me.

[/quote]Cheers, but its always a worry offending people on such topics,should have known better than to bring it up really.apologies.anyway...my reasons for not wanting ince here are a little more substantial... i dont think he is that different in temperament from roeder.thats why im pro boothroyd/mckayas they are positive people and know the club very well.ine just comes across as n00b.which he is.

[quote user="McCanary"][quote user="whoareyou?"]

I find it hard to understand the arguments some of you have against Ince. He was a top player and played at the highest level with Liverpool, ManuRe and Inter Milan.

I`m sorry but where does it state that top players make top managers?

He was and is an arrogant to**er and failed at Blackburn WITH a pot to spend. How the hell is he going to succeed with an empty pot here?

[/quote]

Not sure what happened there??

paul ince

theres only one paul ince

paul ince

ledge

he will put his heart n soul into the club, you will soon come to love the bloke

will get the biggest cheer on the match when incey walks out at molineux next month

[quote user="we8wba"]

paul ince

paul ince

ledge

he will put his heart n soul into the club, you will soon come to love the bloke

will get the biggest cheer on the match when incey walks out at molineux next month

[/quote]do you know somethign we dont we8wba?:)

[quote user="McCanary"]

[quote user="nu_matik"]thats what i heard, but its not an issue with me.am i going to be made out be racist here?as i can categorically deny it.i was just informed by other fans of his previous teams that they thought he had a chip on his shoulder about the colour of his skin...something i certainly do not.i now appreciate this obviousy not the place to discuss stuff like this.sorry.[/quote]

Go easy on yourself ,mate. I don`t think you meant to upset anyone. You haven`t offended me.

[/quote]Agree, nothing racist in your post mate, your just stating a fact of what HE has said.

Well we all want more investment or a new owner, and if Ince was to come here, I think these things would be much more forthcomming. It would be a pretty big statement after all - one that would be on par with appointing Curbishley.

Yes, I''d take him. A lot of the baggage surrounding him is perceived, both the Macclesfield and MK Dons players loved playing for him, and he got them playing. He is a motivator and a leader, exactly what we need. I do think at Blackburn, with Premiership players and internationals, he may have come onboard thinking he had to shout the odds, hit the ground running and impose himself on the squad and club in a big way, and straight away-after all, he was following on from Mark Hughes, who had a great spell there and was very respected, both at Blackburn, and in the game in general. Lot of pressure and expectation, maybe he went about it the wrong way, maybe he went in too deep, too quick, and was fighting a bit of a lone battle from then on in?He obviously felt needed to be surrounded by "his" players, he got Keith Andrews in from MK Dons, and, with respect to Andrews, he maybe isn''t a Premiership player-certainly the Blackburn players don''t think so, neither, I think, does Big Sam. Wouldn''t surprise me, therefore, if he came here, he went to get him (Andrews) in on loan.If he did well and got "poached" by a bigger club, well, it would mean that we were successful, so I''d take that as well. Lets say he gets us promoted and, in our first season back in the Prem, by Christmas we''re 10th and doing OK-so off he goes! Well, we''re in the Prem, we''re 10th, we''re doing OK and we''ll have some quality applicants, so.....I think we''d take that, it happened with Mike Walker after all.Of course, all of the above is completely hypothetical as there is no way the club will even entertain inviting him for interview, let alone him being interested anyway.The job is Gunny''s to lose, him and a more experienced man as his number 2 and head coach, and I would be very surprised indeed, if, by Monday, Gunny''s tenure hasn''t been extended to the end of the season. If that ends up with us staying up-its his. So forget the odds and disregard them being so short that betting has been suspended, if they''re all that confident, ask on the odds on Ince NOT being next Norwich Manager, they should be generous and put it on that!

[quote user="the1englishman"][quote user="McCanary"]

[/quote]Agree, nothing racist in your post mate, your just stating a fact of what HE has said.[/quote]Good, im glad you can see that :)i can see the point though, that having someone like ince would see a bit more of a chance of investment.

[quote user="the1englishman"][quote user="McCanary"]

[quote user="nu_matik"]
thats what i heard, but its not an issue with me.
am i going to be made out be racist here?
as i can categorically deny it.
i was just informed by other fans of his previous teams that they thought he had a chip on his shoulder about the colour of his skin...
something i certainly do not.
i now appreciate this obviousy not the place to discuss stuff like this.
sorry.
[/quote]

[/quote]

Agree, nothing racist in your post mate, your just stating a fact of what HE has said.
[/quote]

Suggest you read the originnal post, nothing to with what HE said but what he MIGHT say if given the push.  I  am not offended Nu Matik, all I`m  in really saying is if you have a genuine footballing reason for not wanting Paul Ince great, but better to avoid bringing in hypotheticals about what he  may do if he`s ultimately sacked. No hard feelings, but a suggestion from someone who  has  do deal with these things fairly often.

[quote user="wolfie"][quote user="the1englishman"][quote user="McCanary"]

[/quote]Agree, nothing racist in your post mate, your just stating a fact of what HE has said.[/quote]

ok. thats all fair enough...

lesson learned.

can we forget it now?

Suggest you read the originnal post, nothing to with what HE said but what he MIGHT say if given the push.  I  am not offended Nu Matik, all I`m  in really saying is if you have a genuine footballing reason for not wanting Paul Ince great, but better to avoid bringing in hypotheticals about what he  may do if he`s ultimately sacked. No hard feelings, but a suggestion from someone who  has  do deal with these things fairly often.

[/quote]

[quote user="Old Shuck"]
Yes, I''d take him. A lot of the baggage surrounding him is perceived, both the Macclesfield and MK Dons players loved playing for him, and he got them playing. He is a motivator and a leader, exactly what we need. I do think at Blackburn, with Premiership players and internationals, he may have come onboard thinking he had to shout the odds, hit the ground running and impose himself on the squad and club in a big way, and straight away-after all, he was following on from Mark Hughes, who had a great spell there and was very respected, both at Blackburn, and in the game in general. Lot of pressure and expectation, maybe he went about it the wrong way, maybe he went in too deep, too quick, and was fighting a bit of a lone battle from then on in?

He obviously felt needed to be surrounded by "his" players, he got Keith Andrews in from MK Dons, and, with respect to Andrews, he maybe isn''t a Premiership player-certainly the Blackburn players don''t think so, neither, I think, does Big Sam. Wouldn''t surprise me, therefore, if he came here, he went to get him (Andrews) in on loan.

If he did well and got "poached" by a bigger club, well, it would mean that we were successful, so I''d take that as well. Lets say he gets us promoted and, in our first season back in the Prem, by Christmas we''re 10th and doing OK-so off he goes! Well, we''re in the Prem, we''re 10th, we''re doing OK and we''ll have some quality applicants, so.....I think we''d take that, it happened with Mike Walker after all.

Of course, all of the above is completely hypothetical as there is no way the club will even entertain inviting him for interview, let alone him being interested anyway.

The job is Gunny''s to lose, him and a more experienced man as his number 2 and head coach, and I would be very surprised indeed, if, by Monday, Gunny''s tenure hasn''t been extended to the end of the season. If that ends up with us staying up-its his. So forget the odds and disregard them being so short that betting has been suspended, if they''re all that confident, ask on the odds on Ince NOT being next Norwich Manager, they should be generous and put it on that!
[/quote]

I admire Gunny not only for what he did on the pitch but more for the wonderful efforts he has made in aid of the cancer appeal following the death of his daughter, but I would be very surprised indeed if he ended up being given the job until the end of the season. Can you imagine the flak the board would get for appointing someone with no experience whatsoever if we went down, I just don''t see them taking such a big risk on Gunny and I have to say that as much as I admire the guy I''d be disappointed if that''s the route they decide to take.

[quote user="kdncfc"]

I admire Gunny not only for what he did on the pitch but more for the wonderful efforts he has made in aid of the cancer appeal following the death of his daughter, but I would be very surprised indeed if he ended up being given the job until the end of the season. Can you imagine the flak the board would get for appointing someone with no experience whatsoever if we went down, I just don''t see them taking such a big risk on Gunny and I have to say that as much as I admire the guy I''d be disappointed if that''s the route they decide to take.

[/quote]

Gunny won''t get the job.  I''m not sure he''d even want to do that on a permanent basis.  But for a few games?  Maybe.  I keep thinking of Trevor Brooking doing the same at West Ham (ironically for Glenn Roeder when he was ill) and almost keeping them up despite not having much experience on the bench.

I''d have him, maybe Blackburn was a step too far too quickly, but he done well in his previous 2 jobs, so he has to be considered. He played some decent football at MK and was quite tactical astute, well that''s my mates view.

Ince all the way for me, purely for the fact he learnt most of his trade under Ferguson. Plus he wasnt really given a fair crack at the whip at Blackburn.

Ince is just another Roeder. He will split the dressing room just as quickly as Roeder did and needlessly criticise others.