Sign in to follow this  
sturgeon220

doncaster , managers and the fans

I was amazed how openly critical Doncaster was of Roeder and his attitude to the fans. It seems to me that this played a big part in the decision to sack him , He also said that the next manager MUST understand how importand it is to be able to comunicate with the people. There was no CONFIDENCE that anything was going to change in the next match so he had to go.  Tough talking from what is usualy a very conservative guy!

[quote user="sturgeon220"] I was amazed how openly critical Doncaster was of Roeder and his attitude to the fans. It seems to me that this played a big part in the decision to sack him , He also said that the next manager MUST understand how importand it is to be able to comunicate with the people. There was no CONFIDENCE that anything was going to change in the next match so he had to go.  Tough talking from what is usualy a very conservative guy! [/quote] this what was said  :-Revealing why the decision to fire Roeder was made, the Norwich City

chief executive pointed to a lack of respect from the manager towards

supporters.Doncaster conceded that Canaries followers found

Roeder ''arrogant, rude and dismissive'' and felt his replacement will

need to understand the Norfolk way of life.“One of the key

priorities for the manager is that he understands the importance of the

relationship between the club and its supporters and shows them the

respect that they deserve,” said Doncaster.“We received a

number of communications from supporters which suggested that they

found Glenn arrogant and rude and possibly dismissive of their opinions. “For many, many supporters they expressed to us their view that they did find Glenn''s attitude a concern.”

[quote user="sturgeon220"][quote user="sturgeon220"]
 I was amazed how openly critical Doncaster was of Roeder and his attitude to the fans. It seems to me that this played a big part in the decision to sack him , He also said that the next manager MUST understand how importand it is to be able to comunicate with the people. There was no CONFIDENCE that anything was going to change in the next match so he had to go.  Tough talking from what is usualy a very conservative guy!
[/quote] this what was said  :-
Revealing why the decision to fire Roeder was made, the Norwich City chief executive pointed to a lack of respect from the manager towards supporters.

Doncaster conceded that Canaries followers found Roeder ''arrogant, rude and dismissive'' and felt his replacement will need to understand the Norfolk way of life.

“One of the key priorities for the manager is that he understands the importance of the relationship between the club and its supporters and shows them the respect that they deserve,” said Doncaster.

“We received a number of communications from supporters which suggested that they found Glenn arrogant and rude and possibly dismissive of their opinions.

“For many, many supporters they expressed to us their view that they did find Glenn''s attitude a concern.”
[/quote]

What''s the betting that GR now uses these words as his defence of his tenure   ie "Those Norfolk folk, they just couldn''t understand the hard decisions I had to take as I drove them on to future success. If I had been given a few more years, I''d have had them in the Prem. Still, it''s their loss....... the morons"

Mark .Y.

Doncaster was openly critical of GR''s approach to fans BEFORE the Charlton game on Tuesday.

Listening to Radio Norfolk while driving to the game I was quite surprised to hear him say in a pre-match interview that Glenn had not been very wise in his AGM remarks - and that he had misjudged the mood of the fans.

I thought at the time that Glenn had lost the Board and his days were numbered.

Agree with Mark Y - not a lot that has happened this week has put Norwich or Norfolk people in a very good light.

[quote user="Mark .Y."]

[quote user="sturgeon220"][quote user="sturgeon220"]
[/quote] this what was said  :-
Revealing why the decision to fire Roeder was made, the Norwich City chief executive pointed to a lack of respect from the manager towards supporters.

Doncaster conceded that Canaries followers found Roeder ''arrogant, rude and dismissive'' and felt his replacement will need to understand the Norfolk way of life.

“One of the key priorities for the manager is that he understands the importance of the relationship between the club and its supporters and shows them the respect that they deserve,” said Doncaster.

“We received a number of communications from supporters which suggested that they found Glenn arrogant and rude and possibly dismissive of their opinions.

“For many, many supporters they expressed to us their view that they did find Glenn''s attitude a concern.”
[/quote]

What''s the betting that GR now uses these words as his defence of his tenure   ie "Those Norfolk folk, they just couldn''t understand the hard decisions I had to take as I drove them on to future success. If I had been given a few more years, I''d have had them in the Prem. Still, it''s their loss....... the morons"

Mark .Y.

[/quote]

Spot on mate, the Toad will always shuffle the blame else where but his record doesn''t lie and I''d be extremely surprised if a team above league 1 ever go in for him  as a Manager.

[quote user="old yellow bird"]

Agree with Mark Y - not a lot that has happened this week has put Norwich or Norfolk people in a very good light.[/quote]Disagree with that.  What have Norwich or Norfolk people done other than complained about the quality and attitude of a very well-paid man who was supposed to play a key role in restoring some of the region''s pride?

Mister Chops I agree with you - looking at it from where I am we we haven''t done anything that should put us in a bad light.

From outside the county things are looking different - although not as extreme as in Mr Dennis''s cringeworthy article.

I have family around the country who have reported some fairly negative stuff flying around - and OK we may not care, but we are in the position of trying to recruit a new manager.

Most likely didn''t express myself clearly - in too much of a pre-match Saturday morning rush..................

Roeder  was  a  PR  disaster  with  his  interaction  with  the  fans  and  weird  decisions  around  the  team. The  only  way  someone  can  survive  that  is  success  and  he  has  been  far  from  successful  other than  the  13  game  unbeaten  run  last  season