BERTRAND   11/10

HOOLOHOOP  11/10

FOZZY (NEVER THOUGHT I WOULD SAY THIS)  11/10

CLINGAN   11/10

CROFT   11/10

RUSTY  11/10

CURO  11/10

SUBS...

LUPES  1/10   THROW HIS DOOLY OUT OF HIS PRAM(GROW UP)

FATTY PATTY 10/10

BELL   NO RATING   PLAYED FOR SECONDS

WHAT A GREAT DAY AND A BLOODY AWESOME RESULT....AND NICE TO SEE ARRDEE HAD A SHOUT OUT

If I was giving marks out of then, they would be thus:-

Marshall- Can''t judge, he had nowt to do

Otsemobor- 1st half, 2/10, 2nd half 9/10

Bertrand- 8/10, best he has been this season

Grounds- 5/10, looked very sketchy at times

Doherty- 7/10

Clingan- 8/10

Fotheringham- 7/10

Russell- 9/10, quality performance. And I don''t think he was played up front to be honest. He was more of an attacking mid in a 4-5-1.

Croft- 8/10

Hoolahan- 8/10

Cureton- 8/10

[quote user="city-till-i-die"]

MARSHALL   11/10

OTSEMEBOR  11/10

GROUNDS    11/10

DOC     11/10

BERTRAND   11/10

HOOLOHOOP  11/10

CLINGAN   11/10

CROFT   11/10

RUSTY  11/10

CURO  11/10

SUBS...

FATTY PATTY 10/10

BELL   10/10

WHAT A GREAT DAY AND A BLOODY AWESOME RESULT....AND NICE TO SEE ARRDEE HAD A SHOUT OUT

[/quote]bell 10/10(edit button)

I''d give everyone an 8 except Hoolahan, Croft and Doc who were worth a 9. And a 9 for the fans as well, atmosphere was excellent to day.

I''m absolutely thrilled to hear everyone is so chuffed. Wish I could have been there today but instead I was working at Crewe v Scunny.

Just spoke to my Dad and he said it was the best it''s been at Carrow Road for ages.

Well done Gunny, beat Southampton and Donny too and the job is yours until the end of the season you legend!

Did he run out and pretend to head the crossbar before kick-off? Lol, I used to love when he did that, finally it feels like OUR club again with a City legend at the helm!

Another point re Bell. Came on for a few minutes, played on the right (Yes Yes that''s true) centered a beauty for the fourth goal.

Play players where they are comfortable. Simple ''aint it.

Poor old Rusty tried as always but he wasn''t born to play striker with his back to goal. I thank you.

Marshall - to be fair didn''t have much to do, bar instruct his defence. 8/10

Semmy - what''s wrong with Semmy, seemed off the pace today, but not lacking in effort. Injury? 7/10

Grounds - looked a bit nervous and Doc had to take over at times 6/10

Doc - immense, as usual. Took over marshalling the others in defence and kept any threats at bay. Good on you Doc. 9/10

Plastic - improved from the past few weeks, which was good to see 7/10

Hoolahan - had a great game, wonderful passing, energy, guts and obvious yest for the game, like watching someone set free. And capping it with a well timed goal which opened up the game and gave the team confidence 10/10 MOTM

Fozzy - much improved, like Hoolahan seemed to relish the post Roeder atmosphere and contributed more than I have ever seen him. Forward passes, tackling in centre mid and talking and encouraging his team mates 8/10

Clingan - fantastic penalty - made sure of Barnsley threats, steady and linked up play well 8/10

Croft - wonderful running, guts and a true example of what it takes to want to win. Fantastic stuff Crofty. Always looking for getting into attacking areas, running down defenders to win corners, always involved 10/10

Rusty - great to see him playing very well with Hoolahan in particular. Great running as we expect from him . 9/10

Cureton - after so long out in the cold, it was wonderful irony for him to return home and against his loan club. He just had to score. Welcome home Jamie, your exile is over. An extra mark as your goal must have upset the former manager somewhat! 9/10

Subs - Lupoli - some good running, but game was won by the time he came on. 6/10

Pattison - some great surging runs, really up for it 7/10

Bell - not on long enough to judge.

Gunn - got it right today, thank you Bryan for letting the players know they only had to go out and play and win for themselves and the fans, you gave them the freedom to express just what a great honour it is to represent this club. Thanks, and the subs were well timed to give the players going off standing ovations. Confidence restored!

Crowd - 10/10. Atmosphere was great. More of the same, let''s hope....

[quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="city-till-i-die"]

MARSHALL   11/10

OTSEMEBOR  11/10

GROUNDS    11/10

DOC     11/10

BERTRAND   11/10

HOOLOHOOP  11/10

CLINGAN   11/10

CROFT   11/10

RUSTY  11/10

CURO  11/10

SUBS...

FATTY PATTY 10/10

BELL   10/10

[/quote]bell 10/10(edit button)[/quote]sorry for my over enthusiatic ratings...but still buzzin..lol...thought the whole team were awesome...for got 1 rating!!!! CROWD 11/10

[quote user="gazzathegreat"] Semmy - what''s wrong with Semmy, seemed off the pace today, but not lacking in effort. Injury? [/quote]

Read in one of the pre-match interviews he has breathing problems that are being monitored.........

Today I took my Grandson to his first ever City match and he was so excited by it all I feel he will now go on being a Canaries fan for the next 50 years just like I have been.

I won''t give any ratings just observations,

Doc, was man-of-the-match for me, did little wrong and played his heart out.

Grounds, in the first five minutes put every pass/clearance straight at the feet of the opposition but after that with the steadying influence of Doc played quite solidly and positioned himself well.

Hoolahan, was wonderfully uninhibited (wonder why ?), delightful little flicks, body swerves and a beautifully taken goal. I think unshackled from Roeders dominence he will be our player of the season.

Croft, sheer enthusiasm, chased all afternoon and inspired the rest of the team to do likewise.

Russel, felt so sorry for him trying to be a forward, (which he aint !), but constantly trying against a Man Mountain Moore, finally got his deserved reward with a gratefully taken goal.

Jamie, played on every inch of the pitch and showed classy touches throughout, I willed his goal over the goalies head, his glee at scoring would have gladdened old Wiz''s heart.

Gunny, cool dude, smartly suited, hands in pockets, no histrionics at all, well done.

All in all wonderful atmosphere.

Marshall- 7- Fair, not much to do, kicking not too bad for once

Otsemobor- 7- decent game, had some good ideas finally, but still a few mistakes, much improved.

Bertrand- 7- not bad, think only in the team due to injured Drury ?

Grounds- first half 3 second half 7- very dodgy first half, sorted it out second though

Doherty- 8- good old Doc very solid, not really his type of attackers, a fast man.

Clingan- 8- i though he was good today, and i don''t like him very much

Fotheringham- 8- really well done, proved people he is not crap, it isn''t just him that was bad, he was just suffering more than anyone else possibly?

Russell- 8- not much worked first half, worked hard, but couldn''t quite get his ideas working, but they got better in the second half, and he got the goal :D

Croft- 8 really great effort again, maybe starting to tire earlier due to fitness, considering last season he could barely play 45 Min''s !!!

Hoolahan- 9- MOM- Scored, went past people, chased, linked up well, out of position a lot (don''t know if he has permission to do this like Hux used to?) Great display overall

Cureton- 7- He got a really good goal, chased, showed some pace, showed he loves Norwich (make him manager :D ) but did he touch the ball more than 1 or 2 times in the first half?

Patty- 7- lovely runs, and effort put in from himLupoli-???- didn''t really do anything apart from get upset for not being given the penalty, not being given an easy goal by patty (he did a nice back heel to Bell for the goal though)Bell-not worth it- nice cross for the goal, about all he got to doGunn-10- Got the boys fired up, his half time talks must be a million times better than Roeders anyway :DFans-10- singing, great atmosphere the whole game

[quote user="Freeza"]I''m absolutely thrilled to hear everyone is so chuffed. Wish I could have been there today but instead I was working at Crewe v Scunny. Just spoke to my Dad and he said it was the best it''s been at Carrow Road for ages. Well done Gunny, beat Southampton and Donny too and the job is yours until the end of the season you legend! Did he run out and pretend to head the crossbar before kick-off? Lol, I used to love when he did that, finally it feels like OUR club again with a City legend at the helm![/quote]

I don''t think Gunny will still be in charge for the Southampton game mate, I''d be amazed if someone isn''t appointed on a permanent basis by the end of this week.

Jim, indeed it was a very good match for a first timer, some good friends of mine took their little girl (just coming up to two years old) to her first match today. She enjoyed all the singing and even joined in "Yellows". The first of many games at Carrow Road.

Another one for the future! Hope your grandson will be pestering you to take him to more games!

I think we need to ensure that we don''t get carried away by one decent performance against an awful Barnsley side. We were pretty ordinary in the 1st half...

Marshall 6/10 - Nothing to do after the first 10 minutes!

Semmy 6/10 - Dreadful 1st half but may be due to possible injury problem. Did better in the 2nd half.

Bertrand 7/10 - Better from him. Got forward well and was solid at the back.

Grounds 6/10 - Nervy first 20 mins or so then improved.

Doc 8/10 - Another top performance from the Doc. Also signs of him doing some organising too.

Fotheringham 7/10 - Best performance of the season from him. Worked hard and did a lot of the ugly jobs (breaking up attacks and tracking back)

Clingan 7/10 - Solid, some of his distribution was poor & some very good. Took the penalty with his usual aplomb.

Croft 9/10 - Ran Kozluk ragged all game. Virtually our only threat in the 1st half and maintained his level of performance in 2nd half.

Hoolahan 8/10 - Took his goal very well indeed and was a constant threat to the Barnsley defence.

Russell 8/10 - Worked very hard, lots of attempts on goal, deserved his goal and an assist too. Still not a striker though!

Cureton 7/10 - Worked hard and took his goal well. In the team to score goals so job done!

Subs

Pattison 8/10 - Storming 10 minute cameo, won the penalty and had another terrific run forward

Lupoli - Not really on long enough to judge but had a hand in 4th goal.

Bell - Only on for a couple of minutes but set up the 4th with a peach of a cross.

Gunny 9/10 - Not sure about Rusty up front (but it worked!) but he can clearly give a half time team talk. First time that I can remember us coming out all fired up for a second half. Usually, we look all lethargic and take 20 mins to pick things up.

All in all a great day but we have seen numerous "false dawns" already this season (Plymouth, Wolves, Ipswich, Forest). Hopefully, with Roeder gone this "dawn" will be different. Appoint the new manager and 4 or 5 additions to the squad then who knows. The next 2 games will have a huge impact on our season and we really need to maintain this momentum into those 2 games.

[quote user="Gentleman Jim"]

Today I took my Grandson to his first ever City match and he was so excited by it all I feel he will now go on being a Canaries fan for the next 50 years just like I have been.

[/quote]What brilliant timing!  Thank goodness it was today and not Notts Forest/Charlton.

In terms of ratings:8s all round barDoc - 9Hula - 9Croft - 8.5Grounds - 6Semi - 6 (he was awful first half including the wonderful "pass it out of play from five yards" move)A note on Fozzy: he was decent yesterday and read the game well, making two good interceptions.  I''d still like him to tackle more and stand off the attacking player less.It was like the fear had been lifted.

[quote user="gazzathegreat"]Marshall - to be fair didn''t have much to do, bar instruct his defence. 8/10

Semmy - what''s wrong with Semmy, seemed off the pace today, but not lacking in effort. Injury? 7/10

Grounds - looked a bit nervous and Doc had to take over at times 6/10

Doc - immense, as usual. Took over marshalling the others in defence and kept any threats at bay. Good on you Doc. 9/10

Plastic - improved from the past few weeks, which was good to see 7/10

Hoolahan - had a great game, wonderful passing, energy, guts and obvious yest for the game, like watching someone set free. And capping it with a well timed goal which opened up the game and gave the team confidence 10/10 MOTM

Fozzy - much improved, like Hoolahan seemed to relish the post Roeder atmosphere and contributed more than I have ever seen him. Forward passes, tackling in centre mid and talking and encouraging his team mates 8/10

Clingan - fantastic penalty - made sure of Barnsley threats, steady and linked up play well 8/10

Croft - wonderful running, guts and a true example of what it takes to want to win. Fantastic stuff Crofty. Always looking for getting into attacking areas, running down defenders to win corners, always involved 10/10

Rusty - great to see him playing very well with Hoolahan in particular. Great running as we expect from him . 9/10

Cureton - after so long out in the cold, it was wonderful irony for him to return home and against his loan club. He just had to score. Welcome home Jamie, your exile is over. An extra mark as your goal must have upset the former manager somewhat! 9/10

Subs - Lupoli - some good running, but game was won by the time he came on. 6/10

Pattison - some great surging runs, really up for it 7/10

Bell - not on long enough to judge.

Gunn - got it right today, thank you Bryan for letting the players know they only had to go out and play and win for themselves and the fans, you gave them the freedom to express just what a great honour it is to represent this club. Thanks, and the subs were well timed to give the players going off standing ovations. Confidence restored!

Crowd - 10/10. Atmosphere was great. More of the same, let''s hope....[/quote]Re Semi - Mentioned on Radio Norfolk that he has been suffering with a breathing problem which the medical staff are trying to diagnose/sort out - let''s hope it''s nothing serious.

Remembering how poor we were in the first half (these ratings do take that into account)...Marshall - 6Otsemobor - 5Doherty - 8Grounds - 6Bertrand - 7Croft - 7Clingan - 6Fotheringham - 6Hoolahan - 7Russell - 7Cureton - 6Much better second half obviously, Barnsley were terrible but at least we took full advantage of that, we created more, the players looked more up for it and in the end we fully deserved to win, no question. I''d forgotten what it felt like to win a game 4-0.

Think I''m the odd one out here. Didn''t see Russell as being very effective - despite his tremendous effort and non-stop action. Good, all round performances from every one though - but Clingan was my MoM. I''m a lone voice I know, but if he has to be sold I think we will miss him terribly.Marshall - 8 - he did have saves to make - in the first half at leastOtsemobor - 7 - clearly not fit but made some good runs in the second half especiallyDoherty - 9 - solid.Grounds - 7 - had some very good touches - as well as making some mistakesBertrand - 9 - a real surprise for me; on that form Drury could have a long wait.Croft - 9 - great performance - if only that inal delivery was better he would have had a tenClingan - 9 - excellent and my MoM - didn''t put a foot wrong, constantly pulling the strings in midfield as well as running

back when needed. Superb penalty and one

brilliant crossfield ball in the second half stand out.Fotheringham - 8 - not my favourite player but credit where it''s due - easly the best performance I have seen from him.Hoolahan - 9 - in so far as revels in the freedom of the park he IS like Hucks. Superb performance and a really skilful goalRussell - 8-  I''d give him 10 for effort; caused a lot of problems but not sure he was that effective, despite his goal. Think I would have started with Lupoli , despite his later petulance. He and Lupoli almost banged heads when he scored!Cureton - 8 - didn''t get the ball played to his feet for much of the match but he never gave up and he certainly "won" his goal.
Knew we would win and said so - but this beat my wildest dreams! (We will also beat Southampton).

Great to read your post Gentleman Jim. To introduce a new yella is a wonderful thing.

Your analysis is spot on and like Binky I think we cannot keep playing poor old Russell as a striker.

Gunny handled everything just right, though didn''t like his comments on the Chumpionship today re the players repaying Roder etc.

Nitpicking a bit but we won''t be able to select that team too many times and expect the right result without a player coming in to lead the line.

Get that right and a decent manager and i can see us moving up the table pretty swiftly.

Now over to the board........ of dear!

[quote user="Bury Yellow"]

Nitpicking a bit but we won''t be able to select that team too many times and expect the right result without a player coming in to lead the line.

Get that right and a decent manager and i can see us moving up the table pretty swiftly.

Now over to the board........ of dear![/quote]That''s the nub of it Yellow. Playing Lupoli instead of Russell might be an improvement but it''s not the answer. For me, the two best things Roeder did was to sign 1) Ched Evans and 2) Leroy Lita. We need No 3) now. Urgently.