Sign in to follow this  
Being Jan Kristiansen...

McKenzie for England

I have got a feeling that he is going to be a class player for us next season, nicking vital goals. He is the kind of player who we have not had for a long time (poacher/goal hanger).

Ok, so my title might be a bit over the top but I reckon he will score more than Vassel next year.

I am already on record as feeling that he will do very well for us this year and would like to see him get a bit more exposure in the pre seasons.

i think we all know the boy''s got a certain something about him - especially after THAT debut! Reminds me so much of ian wright in his attitude and ambition as well as the way he plays. i just hope there''s a place for him becuase i am still wondering where he would go with a fully fit squad to choose from.
He has more chance of playing in a 4-3-3 which i think is the future! Why? Because it doesn''t have to be a compromise defensively if your wide front men drop back and pack the midfield and muck in when we don''t have the ball, thus making a 4-5-1. Then they can break with pace down the wings when we do have the ball. Bentley and McVeigh played this role against Cambridge and Leon can too.

I like your optimism but there is absolutely no chance of it happening. The best bet for an england appearence bar greeno is Huckerby to play on the left wing. With respect to Vassell, he is one of those players who perform better at international level than club level. Both Vassell and Rooney are better for england than there respective clubs, it most also be remembered that top class club players don''t always make top notch international players....hence...Ian Wright, Andy Cole, Les Ferdinand,matt le''tiss

As I''ve said before I think McKenzie will prove a few people wrong next season. He coped with the jump from div 2 to div 1 so there is no reason why he can''t do the same from div 1 to the prem if he gets given the oppertunity. Worthy has to give him a go and if Leon proves that he can do it then he has to stick with him.