Sign in to follow this  
blacko

Huckerby still injured

This is a worry to me because it seems to have gone on for a while now and he will clearly not be at full fitness for the start of the season.

Nigel keeps saying its nothing to worry about, but its hard not too. Keep your fingers crossed.

Must say this is a concern for me too. It''s all well and good to say ''we must get him right''. But how serious is the injury?

Hmm, I remember this with Brennan, and with other players before him. Worthy says ''its just a little niggle... more time... etc...'' and this goes on for weeks. Then he says ''missed lots of pre-season... not fit...'' and they don''t play.

I want to see him playing and fit, but I guess its hard to predict how long it''ll take to ''get right''.

Grrrr

Why is it that as soon as a player gets injured at Norwich, that everyone says he has had a bust up with Worthy? Brennan got the same treatment last season I seem to recall........don''t read into it so deeply, Worthy just doesn''t want to risk Hux unnecessarily.

As Nigel has said he will definitely not play at Coventry I am getting even more worried. He will need sharpness for the season start and time is marching on.

Apparently Huckerby was quoted before going to Malyasia that, for him, the trip wasn''t the best preporations for the new season. Subsequently he went and didn''t play a game because he was "injured". Now he''s come back and still hasn''t played. Worrying.

DDiM,

I think I remember reading an article with Huckerby, and what you say he was quoted on does sound familiar. I agree that his absence is worrying.

A forward line of Svennson & McKenzie with Bentle providing the service looks ok to me. We are also planning to sign another striker and Hux will be back.

I dont get all this falling out nonsense. I am sure that Hux appreciates the importance of sponsership in relation to his wages. He must notice that a lot of other clubs are doing what we have done (Man U ect). He wants to play in the Prem and prove a point to a few people.

IF a disagreement happened then it will be sorted (these sort of things happen all the time). Worthy knows the importance of Hux to the club and Hux knows the importance of the club to his career.