Sign in to follow this  
moules

HUCKERBY

Looks like Wigan may nick Huckerby from under our nose, it really is decision time for the board lets hope the have the vision to continue on the journey for premiership football, I beleive if they dont have the guts to push the boat out now we may well lose not only Huckerby and Crouch but also Green Mc Veigh and even Worthy when their contracts are up for renewel

couldn''t agree with you more franco

I think we would lose Worthy before the end of his contract - he wants to get to the Premiership and if we don''t go for it and get the loan players, especially Hucks and Crouch, we will be throwing away a golden chance.

Pushing the boat out may not be as drastic as some would want us to believe. Sources say Harper is £300,000, a snip for him - Crouch could be kept on a season long loan for now and Hucks'' latest price seems to be around 850k, he will of course have to take a wage cut to stay here, but why wouldn''t he, he gets to play every week, a great chance of re-establishing himself - instead of sitting it out in Man City reserves. He loves the area as we all well know already. He isn''t the problem, it is the board who still think we can achieve promotion without the three, or by getting in some replacements in January. We have the best now, why swop for some inferior models?

We throw this chance away and sink to 10th position and the consequences are dire. We are still losing money, that will continue, despite the new stand, we will almost certainly lose Greeno, Drury and most importantly Worthy.

This is Mike Walker and Milan all over again, I sincerely hope this time this board can look ahead and go for it.

We cannot sit and watch Hucks go to Wigan, West Ham or Millwall (all recently named as being interested). That is like giving them the points we have already worked so hard for.

I put my trust and faith in Worthy to deliver, if anyone can, he will.

Keep the faith

Cant we arrange some sort of protest or sit in like when dear Mr Chase was going through his unpopular stage

I don''t think a protest or sit in is at all desrved. Of everyone with any interset in the club, I think you will find that Delia, MWJ, etc will want to bring all 3 loanees to the club more than anyone. They have done brilliantly so far this season, and I''m sure that right now, as you read this post, they will be doing everything they possibly can to keep the players.

Yep, it''s frustrating for us not knowing whats going on, but I think just a tad over the top to start talking protests, when they deserve a pat on the back.

If in January, we have none of the 3, and we have slipped down the table, then you have every right to be upset. But not now!

I could not agree with you more. However, when i suggested last week that the board needs to show us fans commitment i was slated. As you rightly say if we don''t sign Huckerby, then next term we will surely lose any of our players who are good enough to make premiership squads as we did with Kenton. But i am sure all the people who want Norwich run as a business will still be watching them when we are a struggling first division side, but will they fill 25,000 seats ? Sigh Huckerby and all seats will be sold, even if we fail the club would finally have shown some ambition