Sign in to follow this  
McCanary

" The board have resigned" - what`s the next step????

So you turn on the radio and hear this statement.

Who is going to take over? Where is the next saviour of the club going to come from?

There`s no Mr Watling around now!

Simple questions......discuss

The first thing I''d do is jump for joy as much as I would if we had won the premiership. If that did happen I''m sure that Cullum would step in and buy the club at a knockdown price just as the Smiths did all them years ago

[quote user="kdncfc"]The first thing I''d do is jump for joy as much as I would if we had won the premiership. If that did happen I''m sure that Cullum would step in and buy the club at a knockdown price just as the Smiths did all them years ago[/quote]

And then you can lie on your back in the sunshine watching the herds of flying pigs while the administrators take over and start selling off the club''s assets.

[quote user="kdncfc"]The first thing I''d do is jump for joy as much as I would if we had won the premiership. If that did happen I''m sure that Cullum would step in and buy the club at a knockdown price just as the Smiths did all them years ago[/quote]

What makes you so sure that Cullum will "step in"? Apart from a couple of lines in the EDP there is no guarantee?

So what then?  Bernard Matthews??

[quote user="McCanary"]

What makes you so sure that Cullum will "step in"? Apart from a couple of lines in the EDP there is no guarantee?

So what then?  Bernard Matthews??

[/quote]

No one can be sure he''ll step in but we were in exactly the same situation when Delia arrived but that didn''t stop the fans driving Chase out, anyway Cullum has already said he wouldn''t let the club go under and I''d rather take a chance on that happening rather than let the clueless fools continue to ruin our club.

[quote]No one can be sure he''ll step in but we were in exactly the same

situation when Delia arrived but that didn''t stop the fans driving

Chase out...[/quote]History teaches us one thing - that man never learns from his mistakes.

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote]No one can be sure he''ll step in but we were in exactly the same situation when Delia arrived but that didn''t stop the fans driving Chase out...[/quote]

History teaches us one thing - that man never learns from his mistakes.
[/quote]

How true Blahx3

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote]No one can be sure he''ll step in but we were in exactly the same situation when Delia arrived but that didn''t stop the fans driving Chase out...[/quote]

History teaches us one thing - that man never learns from his mistakes.
[/quote]

What like backing those clueless morons on the board to the hilt, mistake after mistake after mistake, as the club spirals ever downward.....??[:|]

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"]

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote]No one can be sure he''ll step in but we were in exactly the same situation when Delia arrived but that didn''t stop the fans driving Chase out...[/quote]History teaches us one thing - that man never learns from his mistakes.[/quote]

What like backing those clueless morons on the board to the hilt, mistake after mistake after mistake, as the club spirals ever downward.....??[:|]

[/quote]You''re right Mr Carrow.  We should get some more clueless morons with no experience of running a club in.  Tell you what, let''s go stand outside the club and get all shouty.  Can you get Wiz to dive in front of a horse ?  Then his place in the countys'' folklore will be secure.

So from the level of constructive response on here, one person thinks Cullum will ride in with all lights blazing to save us, and noone else is bothered or has any other ideas.

That`s a bit scary !

Or indicative of shoot first ask questions later   [:^)]

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"]

[/quote]

Ok so we agree that the board have made mistakes.

Who is going to take over if they go?

It`s so easy to demand change...but change to what? or who?

Totally agree with Kdncfc one hundred per cent if this board continue we will end up in administration anyway!. Until this shambolic bunch of losers leave the club things are not going to improve, face the facts!

I''ve been trying to make this point for months. We are not Man Utd or Liverpool whom potential investors would jump in to save at a moment''s notice. We are a provincial club with barely any history of success, and despite our high gates we have some of the lowest ticket prices around - even Colchester charge more than us - and the locals do not have the money to say, ''do a Portsmouth'' and have our season tickets go up by 33% overnight. Potential investors would have been sniffing round us in 2004/2005, and even if rebuked by the board, would have made it public to get the fans onside.

We must accept reality - we are not an attractive proposition, despite what some of the more deluded of us think.

[quote user="Gazza"]

Totally agree with Kdncfc one hundred per cent if this board continue we will end up in administration anyway!. Until this shambolic bunch of losers leave the club things are not going to improve, face the facts!

[/quote]

So nothing to add then? I think it is generally agreed that there are " issues" with the board  [:)] .

The question is - what is the next step if they go?

[quote user="Gazza"]

[quote user="We Want Worthy Back"]I disagree, and on a different issue, Mr Cullum is all talk and no action.[/quote]

Like Delia is all talk and action?!?!?!?!?! NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[/quote]Errrm...she has put several million in so far...Dear old Mr. C has yet to proffer a single, solitary bean - even as a ''loan'' - and has been hit hard by the whole ''credit crunch'' thingy that everyone keeps banging on about.

[quote user="McCanary"][quote user="Gazza"]

[/quote]

So nothing to add then? I think it is generally agreed that there are " issues" with the board  [:)] .

[/quote]

PC will buy the club as he has stated if not somebody will be in the market for the club, when has a club of the size and staure of  NCFC ever gone to the wall? 

[quote user="Gazza"]

[quote user="We Want Worthy Back"]I disagree, and on a different issue, Mr Cullum is all talk and no action.[/quote]

[/quote]

Whatever you may think of her, she ( and MWJ) has/have invested considerable sums of money into the club.

All that PC has put forward is ( as yet) not tangible.

I`ll ask again.......What is the next step???

[quote user="Fat Barman"][quote user="Gazza"]

[/quote]

Errrm...she has put several million in so far...

Dear old Mr. C has yet to proffer a single, solitary bean - even as a ''loan'' - and has been hit hard by the whole ''credit crunch'' thingy that everyone keeps banging on about.
[/quote]

Does Delia want to do business with him then?, I doubt it very much even if he was the last man on earth.....

Secondly why would PC want to give them clowns his hard earned cash to make yet another mistake to add to there list or ever growing errors?!?!?!. Would you give Delia Smith your hard earned cash and trust her to move the club forward?????

She is not capable as the FACTS suggest!!!!!!!!!!!!

[quote user="Gazza"][quote user="McCanary"][quote user="Gazza"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

PC will buy the club as he has stated if not somebody will be in the market for the club, when has a club of the size and staure of  NCFC ever gone to the wall? 

[/quote]

See my above post. And if you think Roman Abramovitch is waiting in the wings, you''re mistaken. The likelihood is that someone less or no richer than Delia would take over, and we''d be in the same financial situation all over again. Your optimism is to be applauded but it is misguided.

[quote user="Beauseant"]

And then you can lie on your back in the sunshine watching the herds of flying pigs while the administrators take over and start selling off the club''s assets.

[/quote]

Total mug.

[quote user="Gazza"]

[/quote]

PC has been reported in the press as saying that he would not see the club go into administration. He did not, however cover himself in glory over the EDP stories which came to nothing.

He is also in the financial sector which, if you hadn`t noticed , is in a bit of a mess at present. I would not hold my breath waiting for him.

Which begs the question - Who else is out there??

[quote user="McCanary"][quote user="Mr.Carrow"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

All this was said when we protested against Chase.  We have no idea who might be interested, but if we make the current lot feel unwelcome then we will find out- they can`t just walk away with their money, they have to sell their shares.  In fact, we at least know the club have been approached by "several interested parties" as stated on their £56m valuation stonewall to Cullums approach, which is a damn site more than we knew in the Chase days.

I admire your persistance, McCanary, but you''ll get nowhere - I''ve been asking the likes of Smudger this very question for months - what would Delia''s sudden and immediate departure achieve without a takeover - and have simply got insults in return.  The point is, they don''t have a clue what to do next and are relying on their saviour, Mr Cullum, to step in if it happened, of which there''s no guarantee.I dislike Delia and co. as much as the next person and feel they''re to blame for our current predicament far more than any of the 3 managers we''ve had the last few seasons, but what else can we do right now without someone willing to take over?Nowt, is what... we''ll likely hire some has-been for the last few months of the season, maybe narrowly escape or maybe slide into League One where we''ll spend the next couple of years.  At what point will Cullum step in?  Probably when we''ve reached our lowest ebb and are at our cheapest - he doesn''t have the time or cash right now, he''s said as much himself.I have to say I fear that, more than ever, in the words of Lappinitup: "We''re DOOOOOOOOOOOMED!"

[quote user="McCanary"][quote user="Gazza"]

[/quote]

Whatever you may think of her, she ( and MWJ) has/have invested considerable sums of money into the club.

All that PC has put forward is ( as yet) not tangible.

I`ll ask again.......What is the next step???

[/quote]

Answered above at 11:12am!

So what do yoou propose McCanary we sit on our hands and wait till we are in admin with DS & MWJ plus in league one??

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"][quote user="McCanary"][quote user="Mr.Carrow"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

All this was said when we protested against Chase.  We have no idea who might be interested, but if we make the current lot feel unwelcome then we will find out- they can`t just walk away with their money, they have to sell their shares.  In fact, we at least know the club have been approached by "several interested parties" as stated on their £56m valuation stonewall to Cullums approach, which is a damn site more than we knew in the Chase days.

[/quote]

Spot on Mr Carrow!

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"]

[/quote]

With all due respect MrC, The financial climate was somewhat different when the fat bloke was ousted. The relative sums of money require to take on a club - any club - are massively different now as you of all people will know. The amounts of cash needed to take over are just not out there.

I think if I was jumping over a precipice, I would like to know that there was something soft to land on!! 

[quote user="Gazza"]

Answered above at 11:12am!

So what do yoou propose McCanary we sit on our hands and wait till we are in admin with DS & MWJ plus in league one??

[/quote]

I`m not proposing any answers as I don`t have any. I merely posed the question " what is the next step.

The only suggestion so far is that we get rid of the board and wait `til PC rides in to save us. That seems a little less than a concrete plan to me!

If Delia and the board leave in the next hour then we''re screwed, I agree with this point however-

we''re going down with them  in charge (going down will lead to admin. and a points deduction) anyway!!!