Sign in to follow this  
McCanary

" The board have resigned" - what`s the next step????

[quote user="Evil Monkey"][quote user="Mr.Carrow"]But "driving them out" is not a reality, they have to sell their shares to someone.  All i`m saying is that if the majority make it known they want them to sell, interested parties would be far more likely to show their hand and D and M would be far more likely to sell.  If there is genuinely no-one interested then they cannot sell their shares and we have to deal with it.  If we stick with the status quo we will probably never know who might have been waiting to take over.[/quote]
I don''t really understand how us fans making it known we want them to sell will have any more influence on anyone coming in than the simple fact that the board have appointed Keith Harris and Orvill Holdings (or whatever it is) to sell the club or seek investment on their behalf.  Surely if someone was interested they could come in, make an offer and then see what sort of reaction they get after making the details public.  Cullum has achieved near God-like status in some people''s eyes and yet we still have no idea of what actually happened last year.  If someone was serious they should make themselves known first and they''ll likely find the fans on their side. 

Its like that WUM last week who was claiming that he was asking, on behalf of a super-secret consortium, what the fans would think of such a move before deciding whether or not to go ahead.  Its back-to-front thinking, which is why no one bought it.

If there is a Geoffrey Watling figure having a word in the ear of Delia saying ''here love, sell me your shares and I''ll get us all out of this mess'' then they''re keeping bloody quiet about it..............
[/quote]

EM, i think that you, Shortfatb and McCanary have made some really good points on this thread.  I guess it`s just one of those situations where we all have strong opinions but they are not really backed up with much substance.  I mean Cullum MIGHT have thought that by going public he was making a takeover inevitable, but in truth the reaction was predictably split.  That in turn MIGHT have made other interested parties think "hang on, there`s still alot of support for the current regime out there" which makes their bargaining position much weaker.  Launching a takeover when you have serious doubts as to whether you have majority support won`t happen IMO.

Also, i think D and M would sell up.....to a City supporting cross between Abramovich and Mother Theresa who is willing to give them good money for their shares.  Other than that i think the club is their life, they are still feted as saviours, there has been little to show them that supporters are unhappy with their tenure, apparently all the clubs problems are down to player wages and the iniquities within football (ie.absolving them of any responsibility) so why on earth should they go?

As much as i respect the thoughtfulness of many of the contributions on here, i think that to an interested nuetral it would come across as prevaricating and chin-stroking whilst the ship goes down.