Sign in to follow this  
koimatsuba

Well done Gunn, but please lets be sensible ablout this ...

Great Job today Gunn and the Team, average first half and better second, felt that Croft ran his socks off angain, Ozzy was very poor in first half and at time we didn''t look that creative.

BUT we won 4-0, I thought if we scored we could win the game easily but if Barnsley Scored the players head may have dropped and we could have lost.

Great day for Bryan Gunn and nice to see the crowd chanting his name.

However the more Goals went in the more me my mate and I said this will do his chances of becoming the next Manager the world of good.

I could see Delia and co thinking " the crowd love him, we are winning 4-0, hes an old player, want else do we need, would save me a lot of cash and a lot of boring interviews"

STOP THERE delia and co, JUST STOP!

no matter how a ggod game it was Gunn can''t be the next manager,yes he may do well and can''t do much worse than Grant or Roeder did, but we must have experince!

Boothroyd, Ince etc ... Maybe Gunn in some kind of coaching and supporting role but not the manager, lets not get carried away now!

I enjoyed the day for a change, I was pleased for Gunn and Co, lets leave it like that.

Cheers All

Great to see gunny steering the boys to victory but I agree he cannot be our full time manager. I could never bring myself to boo and hate the legend that is Gunny and trust me thats where all fans end up with the manager.........

Thanks Bryan, enjoy today and Burns night. keep a 100% record with no goals conceeded as a manager.

Bring in Boothroyd so that Gunny can revert to doing what he does best, entertaining and eating corperate meals!!!!

Think it is a shame there is not another game for 9 days as the board will make their decision in the interim and today has lifted Gunns stock.  Think a lot of today was going to happen whoever took charge after Roeder as you could almost see the relief on the players faces (especially after the first goal went in!)

I have no problem with him as manager but would be nice to see how we get on in the next few games.  Maybe he could be an option untilt the end of the season.

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

Two million percent agree!

I''m now very worried about this.[:S]

[/quote]jamie lad scored for ya today wiz...bet you are buzzin....i went and what a fantastic game...wasnt in the game loads but took his goal really well

but lost me my bet....lol...i would £10 every week if we got results like that :-)

Totally agree. for me today was as much about the players being glad that Roeder has gone rather than Gunnys ability as a manager. I admire Gunny immensely but it would be utter madness to even consider him for the job.

[quote user="koimatsuba"]

Great Job today Gunn and the Team, average first half and better second, felt that Croft ran his socks off angain, Ozzy was very poor in first half and at time we didn''t look that creative.

BUT we won 4-0, I thought if we scored we could win the game easily but if Barnsley Scored the players head may have dropped and we could have lost.

Great day for Bryan Gunn and nice to see the crowd chanting his name.

However the more Goals went in the more me my mate and I said this will do his chances of becoming the next Manager the world of good.

I could see Delia and co thinking " the crowd love him, we are winning 4-0, hes an old player, want else do we need, would save me a lot of cash and a lot of boring interviews"

STOP THERE delia and co, JUST STOP!

no matter how a ggod game it was Gunn can''t be the next manager,yes he may do well and can''t do much worse than Grant or Roeder did, but we must have experince!

Boothroyd, Ince etc ... Maybe Gunn in some kind of coaching and supporting role but not the manager, lets not get carried away now!

I enjoyed the day for a change, I was pleased for Gunn and Co, lets leave it like that.

Cheers All

[/quote]totally agree...im sure the board are not that stupid...or are they?...BIG BIG praise to all involved today 

[quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

[/quote]jamie lad scored for ya today wiz...bet you are buzzin....i went and what a fantastic game...wasnt in the game loads but took his goal really well

but lost me my bet....lol...i would £10 every week if we got results like that :-)

[/quote]

I''d join you CTID.......and you''re right, I am buzzin thanks to Jamie.

Agreed, we''ve almost done too well under Gunn today. I think Gunny should remember his status as a club legend rather than risk tarnishing this with management. I would hate to see the fans turn on him if results didn''t go our way. Also someone with no management experience is not what we want now.

I think the eurphoria of getting rid of Roeder also probably played a part with the players mentality today.

[quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

[/quote]

I''d join you CTID.......and you''re right, I am buzzin thanks to Jamie.

[/quote]it was written in the stars that he would score today...did you hear his interview after??? like making his debut again...he ran his socks off

[quote user="norfolkchance1"]

Agreed, we''ve almost done too well under Gunn today. I think Gunny should remember his status as a club legend rather than risk tarnishing this with management. I would hate to see the fans turn on him if results didn''t go our way. Also someone with no management experience is not what we want now.

I think the eurphoria of getting rid of Roeder also probably played a part with the players mentality today.

[/quote]agreed...looked a totally different team/set of players today  i went tuesday and couldnt beleive the difference...player and atmosphere wise...thought i was in the wrong ground lol

I don''t know anyone who thinks he should get the job full time, me included. Maybe he doesn''t want it either. Lets face it, all anyone had to do today was take the pressure off the players (which Roeder''s dismissal did automatically), give them all a pat on the backs and tell them to go out there, keep it simple and express themselves.

It''s the ''Redknap Effect'' we saw at Spurs and actually has little to do with Redknap!!

He wouldn''t be my first choice for the job, in fact he wouldn''t even be close to being my favoured replacement for Roeder.

However, when I''m hearing names like Ince, Pardew, O''Leary and Jewell being mentioned, well, I''d take Gunn full-time over any of those chumps.

Question,  IF Gunny was given the job until the end of the season would people on this board give him the backing he will need to keep us up or will it all go into a downward spiral of " board out , cheap option, Gunny out, not renewing my ticket " etc? I only ask because it might happen.!!

Today was a great day. good to see smiles on fans faces again and it was really nice to see Gunny getting so much suport. But lets face it i cant see him being the greatest of managers. Also listening to him on ssn today it diddnt really sound like he wanted the job permanently anyway as it would be too time consuming for his liking

Cheers for all the replies, sorry about the grammer and spelling, wife was shouting at me that the dinner was ready, and the film was on, saturday night etc etc etc...

I see that you all got the  ''jist'' of it anyway and its nice to see that alot of the people on here agree with my comments, I was just just getting worried with all the chanting at the game, it was like he already had the job!

Lets hope the board have a brain and that Gunn decides that its a bit to much of a full time commitment, and doesn''t even apply.

Cheers All