Sign in to follow this  
jon francis

KEVIN HARPER

Did anyone see the news of the world on sunday. Its gone a bit quiet lately since his injury but apparently pompey want 300 grand for super kev. Now surely if we cant get Hucks all though of course we all hope we can then just maybe we should start concentrating on securing Kevins services and getting crouchy til the end of the season and just maybe this could be the bit of class which we need to get us up. Coz we all no Harper was a crucial player in pompeys promotion campaighn last season so what do you think. Surely 300 grand is a bargain cos hes a class act.

absolutely - i read that too and couldn''t agree more. as i''ve said somewhere else, if we can''t get DH then keeping the other two would be almost as good. they can both bring a great deal to the team, Harps seems very keen too, even if it will mean we have a surplus of right sided midfielders. But it still provides options such as freeing up Rivers to see if he can do something as a striker as well as allowing continued measured introduction of Henderson and Jarvis.

...and one more thing, i''m just as worried about DH playing for one of our rivals as him not playing for us. I really hope someone like Wolves, Leicester or Southampton (did strachan manage him at Coventry?) come in for him. If Strachan did have him at Coventry he can''t fail to be intersted as a) Southampton are looking seriously clueless at the mo and b) he will remember what he did while he was at Coventry and that he''s still only 27 - he was on the fringe of the England team back then and i for one was always calling for him to be given a go.