Sign in to follow this  
manbearpig

well done to the fans

I listened to the game today and everyone who was lucky enough to be at the game sounded fantastic, I haven''t heard anything like that for a long time. I know if I was a player that would of lifted my spirits and pushed me on that little bit more, so well done carrow road today lets hope we have plenty more to sing about next Tuesday.

Great atmosphere there today, and to be fair the first half was very poor, tremendous during the last half hour. Nice to see people leaving the ground with smiles on their  faces for a change! 

I thought it was a really nice touch with all the green and yellow sheets of paper we all held up too...........must have looked awesome as they ran out!

NO MANAGER........... A BOARD THAT DOESN''T REALLY HAVE A CLUE....... BUT 24K OUTSTANDING FANS..... the players needed us today and we showed our loyalty once again

It looked pretty good from the back of the Barclay, not sure about the words to OTBC on them though, 20,000 odd thousand season ticket holders, most of them know the words.....don''t they?

[quote user="wolfie"]Great atmosphere there today, and to be fair the first half was very poor, tremendous during the last half hour. Nice to see people leaving the ground with smiles on their  faces for a change! [/quote]

Your opinion which I respect, but having been to Tuesday night''s game, nothing about today could have possibly been described as ''very poor''...but the second half was certainly very good...and yes the place was buzzing after the game...so I buzzed into the ticket office and got my tickets for Donny away...amazing what a win will do!  ...I was all but ready to return my tickets for the next three home games before the match.

[quote user="Hooleyfan"]

[quote user="wolfie"]Great atmosphere there today, and to be fair the first half was very poor, tremendous during the last half hour. Nice to see people leaving the ground with smiles on their  faces for a change! [/quote]

Your opinion which I respect, but having been to Tuesday night''s game, nothing about today could have possibly been described as ''very poor''...but the second half was certainly very good...and yes the place was buzzing after the game...so I buzzed into the ticket office and got my tickets for Donny away...amazing what a win will do!  ...I was all but ready to return my tickets for the next three home games before the match.

[/quote]

Fair point, didnt go on Tuesday. What I was really meaning was the first half was a poor half of  football, virtually no chances, apart from one early one I can remember where Barnsley could have scored. Under the old regime the crowd would  have been begining to get very restless by the end of that but they  stuck with it  and got the reward.     

Wolfie, have to agree with Hooleyfan here, Tuesday was the stuff of nightmares. The first half yesterday was quiet, with few clear cut chances and the players were understandably nervous, knowing they had to win and to win they had to score goals. Something which hasn''t come easy to them. Considering the turmoil of the past week I didn''t see anything unexpected. Gunn raised their efforts and their confidence, and yes, they were helped by a supportive crowd. It was a great place to be, Carrow Road on January 17th 2009. Won''t forget it in a hurry.

Hooley, got my ticket for Doncaster almost two weeks ago - purely on the basis of "doing the ground". I am so pleased I was so impulsive, and am really looking forward to the trip now!

Dan, it was very loud (more than usual) and sung with a real passion. Think there may have been a message in there for a certain ex manager! You are right though, I had tears in my eyes yesterday singing it.

[quote user="Dan-NCFC"]The rendition of OTBC today made the hairs on my arms stand on end![/quote]

It did mine too, the atmosphere was great, and I haven''t heard the ground so united in song and chanting for a long long time.

The green and yellow sheets of paper were a fantastic idea and I lowered mine just to look at the ground, all stands, and it looked fantastic.

Yesterday I gained some pride back, not only because of the win, but because the whole atmosphere was different, like a huge grey cloud had been burnt away by the sunshine.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[quote user="Dan-NCFC"]The rendition of OTBC today made the hairs on my arms stand on end![/quote]

It did mine too, the atmosphere was great, and I haven''t heard the ground so united in song and chanting for a long long time.

The green and yellow sheets of paper were a fantastic idea and I lowered mine just to look at the ground, all stands, and it looked fantastic.

Yesterday I gained some pride back, not only because of the win, but because the whole atmosphere was different, like a huge grey cloud had been burnt away by the sunshine.

[/quote]Because the poison had gone! great day for NCFC yesterday, fantastic, with the right managerial apppointment we''ll have many more days like that!

Absolutely wonderful atmosphere. The whole place seemd different, and the late goals were just the icing on a lovely cake. Can''t wait for the Southampton game now!

[quote user="steve o"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[/quote]Because the poison had gone! great day for NCFC yesterday, fantastic, with the right managerial apppointment we''ll have many more days like that![/quote]

That''s exactly it [:)]

[quote user="Beauseant"]Absolutely wonderful atmosphere. The whole place seemd different, and the late goals were just the icing on a lovely cake. Can''t wait for the Southampton game now![/quote]

It did seem very different, yes I couldn''t pin point exactly what, just a whole different feel.  Felt like it did 10 + years ago.  I also feel that we now have a little hope.