Sign in to follow this  
Mister Chops

Well done Wesley, well done Doc

It was a good solid performance all round, but I wanted to praise two players in particular:Hoolahan was a lovely surprise today.  He''s drifted in and out of games all season, but today he looked fresh, lively and was willing to try the things he had clearly been ordered not to do under the previous manager. Drifting in, linking up, popping up all over the pitch - there''s better to come but this was encouraging.  Ironic that the person who brought him in appeared unable to get him to show his true flair.And Doc''s carried on being the rock of our defence, he was sound again today even when they threw on Odejayi which must be like marking a heavyweight boxer.The only downside was Otsemobor, poor again and he might need a break.The atmosphere was weird - first half it was like a meaningless friendly such was the sense of relief.  The second half was a joy to watch, aided by a really crap Barnsley side who must be the most lightweight side in front of goal I''ve seen this season.

As you were there is their winger Campbell Rice worth the 7 figure sum they have purportedly put forward.  You said light wieght so if so how much are our players worth.  Puts Croft''s recent valuation into perspective.

I have to agree with you. Doc is like a Duncan Forbes - actually he''s been the most consistent performer for the last 2 years - he''s not cultured, he just does you a job - bit awkward and maybe should score from corners (like Forbes) but must be one of the first names on the team sheet. Hoolihan will be a future legend - if we keep him. At long last we may get someone - i.e. a new manager who will nurture his amazing skills.

[quote user="shefcanary"]As you were there is their winger Campbell Rice worth the 7 figure sum they have purportedly put forward.  [/quote]Really?  Well maybe, but only if that figure includes a decimal point.

Couldn''t agree more, Hoolahan is going to be crucial to our survival. Give him the freedom to play, free him from the shackles that Roeder had so obviously enforced on him and the boy will deliver. A great day.

[quote user="Irish canary"]Well said, there are one or two Hoolahan doubters on here and they will be silence and eating there words over time![/quote]

Just listened to the phone in. What Gunny said to Hooly was spot on. He had the shackells taken off, playing with freedom and creativity. If Gunny is giving the players confidence to play their game then he should be in the job till end of season. Hooly is like Hucks he needs to have artistic freedom, and Roeder just hates that.

[quote user="Mister Chops"]

The only downside was Otsemobor, poor again and he might need a break.

[/quote]

I thought Grounds looked quite shakey. Very unconvincing at certain points.

[quote user="book end"]

[quote user="Irish canary"]Well said, there are one or two Hoolahan doubters on here and they will be silence and eating there words over time![/quote]

Just listened to the phone in. What Gunny said to Hooly was spot on. He had the shackells taken off, playing with freedom and creativity. If Gunny is giving the players confidence to play their game then he should be in the job till end of season. Hooly is like Hucks he needs to have artistic freedom, and Roeder just hates that.

[/quote]

Your right about the free roll book end Hoolahan thrives on that and does what he does best!!! come on!!!

I''m glad that Hoolahan had a stormer today, he''s been showing that he''s got something these past few games and it only needed patience and a bit of confidence for it to come off. Well done Wes, thanks for proving the doubters wrong.

Well done Wesley, blimey we`ve  been waiting a  long time for that but  today you showed us what we`ve all been expecting since you came. Why on earth do managers like Roeder fail  to see that they are preventing players from using their natural  flair by trying to tie them down to a specific narrow role.

Whoever comes in as the new manager must be someone that gives the players sufficient freedom to express  themselves.

Well done Wes! 

[quote user="1st Wazzock"][quote user="San Miguel"]i thought Doc was easily the man of the match today, no disrespect to Crofty[/quote]

I thought that too.[/quote]I didn''t realise you were going today waz, why didn''t you give me a wave? [:^)]

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="shefcanary"]As you were there is their winger Campbell Rice worth the 7 figure sum they have purportedly put forward. 
[/quote]

Really?  Well maybe, but only if that figure includes a decimal point.

[/quote]

You and I have a rather different opinion - for me, Campbell Rice looked the most skilful player on the pitch at times, and my friends that I caught up with after the game agreed.  Did a lot of jinky little runs and took on players well - sort of Hoolahan with a bit of pace.  He''s undoubtedly a good player on his day.

Always knew that Wes was a good signing but never understood why roeder stifled his style of play. Roeder knew how he liked to operate(that''s why he signed him) and then stopped him doing it? Thankfully Gunny had the sense to allow him to play his game. Hopefully Robins[;)] will as well. 

Doc doesn''t usually get the credit he deserves because he goes about his business quietly.