Sign in to follow this  
tribes

Bruce Rioch

With the "unofficial" approach made to IFA to speak to Worthy this week with regard to probable short term appointment, I have a feeling that Mr Rioch (lives in Norfolk) may be approached to do a similar job to end of season. He knows Norfolk and was the alternative put forward by Daily Mail when they suggested that Worthy was going to be approached by the club.

They got that right. It would not surprise me aat all if BR was asked to take charge until end of season.

I don''t think Rioch coming in with say, someone like Crook or Fleming as his assistant, would necessarily be the end of the world. He would steady the ship and at the same time could pass his knowledge and experience on to Crook/Flem. This could provide us with a ready-made replacement if and when Rioch''s tenure/deal ends. Plus. these are all people that "understand" Norfolk and Norwich and know what the club means to the fans. I''m not saying he would be my first choice, but I wouldn''t be too despondent if it came true.

[quote user="Grif"]I don''t think Rioch coming in with say, someone like Crook or Fleming as his assistant, would necessarily be the end of the world. He would steady the ship and at the same time could pass his knowledge and experience on to Crook/Flem. This could provide us with a ready-made replacement if and when Rioch''s tenure/deal ends. Plus. these are all people that "understand" Norfolk and Norwich and know what the club means to the fans. I''m not saying he would be my first choice, but I wouldn''t be too despondent if it came true.[/quote]

Totally agree with this.

Rioch was stitched up well and truly by certain members of the Board so that they could install that awful Irish fella and we all know how that panned out! The guy has stacks of experience and has a great affection for the club.

If Boothroyd does''nt get the nod I would not hesitate in giving it to Rioch and Malky. It was Rioch who bought Malky to the club and I think it could be a great partnership.   

[quote user="Grif"]I don''t think Rioch coming in with say, someone like Crook or Fleming as his assistant, would necessarily be the end of the world. He would steady the ship and at the same time could pass his knowledge and experience on to Crook/Flem. This could provide us with a ready-made replacement if and when Rioch''s tenure/deal ends. Plus. these are all people that "understand" Norfolk and Norwich and know what the club means to the fans. I''m not saying he would be my first choice, but I wouldn''t be too despondent if it came true.[/quote]He wouldn''t be my first choice and would much prefer a Boothroyd and long term appointment but if they do go for short-term ( which wouldn''t surprise me ) then BR would be OK.

There  is  no  logic  or  need  to  have  a  stop  gap  manager  with  plenty  of  talent  out  there  and  unemplyed. Rioch  is  yesterdays  man  who  has  no  track  record  since  leaving  us  and  was  not  a  success  when  here  first  time  around