Sign in to follow this  
ZLF

Encouraging

An excellent second half and a rare occassion for City to get anything out of a game after going a goal down.

However surely this demonstrates why we need to push forward from the midfield? Attack really is the best form of defence. In the first half we sat the midfield 4 deep and let their midfield dominate the tempo of the game. Francis was strangely subdued and we desevedly went behind. In the second half we stepped 20 yds up the pitch & the result was clear to see.

I am sure it was more the tactical change rather than Mullers introduction that changed the game in the second half - Mullers again went missing for 10-15 mins in the middle of the half. However we were getting players forward, passing the ball to feet and playing like a team who can get promotion. More important is the fact that we now have some competition for central midfield places which means that if one player isnt performing we can

The introduction of McVeigh for Easton finally gave us the balance the team needed. His vision and excellent link play with Huckerby is something Worthy should look to exploit for the whole game rather than just 20 mins.

Unbeaten for three games and 2 of these were away - certainly encouraging!

OTBC

[quote user="Mr. Bump"]Oh great, Tweedledee and Tweedledum
[/quote]

this is why the board needs just 10 pages... then old threads drop off quicker and stops imbesiles like the 2 above dragging up old posts

jas :)

That''s about the 6th tread I''ve clicked on now from 2003...  can nothing be done about these 2?  Clearly they are only here on a wind up...

[quote user="Gibbo"]That''s about the 6th tread I''ve clicked on now from 2003...  can nothing be done about these 2?  Clearly they are only here on a wind up...[/quote]

Maybe the mods have gone on strike, nothing seems to be happening with regards to pointless posts since Pete has been away.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[quote user="Gibbo"]That''s about the 6th tread I''ve clicked on now from 2003...  can nothing be done about these 2?  Clearly they are only here on a wind up...[/quote]

Maybe the mods have gone on strike, nothing seems to be happening with regards to pointless posts since Pete has been away.

[/quote]

Totally agree 49, its getting tiresome now.

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[/quote]

Totally agree 49, its getting tiresome now.

[/quote]

It certainly is, in fact if they aren''t careful people will get bored of it and stop using the pink-un.

Tried that yesterday with those two school kid idiots, but you can only ignore so much when they keep bumping threads from way back when to the top of the page, knocking the Ray''s funds down.  I eventually got hacked off with it and closed the pink-un forum altogether.

I saw it and thought blimey I drunk more that I thought last night as I did not remember starting a thread!!  I am sure they picked on this because of the promotion hopes comment.  

However the bit that does strike a chord is the focus on an attacking midfield, players high up the pitch and getting beyond the strikers.  That is what we need form citys own tweedle dee and dum in teh centre - to be thinking forwards, with their passing and their movement - goonm boys I dare,  get beyond cort and into the box a dozen times each today - I know it will pay dividends :-)