Sign in to follow this  
alex_ncfc

Why the hell is Eadie...

Goodness knows, with the team Gunn''s just turned out, we have to hope that he gets nowhere near the permanent gig!

cause eadie needs a proper job and will make case to be his assistant as they are buddies.then will probably get disco as kit man, flecky as barman etc...this will hopefully continue til we have the whole of the bayern munich destroyers in a job at carra, including mark bowen via#satellite link doing comedy in the players lounge afterwards,

[quote user="Grif"]

Goodness knows, with the team Gunn''s just turned out, we have to hope that he gets nowhere near the permanent gig!

[/quote]

Ignorant idiot, why the hell couldn''t he get the job? Gunn has been in and around the game for years and everyone starts somewhere in management. Sounded like the team really played for the fans and Gunny today.

[quote user="Grif"]

[/quote]

Taxi for Grif!

[quote user="Grif"]

[/quote]Yes pathetic, last thing we want is someone putting out teams that win 4 - 0.

Gunn has had two important ambassadorial roles - Mayor and for the club.  He knows\now how to persuade others to give of their best as a result.  He could play a larger part in the set-up going forward, although not the main man.

Egg on the face, massive slice of humble pie....all that and more coming my way and deservedly so.....I was wrong, I guess my expectations have been damaged after watching poor result after poor result. Apologies Gunny if you happen to read this, you were spot on. Well done.  Embarrassed [:$]

I knew this would happen and it sums up the majority of Norfolk people perfectly. All these people saying how we need an ex-player, no we don''t! We need the best man for the job.

Gunn has been in this job less than 48 hours, and we have won a game and suddenly he is the saviour, and everyone is calling for him to be given the job on a permanent basis.

Just stop and think - do any of you have any idea how stupid this is? I am chuffed to bits with the win but did we not outplay and beat Birmingham on their own patch in Peter Grant''s first game? Did we not piss all over Ipswich with a fantastic performance - coming back from 2 goals down - in Roeder''s first match in charge? Both decent opposition - today we beat a piss poor Barnsley side with the same team that Roeder built. It is more likely to be Roeder no longer being there that has picked the players up than Gunn magically turning us into ''world beaters''.

Like I said - 48 hours in the job - get some perspective.

Hindsight hounds are out.

It may well be a disaster.... It might be fantastic. Same could be said of Grant, Roeder et al

Nobody knows so it was a fair enough comment prior to kick off. Certainly more valid than those posted post match.

[quote user="shefcanary"]Gunn has had two important ambassadorial roles - Mayor and for the club.  He knows\now how to persuade others to give of their best as a result.  He could play a larger part in the set-up going forward, although not the main man.[/quote]

Bryan Gunn has been a fine servant of Norwich. He can still be a great manager

[quote user="alex_ncfc"]

I knew this would happen and it sums up the majority of Norfolk people perfectly. All these people saying how we need an ex-player, no we don''t! We need the best man for the job.

Gunn has been in this job less than 48 hours, and we have won a game and suddenly he is the saviour, and everyone is calling for him to be given the job on a permanent basis.

Just stop and think - do any of you have any idea how stupid this is? I am chuffed to bits with the win but did we not outplay and beat Birmingham on their own patch in Peter Grant''s first game? Did we not piss all over Ipswich with a fantastic performance - coming back from 2 goals down - in Roeder''s first match in charge? Both decent opposition - today we beat a piss poor Barnsley side with the same team that Roeder built. It is more likely to be Roeder no longer being there that has picked the players up than Gunn magically turning us into ''world beaters''.

Like I said - 48 hours in the job - get some perspective.

[/quote]To be fair alex, i think gunny could well turn into a fine manager for city, if he wants/gets the job.The guy really is Mr NCFC.He has experiance by the bucket load, not as a manager, but in football in general.And out of anyone out there at the moment, there is not one name in the betting odds that floats my boat.So why not gunny ?

Dear right Alex. It really makes me squirm when the usual parochial stuff comes out.

Gunny has many talents and did a good job today but apart from anything else i would hate him to get the job and fail which I fear he would.

Well done Gunny you have done the job that was needed, now let the board, for the first time, show some guile and appoint a man who we can all get excited about, p@ss off the binners and plan ahead.

[quote user="alex_ncfc"]

I knew this would happen and it sums up the majority of Norfolk people perfectly

[/quote]What does that mean exactly?Agree with the rest of your post about the bounce effect, but are you sure you know what a majority is? Perhaps it means something different to us ignorant Norfolk folk. Personally, I think Gunny is a legend, but I certainly don''t think he should get the manager''s job, and I remain unconvinced you actually know that more people want him, than don''t.Still, I must have missed your tenure as England manager, as I never venture outside of the county boundaries, and communication is so difficult in sleepy old Norfolk. [;)]

[quote user="I.S."][quote user="alex_ncfc"]

I knew this would happen and it sums up the majority of Norfolk people perfectly

[/quote]

What does that mean exactly?

Agree with the rest of your post about the bounce effect, but are you sure you know what a majority is? Perhaps it means something different to us ignorant Norfolk folk. Personally, I think Gunny is a legend, but I certainly don''t think he should get the manager''s job, and I remain unconvinced you actually know that more people want him, than don''t.

Still, I must have missed your tenure as England manager, as I never venture outside of the county boundaries, and communication is so difficult in sleepy old Norfolk. [;)]
[/quote]

Gauging CanaryCall''s calls and texts, and a large amount of messages on here, it would seem that a majority do want him as manager.

Which is just f**king crazy.

And as for the Norfolk thing? Well what other clubs, when their manager gets the sack, go all misty eyed and start suggesting every former player under the sun to get the nod? Iwan, Malky, Dublin, even former managers who were hounded out 2 years ago! It''s mental.

I would not want Gunn as manager, perhaps as a number 2 at a push then possibly in the future.  Manager now, no thanks, I would hate to see it go all wrong for him after all his time with the club.

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

I would not want Gunn as manager, perhaps as a number 2 at a push then possibly in the future.  Manager now, no thanks, I would hate to see it go all wrong for him after all his time with the club.

[/quote]

No No when he failed at the managers job and he would, all that would be left at the club he hadn''t done would be on the board.

Buy DS out with dodgy Bank of Scotland notes and.................................... the though is to horrendous.

Russell tried today, and fair enough he got his goal. But he''s poor up front, he really is. Put him back in the midfield. Please, play strikers up front, not midfielders, whoever gets the job.

[quote user="alex_ncfc"]

making a case for Gunn to get the job?

Even if we win today, appointing Gunn would be disasterous.

[/quote]

Bryan Gunn genuinely cares more about the club than just the salary which is more than the likes of the waster we have just got rid of. Dont dis-respect Gunny, he is a legend