Sign in to follow this  
......and Smith must score.

That emergency Board meeting ? ......the fun never ends.

It seems an eternity since Glenn Roeder was shown the door and no doubt I''ll be told to '' move on  '', get a life '', etc, but with all the other '' loony tune '' stuff going on at Carrow Road what the hell .......

Late on Tuesday evening this message board was tipped off by Tipster that following the Charlton debacle an emergency Board meeting was in progress at the ground. A lively debate on here left the matter unresolved.

The next day on video up pops Archant''s Chris Lakey to assure us that no such meeting took place until Wednesday morning.

Finally the cheery Mick Dennis appears in today''s '' Daily Express '' with a description of the ''Fall of the Roeder Empire '' so lurid that the last days in the Third Reich bunker sound positively jolly compared to what apparently took place in the hapless Board''s bolt-hole. It all sounded so desperate I was surprised there was no mention of the Club Doctor dispensing cyanide capsules to all those present. With the crowd becoming increasingly restless during the game and with a howling mob baying for blood in the street outside afterwards he writes, and I quote :

"........... Next to me in the directors’ box, Wynn Jones’s mood fluctuated between impotent fury and fatalistic despair. Later, in the lounge, he looked utterly forlorn.

He repeatedly telephoned his wife but the line was busy............. Wynn Jones and Munby talked in whispers and then disappeared somewhere. Neither of the other directors – businessman Michael Foulger and chief executive Neil Doncaster – was present in the lounge. An emergency meeting was obviously taking place. Presumably Delia had been reached by phone. "

Now I''m not normally one to believe everything that the Club''s unofficial Propoganda Minister utters but it seems likely that in this case he is spot on.

Perhaps there was a good reason for Delia''s absence.........she''d been smuggled up to North Norfolk in hat and dark glasses on a daring mission to cosy up to dear old Nigel Worthington in the hope that he would be the saviour of those still trapped in the Carrow Road bunker.

there''s too many letters there for me too read at this time of night.

could you please PM me with that post so i can browse through it at my leisure at it seems vaguely boring

. thanks my old bean

x x x

There''s difference between an EBM and a ''meeting''.  If Delia wasn''t there it was impossible to have an EBM without her.  It is possible to have a meeting with a quorum to decide to have an EBM the following day to sort it out.  The Mick Dennis'' article and The Board''s timeline fits.

Dick menice did say this meeting didn''t take place until they had delia on the phone so a EBM could have taken place.

I''m more interested in who Tipster may be as he appears to have been bang on. [;)][;)]

[quote user="IncH_HigH"]

Dick menice did say this meeting didn''t take place until they had delia on the phone so a EBM could have taken place.

I''m more interested in who Tipster may be as he appears to have been bang on. [;)][;)]

[/quote]I doubt it, she drove from Stomarket  in what time? All before Tipster posted before 11pm.  I reckon Tipster ''may have been tipped,  but wrongly assumed it was an EBM. 

Hallejulah!So people finally start to see that Tipster was a tw*t who got lucky trying to wind people up.  From the inside, the man in the bunker, we hear nothing organised, just of Munby etc bowing to the inveitable and going off for a conversation.  NOBODY was ringing out to say there was a board meeting, NOBODY was in the know to tip anyone off.Tipster I called you out and with the Dennis and Lakey stories its really starting to look like you are as full of sh*t as that cook with a few sherries in her.[quote user="......and Smith must score."]

It seems an eternity since Glenn Roeder was shown the door and no doubt I''ll be told to '' move on  '', get a life '', etc, but with all the other '' loony tune '' stuff going on at Carrow Road what the hell .......

Late on Tuesday evening this message board was tipped off by Tipster that following the Charlton debacle an emergency Board meeting was in progress at the ground. A lively debate on here left the matter unresolved.

The next day on video up pops Archant''s Chris Lakey to assure us that no such meeting took place until Wednesday morning.

Finally the cheery Mick Dennis appears in today''s '' Daily Express '' with a description of the ''Fall of the Roeder Empire '' so lurid that the last days in the Third Reich bunker sound positively jolly compared to what apparently took place in the hapless Board''s bolt-hole. It all sounded so desperate I was surprised there was no mention of the Club Doctor dispensing cyanide capsules to all those present. With the crowd becoming increasingly restless during the game and with a howling mob baying for blood in the street outside afterwards he writes, and I quote :

"........... Next to me in the directors’ box, Wynn Jones’s mood fluctuated between impotent fury and fatalistic despair. Later, in the lounge, he looked utterly forlorn.He repeatedly telephoned his wife but the line was busy............. Wynn Jones and Munby talked in whispers and then disappeared somewhere. Neither of the other directors – businessman Michael Foulger and chief executive Neil Doncaster – was present in the lounge. An emergency meeting was obviously taking place. Presumably Delia had been reached by phone. "

Now I''m not normally one to believe everything that the Club''s unofficial Propoganda Minister utters but it seems likely that in this case he is spot on.

Perhaps there was a good reason for Delia''s absence.........she''d been smuggled up to North Norfolk in hat and dark glasses on a daring mission to cosy up to dear old Nigel Worthington in the hope that he would be the saviour of those still trapped in the Carrow Road bunker.

[/quote]

Never heard of VPN''s, video conferencing etc.

A decent notebook and the meeting COULD take place,she would not have to be there in person and the Club do have  facilitys (They did 5 years ago)

Just a thought, not saying it happened but technology is a wonderful thing.

[quote user="renegade tootsie"]Hallejulah!So people finally start to see that Tipster was a tw*t who got lucky trying to wind people up.  From the inside, the man in the bunker, we hear nothing organised, just of Munby etc bowing to the inveitable and going off for a conversation.  NOBODY was ringing out to say there was a board meeting, NOBODY was in the know to tip anyone off.Tipster I called you out and with the Dennis and Lakey stories its really starting to look like you are as full of sh*t as that cook with a few sherries in her.[quote user="......and Smith must score."]

"........... Next to me in the directors’ box, Wynn Jones’s mood fluctuated between impotent fury and fatalistic despair. Later, in the lounge, he looked utterly forlorn.He repeatedly telephoned his wife but the line was busy............. Wynn Jones and Munby talked in whispers and then disappeared somewhere. Neither of the other directors – businessman Michael Foulger and chief executive Neil Doncaster – was present in the lounge. An emergency meeting was obviously taking place. Presumably Delia had been reached by phone. "

[/quote][/quote]Hold on. If they had been talking in whispers and hadn''t spoken to anyone, but it was obvious to Mr Dennis that an emergency meeting was taking place then why could it not be obvious to anyone else?

[quote user="renegade tootsie"]Hallejulah!So people finally start to see that Tipster was a tw*t who got lucky trying to wind people up.  From the inside, the man in the bunker, we hear nothing organised, just of Munby etc bowing to the inveitable and going off for a conversation.  NOBODY was ringing out to say there was a board meeting, NOBODY was in the know to tip anyone off.Tipster I called you out and with the Dennis and Lakey stories its really starting to look like you are as full of sh*t as that cook with a few sherries in her.[quote user="......and Smith must score."]

[/quote][/quote]are you from the shallow end of the gene pool tootsie? it says in the red writing above that there WAS an EMERGENCY meeting from someone else who was behind the scenes at the time - mick dennis.

[quote user="renegade tootsie"]Hallejulah!

So people finally start to see that Tipster was a tw*t who got lucky trying to wind people up. 

From the inside, the man in the bunker, we hear nothing organised, just of Munby etc bowing to the inveitable and going off for a conversation.  NOBODY was ringing out to say there was a board meeting, NOBODY was in the know to tip anyone off.

Tipster I called you out and with the Dennis and Lakey stories its really starting to look like you are as full of sh*t as that cook with a few sherries in her.

[quote user="......and Smith must score."]

"........... Next to me in the directors’ box, Wynn Jones’s mood fluctuated between impotent fury and fatalistic despair. Later, in the lounge, he looked utterly forlorn.

He repeatedly telephoned his wife but the line was busy............. Wynn Jones and Munby talked in whispers and then disappeared somewhere. Neither of the other directors – businessman Michael Foulger and chief executive Neil Doncaster – was present in the lounge. An emergency meeting was obviously taking place. Presumably Delia had been reached by phone. "

[/quote][/quote]

Er........ well actually no, Toots.

What I''m trying to say here is that NCFC''s unofficial Propoganda Minister - Mick Dennis - is saying that there WAS an emergency Board meeting on Tuesday evening. Delia wasn''t physically there but had been informed of it - and agreed to it - by ''phone.

Surely it''s clear in what was written by Mick Dennis ? ( the bit highlighted in red )

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="renegade tootsie"]Hallejulah!So people finally start to see that Tipster was a tw*t who got lucky trying to wind people up.  From the inside, the man in the bunker, we hear nothing organised, just of Munby etc bowing to the inveitable and going off for a conversation.  NOBODY was ringing out to say there was a board meeting, NOBODY was in the know to tip anyone off.Tipster I called you out and with the Dennis and Lakey stories its really starting to look like you are as full of sh*t as that cook with a few sherries in her.[quote user="......and Smith must score."]

[/quote][/quote]

What I''m trying to say here is that NCFC''s unofficial Propoganda Minister - Mick Dennis - is saying that there WAS an emergency Board meeting on Tuesday evening. Delia wasn''t physically there but had been informed of it - and agreed to it - by ''phone.

Surely it''s clear in what was written by Mick Dennis ? ( the bit highlighted in red )

[/quote]No he''s not, he''s saying  ''An emergency meeting was obviously taking place''

[quote user="Darren Butt-Head"][quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="renegade tootsie"]Hallejulah!

So people finally start to see that Tipster was a tw*t who got lucky trying to wind people up. 

From the inside, the man in the bunker, we hear nothing organised, just of Munby etc bowing to the inveitable and going off for a conversation.  NOBODY was ringing out to say there was a board meeting, NOBODY was in the know to tip anyone off.

Tipster I called you out and with the Dennis and Lakey stories its really starting to look like you are as full of sh*t as that cook with a few sherries in her.

[/quote][/quote]

[/quote]

No he''s not, he''s saying  ''An emergency meeting was obviously taking place''

[/quote]

Agreed, Mick Dennis hasn''t actually used the word '' Board '' in his piece but it''s clear that''s what he means. 

Next thing on here someone will be saying that the Board members present that night - all male - decided to go off for a pee together at the same time but unluckily got locked in the gents and convened a meeting to decide how to get out.....

[quote user="IncH_HigH"]

[/quote]

Are you forgetting that we had just lost to a team that hadnt won in 18 games on home grass? Kind of signals the end of any managers tenure does that. It was a bloody guess.

I think the person who posted the news about the board meeting got the news from Wrath of the Barclay. And it wasn''t a lucky guess on there.

[/quote]Ha!  Like "Downfall" the movie, only real...I reckon Munby and Wynn Jones had nipped off to go "two''s up" on a ciggy.