Sign in to follow this  
Gingerpele

People not at football

Just a quick question to all the posters on the forum that wernt at the macth today, as i noticed a fair ammount posting during the match, why havnt you gone/dont go?(this is not a dig saying your not real fans, was just wondering peoples situations, i know there are some that live too far to come to every game, or other reasons such as that)

Only just turned 17, can''t drive, live in Brighton, and i have to do work this weekend.

[quote user="newyorkcanary"]Um, I live in New York... there will be  lots of very good reasons why people both in Norwich and abroad can''t go...[/quote]LIVING IN NEW YORK IS NO EXCUSE, i mean Brigton yeah, thats far, but New york all you need is a 10 or so hour flight (or around that i dont know) and then a bus up to Norwich :D

I probably see more away games than home ones perversely. I live in London Town and work weekends as well as weekdays so I take it when I can. The board (message not management) is a lifeline at times, which is why I was as sad as many when we lost such a voice in Aardee last week.

live in crawley (not too far from brighton) travel, cost, work all rolled into one, i would love to get to every game buts its just not possible.

Living in the West Midlands for the time being but still hold a season ticket, get to see a fair few games a season but can''t afford to keep going on a 5, 6, 7 hour train journey twice a week...

[quote user="Ginger Pele"]Just a quick question to all the posters on the forum that wernt at the macth today, as i noticed a fair ammount posting during the match, why havnt you gone/dont go?

(this is not a dig saying your not real fans, was just wondering peoples situations, i know there are some that live too far to come to every game, or other reasons such as that)
[/quote]

200 miles away and a job with long hours

go when I can though

Because I live abroad. I had a season ticket until last year though. Having Canaries World on and being on here is the closest I can get to being at the match

I was a season ticket holder from the day i got my 1st pay cheque to the playoff final. I attended as many away games as i could when i wasn''t working. Unfortunately when season tickets were do for renewal that season my car broke down in spectacular fashion and cost nearly a grand to fix. I needed the car for work and had to give up my season ticket. The following season i bought tickets to as many games as i could afford and even sat in my old season ticket seat. By feb or march i''d saved up enough to get my season ticket back and went into the ticket office with my cash and last 6 years worth of season ticket cards only to be told i couldn''t have it due to having to relocate people from the South Stand whilst it was knocked down. I was not amused as i''m sure you can appreciate. Unfortunately for me we then got promoted and i got a mortgage.

im at uni up in sheffield and was a bit of a bugger financially to get a train, went to most over the christmas period, and attend most away matches, providin its not cardiff or swansea!

Visiting girfriend in london...was on phone link to mate in barclay and he rang me for the penalty...god that was a f''in racket!!!when im away i usually watch the live text on bbc sport.Def be there for southampton game... 5-0?

[quote user="Ginger Pele"][quote user="newyorkcanary"]Um, I live in New York... there will be  lots of very good reasons why people both in Norwich and abroad can''t go...[/quote]

LIVING IN NEW YORK IS NO EXCUSE, i mean Brigton yeah, thats far, but New york all you need is a 10 or so hour flight (or around that i dont know) and then a bus up to Norwich :D
[/quote]

You could even try landing in the Wensum to save a bit more time!

[quote user="Wight Yellow"]For me, Father Jack summed it up nicely when he said:

"Don''t tell me I''m still stuck on that fecking island"[/quote]Ha-ha!! Brilliant! That brought a classic comedy moment back!! I can''t remember which episode it was though! I know it''s the one where he sobers up though! Classic!

Been tiling a kitchen floor all day and a 12 hour drive is to much just for a game of football but go to a fair few away games, had a nice little earner today on the result so that will pay for a weekend in Norwich before the end of the season