Sign in to follow this  
Syteanric

another hat in the managerial ring - Mick Harford

done brilliantly at Luton, a team with no money (even less with us), he has turned round a -30 points deficit with promotion winning form (although of course Luton cant go up), he isn''t afraid to use youngsters, seems to get the best out of players (spillane) and has done well previously when at other clubs...

also, Harford is an Arse kicker.. which i think we need here.... anyway, imagine him and Warnock on the touch line.. or if we got promoted imagine him "talking" to Fergie or Scolari after a 2 footed lunge on a big name player.... lol

jas :)

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

done brilliantly at Luton, a team with no money (even less with us), he has turned round a -30 points deficit with promotion winning form (although of course Luton cant go up), he isn''t afraid to use youngsters, seems to get the best out of players (spillane) and has done well previously when at other clubs...

also, Harford is an Arse kicker.. which i think we need here.... anyway, imagine him and Warnock on the touch line.. or if we got promoted imagine him "talking" to Fergie or Scolari after a 2 footed lunge on a big name player.... lol

[/quote]60 points gets u promoted now does it?

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

60 points gets u promoted now does it?
[/quote]

Luton would be in the play-off positions at the moment without the deduction. So theoretically "promotion winning form".

^^^^^^^ Oops! skimmed their results, totting up as I went so included their tinpot cup wins as well. Of course if they started with -30 and now have 0 pts then they have obviously only earned 30pts this season, which would put them in 14th position.

[/quote]

Yeah I think he''s done Ok, I posted something similar on another thread about getting the most out of some of our ex players such as Martin and Spillane.

Another name I thought about earlier was Sean O''Driscoll from Doncaster, they play quite decent football apparently and he seems to have had all success so far in his career as a manager. Although this season they are near the bottom of the table that is probably down to the size of the club.

If we are looking at managers in League Two who have overturned deductions, surely Robins would be the one? Rotherham have earned ten more points than Luton, and it isn''t as if they have a superior team. Without the deductions, Rotherham would be in the Playoffs and Luton would be in thr bottom half still.Robins, maybe, but Harford, no.

[/quote]Hang on - Luton are currently on zero points.  So they''ve scored 30 points this season - how is that promotion winning form?Is this one of your wind-ups, Jas?  Time to tell the truth....

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

Hang on - Luton are currently on zero points.  So they''ve scored 30 points this season - how is that promotion winning form?

Is this one of your wind-ups, Jas?  Time to tell the truth....
[/quote]

like above i toted up their cup fixtures too after skimming results.. still turning over a 30 point deficit, keeping the squad together despite being financially crippled and seeming to get the best out of spillane and possibly Martin too.... i still think he''d be a good choice.... my mistake it seems!

some players maybe in the comfort zone at the club... a manager who kicks butt would sort them out.. you''d soon find out which players liked the "costa del Norwich" lifestyle as theyd be the first ones to want to leave the club....

Yes of course, we need a guy who will kick arse after Roeder has destroyed any semblence of confidence within the squad. Sometimes Jas, I wonder if you''re on the same planet as us.

[quote user="TheMarshmallowMonkey"]Yes of course, we need a guy who will kick arse after Roeder has destroyed any semblence of confidence within the squad. Sometimes Jas, I wonder if you''re on the same planet as us.
[/quote]

ort we could put ur arms around the players and say "Aww diddums" as they take their foot off the pedal... Roeder was an idiot... not a motivator, just someone who was too far up himself... we have had too many Nice guy managers over the years and have never really had success as a result.. whilst we dont want someone who is permanently angry or citical of the players ala Grant, we need someone who can lose their rag when needed to keep the players on their toes... EG someone in the Alex Ferguson model...