Sign in to follow this  
walks on water

Thanks Ray !

ARRDEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE''S   GREEN & YELLA ARMY [:D]

Gutted I coudn''t go today ...sounded fantastic from the radio at work

Nice one Gunny. Cheers lads. Yes you did owe us !

[quote user="walks on water"]

ARRDEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE''S   GREEN & YELLA ARMY [:D]

Gutted I coudn''t go today ...sounded fantastic from the radio at work

Nice one Gunny. Cheers lads. Yes you did owe us !

[/quote]

The loverly old boy will be smiling down on Carrow rd tonight......[Y][B]

On the subject of that lovely old boy, there speech about him on the PR was great, I heard numerous people loudly applauding his name as it was being broadcast, as well as myself.

For us that weren''t there and didn''t hear the announcement could somebody try to recount what was said and what the crowd reaction was like? Did many of the crowd have a clue who he was? I hope so. I couldn''t help but think of Arrdee when I heard the result today. I''m sure its sausages all round up there tonight.

[quote user="CaptnCanary"]For us that weren''t there and didn''t hear the announcement could somebody try to recount what was said and what the crowd reaction was like? Did many of the crowd have a clue who he was? I hope so. I couldn''t help but think of Arrdee when I heard the result today. I''m sure its sausages all round up there tonight.[/quote]Without trying to make it sound routine and normal, they announced that the club were saddened to hear that Ray Ducker had passed away, mentioned how he had been watching Norwich since the 1950''s, mentioned us here on messageboard a fair bit and referred to him finally as "arrdee", was a nice touch from the club. He got a good reception in the upper Barclay, I heard a few loud and sincere claps of appreciation from other fans, who I only presume know him personally or from on here.I think it''s fair to say he was smiling down on us today.

[quote user="CaptnCanary"]For us that weren''t there and didn''t hear the announcement could somebody try to recount what was said and what the crowd reaction was like? Did many of the crowd have a clue who he was? I hope so. I couldn''t help but think of Arrdee when I heard the result today. I''m sure its sausages all round up there tonight.[/quote]

Afraid not from where I was sitting. A lot didn''t take any notice and just continued with their conversations which is a shame. Made it hard to hear aswell. But still brilliant to have a tribute and brilliant to have it actually happen so well done and thanks to those that helped.

[quote user="Hoof it to Hoolahan"][quote user="CaptnCanary"]For us that weren''t there and didn''t hear the announcement could somebody try to recount what was said and what the crowd reaction was like? Did many of the crowd have a clue who he was? I hope so. I couldn''t help but think of Arrdee when I heard the result today. I''m sure its sausages all round up there tonight.[/quote]

Without trying to make it sound routine and normal, they announced that the club were saddened to hear that Ray Ducker had passed away, mentioned how he had been watching Norwich since the 1950''s, mentioned us here on messageboard a fair bit and referred to him finally as "arrdee", was a nice touch from the club. He got a good reception in the upper Barclay, I heard a few loud and sincere claps of appreciation from other fans, who I only presume know him personally or from on here.

I think it''s fair to say he was smiling down on us today.
[/quote]

I heard it......and applauded it!.....RIP RAY!

I heard it and clapped as did the people around me who I''d shared the sad news with.