Sign in to follow this  
The Chirp

Norwich 4 - Barnsley 0

Absolutely fantastic effort, just what was needed....what''s the betting that Gunn is involved in the new coaching set up somehow? I bet his odds are shortening as we speak!

what a great result, well done lads........where does this leave Gunn now?[:|] Derby, Charlton, Southampton all lost.........superb stuff!

obviously, you were not at the game today?

Barnsley were sh*te. This was not the start of a surge up the table..

yes, but i think under roeder we would have lost this! we played much better than we did against forest! and forest despite their current run aren''t better than barnsley!

[quote user="seat124"]

[/quote]

thanks for that, wanna come and p*ss on out bonfires?

The opposition are as good as you make them look.

Christ, you can''t please some bloody fans, what a waste of space.

what are you on about... 4-0 is a great result against any team stop being so negative! scoring 4 goals in one match instead of 4 goals in one months is sure to be a good confidence boast! Come''on you yellows!!!

Superb; all though i knew we would win today! We always seem to stuff Barnsley; and i knew there would be that release off pressure following the end of Roeders arrogant & pressurised reign. Are you watching Glen Roeder. I said 3-1, with Curo scoring one, not too far out; lets keep this going now; its good to have the heart back in (with Curo & russell). Playing for the shirt, not scared to make mistakes.

Today is only the start, OTBC!

so Marty, are you going to put money on NCFC going up then?

On  the first half perfomance against a half decent team, what would the final score have been, as you seem to be a football expert?

[quote user="Marty"][quote user="seat124"]

[/quote]

thanks for that, wanna come and p*ss on out bonfires?

The opposition are as good as you make them look.

Christ, you can''t please some bloody fans, what a waste of space.

[/quote]

While it was great to see City win, I think seat 124 is being realistic.

Barnsley are a poor side and we didnt look like scoring in the first half.

We need to keep our feet on the ground, get two quality strikers asap (please let it be Ched Evans and Lita) and a centre back and

WE MUST WIN against Southampton and Doncaster.

we can''t expect a miracle from Gunny or the next manager, and today we beat a very poor side

however, for me (trying not to get carried away) the big difference was the team spirit. It wasn''t just Croft chasing the ball today, they all made an effort (even Fozzy)

we don''t get many home wins, let alone 4-0 so let''s just enjoy it (and finger''s crossed for repeat next Sat)

What are you lot on about. Seat is right. If you lot think Gunn should now be our manager then you are the reason this club continues to fall lower and lower. Every manager wins their first game these days. A combination of momentum from Roeders departure and Barnsley falling to peices meant our performance was excellent.

Gunn is a great guy and is more than welcome with a role at this club. But not as permanent manager. We would go down. He just continued on what he had seen from the Roeder era with 5 in midfield at home to Barnsley.

If you''re OK with this ''little old norwich who appoint cheap options as manager just to get us through'' then your the reason we''re are slowly falling each year. I want a manager which shows our ambition and progress thanks.

[quote user="seat124"]

so Marty, are you going to put money on NCFC going up then?

On  the first half perfomance against a half decent team, what would the final score have been, as you seem to be a football expert?

[/quote]

I don''t expect us to become world beaters over night! we are in a dire situation at the moment and this was a slight respite from the usual dross we get every Saturday. We have made a habit of turning games we should have won or drawn into games we lost, so today we got a great result and a very important 3 points. It doesn''t paper over the cracks but it is a good starting point, a fresh start I hope.

[quote user="seat124"]so Marty, are you going to put money on NCFC going up then?[/quote]Of course he isn''t, you ''tard, that''s not what he''s saying and no one is suggesting anything of the sort! But we did win 4-0 and with the way things have been with our club over the past few months - a slow and steady decline - this is the first thing we''ve had to cheer since 7th December!Sorry for the harsh tone, but people like this really p*ss me off - they just can''t enjoy it when things go right for once...

thanks for the harsh tone, evil. Sorry if i p*ss  you off, but this is still the worst squad we have seen in the 40 years that I have been watching ncfc.

i obviously missed the humour in the original post, silly me.

[quote user="seat124"]

thanks for the harsh tone, evil. Sorry if i p*ss  you off, but this is still the worst squad we have seen in the 40 years that I have been watching ncfc.

i obviously missed the humour in the original post, silly me.

[/quote]

worse than the side Peter Grant started last season with?