Sign in to follow this  
nu_matik

Name yr favourite player of 2008 part of the season thus far....

The start of the 2OO8/9 season hasnt exactly been the best of times, but which player do you think has shone the brightest so far?For me its been Lee croft.. always full of energy and creativity and well anyone that scores a goal like that against ipswich...answers please....

[quote user="nu_matik"]The start of the 2OO8/9 season hasnt exactly been the best of times, but which player do you think has shone the brightest so far?
For me its been Lee croft.. always full of energy and creativity and well anyone that scores a goal like that against ipswich...

answers please....
[/quote]

Agree with you, Lee Croft by a mile. Despite his critics, his head never drops and he gives it everything. His goals against Sheff Utd and Ipswich could potentially save us from league one. Lets have another against Barnsley Crofty.

My favourite player of the 2008 part of the season is jethero tull.there you go, im well funny.hahalol etc.

Doherty. Finally proved he''s a quality centre half and that he is capable of leading the defence. The most consistent performer by an absolute mile. And I wasn''t even a Doherty fan!

I''d go for Crofty. I still think he''s a very limited player, but he has improved massively, got himself fit and tried his balls off for the club in the last few weeks. In the FA Cup game at Charlton, and in a few others, he looked like he was the only one who really cared. If it''s true that he hated Roeder, that''s even more impressive.

Agree with those praising the Doc, too. I remember a cricket writer saying "When Hick is top scorer, you know defeat is just around the corner" and I think the same applies to Doc. If he is your best player, you''re going down... (and I''m a fan of his, by the way...)

I would have said Crofty or Clingan, but as of the last couple of weeks, it has to be the Doc! He''s been even getting praise from opposition supporters in recent games.There''s only one Ginger Pele... [8]

Quite surprised at all the doc lovers, but hey...you know what they say "7 norwich city supporters cant be wrong".For some reason, i still get the jitters whenever a ball is on the ground being run at him.On the other hand, i think when croft gets the ball and runs it down the wing and cuts intoward goal, have been the only moments of this season when i stand up immediatelyand get that gut feeling...

Like Darren Huckerby, you never see Lee Croft quit or act like he can''t win.  He is improving the end product, and if we can put together a few non-negative results, perhaps his confidence will take hold of the others and they will start playing as hard and persistently as he does.

Marshall deserves some mention too.  He seems to have made a number of incredible saves in a lot of different games that kept us alive. Maybe I''m wrong, but I don''t think any more than 2 or 3 goals against (if that) have been his fault.

We need to sign Owen Goal permanently instead of loaning him from 8 different teams for one game at a time.  [:D]

Marshall definately deserves a mention...has definately kept us in games this season.Without doubt one of the best keepers in the league and a definate candidate for scottish number 1 in a few years time.higly rated.: )

[quote user="Life of Ryan"]Crofty or Klingon in my opinion.[/quote]

cureton, russell, hoolahan and clingan [:P]

the Doc, he saved us a few times this season and actually looks a decent defnder... if anyone disagrees they can step outside and we can sort this out like men...

jas :)